Any tips for a total newbie??

Hello all! I have been dieting on and off for a long time now but always end up heavier in the end.

I think I put it down to my choices. Will stick to a diet for a few weeks then have a blowout and think ah heck will start again next week LOL

Have spent the last week looking at all the different VLCDs on offer and having spoken to a couple of people I think this is the one for me. I like the idea of removing all choice for the 12 weeks and giving myself the clean break to come back to food without my cravings and bad habits.

I am waiting for a call from my local consultant but was wondering if any of you have any tips for me?

One of my friends had great success on this plan and she told me to try cutting cals drastically to see if I can stick to it so this week I have been on 800 cals a day (least I could manage to get all my nutrition on without using replacements) and am pleased that I have not been as hungry as I thought I would be.

I am planning on using SS to start, is it possible to use the porridge and soups on SS??

So any advice would be greatfully received :D

Cut down carbs rather than cutting cals to begin with as this will help you get into ketosis
Really go for it - it works and it will take only a few weeks/months out of your life to make such a difference and the first try is really the 'golden time' - it seems to be harder to gain momentum as a returner to the diet
check out the inspirations slide show at the top of the site for encouragement
read all of the posts to get the benefit of others' experiences
you can have porridges/soups and shakes from day 1 with mousses and bars from day 14
good luck!

yeah as PP syas you would be better to cut carbs and sugar rather than calories as its the carb and sugar withdrawl that will make the first week hard ... so if you gradually reduce them you wont suffer the withdrawl headaches etc :)
Drink loads of water , come on here every day , and know that it gets easier .. are my best pieces of advice :)
also look at the diet as a positive thing .. dont look at it with dread .. but with excitement at the amazing amount of weight you can loose and the whole new you that will emerge :)

Thank you so much for the replies :D

I just got off the phone with my consultant, have to see GP 1st but that wont be a problem then due to go see her on Thursday next week to get started!

I am sooooo excited!! How many grams of carbs do you think I should cut down to? I spent last week trying to get under 100g per day (which was a big cut back for this bread addict LOL!) should I be going lower?? I really want to avoid as much of the 1st problems as I can :D

Back