Any tips for eating out??

Amyeve

Mummy of 2!
I've hardly been out much since my daughter was born, then the week i have started my 'serious' diet i've got invites left, right & centre for dinners/lunches out :sigh::D

Dont want to be a complete hermit and say no, but at same time i really dont want to fall of the wagon this time

So any tips for eating out? Im off to the harvester tomorrow, so im thinking a red day & mixed grill with salad maybe??

Yeah the only thing I think of when eating out is the extra oil and butter that they cook things in.

Some places actually do a WW or SW meal so have a look at that.

You can have a flexi day as they say... not ever done that.. and always as them to hold the mayo or something like that... (Always wanted to say that :8855: don't know why though... think I am loosing the plot)

Good luck and have a lovely meal.

GO OUT AND ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!

I've got two little children and NEVER get out :( If I did I'd blow the diet!!

But well done for wanting to be good! Mixed grill and salad sounds like a good choice. Just be sensible - ask for no sauce or butter etc. But don't forget one meal a week won't undo all the good work you're doing.

Enjoy yourself.

I can remember when Harvester used to put the syn values on their menu for people that were doing the SW diet!!
I would personally go for a steak, jacket potato with salad (low fat dressing) or the gammon and jacket.

Yeah the only thing I think of when eating out is the extra oil and butter that they cook things in.

Some places actually do a WW or SW meal so have a look at that.

You can have a flexi day as they say... not ever done that.. and always as them to hold the mayo or something like that... (Always wanted to say that :8855: don't know why though... think I am loosing the plot)

Good luck and have a lovely meal.

Just out of interest what places do SW points it'd be handy to know!?Please ta xxx

OOoo yeah that would be handy to know!

hmm steak & jacket, that sounds like it'll be the winner!! Im terribley anemic so obviously it'll be for medicinal purposes too ;)

just looked up harvesters menu online and gives nutrional values of their dishes, i wish i hadnt now. 924cals for 1 serving of nachos!!! no wonder im overweight :rolleyes:

mixed grill is always good but make sure you dont get chips(!) and sometimes they put fried things on - eggs, bacon etc, so be careful. also some sausages can be very high syn too. sorry ot confuse things :p

I went the other day and had the double chicken breast (more like one cut in two!) i asked for a small jacket and it was a little bit so i only eat half and piled up the salad and it was great, didnt bother with dressings or butter....

Hope you enjoy,

Becci

Steak and salad always good.
Or tomato based pasta.
If you go out for a quick lunch, what about omlette and salad? Or jacket pot?

Back