• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Any tips for eating out??

I've hardly been out much since my daughter was born, then the week i have started my 'serious' diet i've got invites left, right & centre for dinners/lunches out :sigh::D

Dont want to be a complete hermit and say no, but at same time i really dont want to fall of the wagon this time

So any tips for eating out? Im off to the harvester tomorrow, so im thinking a red day & mixed grill with salad maybe??

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Yeah the only thing I think of when eating out is the extra oil and butter that they cook things in.

Some places actually do a WW or SW meal so have a look at that.

You can have a flexi day as they say... not ever done that.. and always as them to hold the mayo or something like that... (Always wanted to say that :8855: don't know why though... think I am loosing the plot)

Good luck and have a lovely meal.

GO OUT AND ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!

I've got two little children and NEVER get out :( If I did I'd blow the diet!!

But well done for wanting to be good! Mixed grill and salad sounds like a good choice. Just be sensible - ask for no sauce or butter etc. But don't forget one meal a week won't undo all the good work you're doing.

Enjoy yourself.

I can remember when Harvester used to put the syn values on their menu for people that were doing the SW diet!!
I would personally go for a steak, jacket potato with salad (low fat dressing) or the gammon and jacket.

Yeah the only thing I think of when eating out is the extra oil and butter that they cook things in.

Some places actually do a WW or SW meal so have a look at that.

You can have a flexi day as they say... not ever done that.. and always as them to hold the mayo or something like that... (Always wanted to say that :8855: don't know why though... think I am loosing the plot)

Good luck and have a lovely meal.
Just out of interest what places do SW points it'd be handy to know!?Please ta xxx

OOoo yeah that would be handy to know!

hmm steak & jacket, that sounds like it'll be the winner!! Im terribley anemic so obviously it'll be for medicinal purposes too ;)

just looked up harvesters menu online and gives nutrional values of their dishes, i wish i hadnt now. 924cals for 1 serving of nachos!!! no wonder im overweight :rolleyes:

mixed grill is always good but make sure you dont get chips(!) and sometimes they put fried things on - eggs, bacon etc, so be careful. also some sausages can be very high syn too. sorry ot confuse things :p

I went the other day and had the double chicken breast (more like one cut in two!) i asked for a small jacket and it was a little bit so i only eat half and piled up the salad and it was great, didnt bother with dressings or butter....

Hope you enjoy,

Becci