Any tips on making up the soups

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Karenn, 2 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Karenn

Karenn Member

Hi guys, this is my first day on exante. I did LT last year for 3weeks and found it hard just having the soups. I could stomach the bars and soups so I'm trying exante. Have you any tips on preparing the soups please. X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karenn

Karenn Member

Making up the soups

Sorry I meant to say I only had the shakes. The taste was ok but fancied trying new flavours in the soups. I lost 1stone in 3 weeks last year. Hopefully I can stick to this plan longer. I've 3 to 4 stone to loose.xx

4. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I find a balloon whisk the best method. Just add a little water at a time and whisk as you go. Tends to get the majority of the lumps out.

A bit of salt, pepper, herbs and spices also helps. Just experiment and find what you prefer.

5. Mia

Mia Skinny girl in a fat body

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/Exante
    Hi Karenn, welcome to Exante.

I can't comment on LT products because I have never been on LT. I have been on CD a few times though and find Exante soups a lot thicker than CD (shakes too). I make mine up with 450ml of water and they are fine for me. I don't add any sauces etc but I do like coarse ground black pepper on them which is unusual becasue I don't usually like pepper!

Anyway, like Joanne said, it's just trial and error.

6. Jeep

Jeep Otherwise known as Jools

Start Weight:
    22st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Exante - currently
    I use a hand blender to mix mine up and use about 400mls of water.

7. Divster

Divster Banned

I use hand blender too, 200mls of boiled water and 50mls cold, not tried it with more water though

8. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

When i did the soups i used to make them in a pot, 400mls water, and anything else thrown in to make them taste better lol x

9. Karenn

Karenn Member

Thanks guys for your advice, I'll give it a go. Just a bit worried as the LT soup was horrible x

10. Karenn

Karenn Member

Just had the tomato and basil soup. I mixed it in the blender. Omg the taste and texture was awful. I was gagging whilst I was eating. I added salt and pepper still awful. I think the texture didn't help a thick frothy nasty taste. Next time I think I'll just use a whisk to see if this helps with texture. Just worried as it's my first day and I've bought a months supply so I have to have a soup a day. I had the strawberry shake this morning and that was ok. Hope I can do thisxxx

11. Chunky Madwife

Chunky Madwife Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(10.65%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    I hated the soups at first, but have been adding loads (and I mean loads) of ground chilli flakes and black pepper and now I'm actively enjoying them.

I also use a wee electric whisk, only drawback is slightly frothy texture.

12. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Thats why I recommended a balloon whisk. That way you dont get the froth.

13. florakitty

florakitty Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm in the same boat! i bought a month's supply and I can't stand the tomato and basil soup. The other ones I can just about bear if I add 400ml+ of water, salt and pepper to mask the taste. I think after this month I'm going to buy another bumper pack but buy extra shakes separately so I don't have to have the tomato and basil. I find if I add enough pepper, salt and water the other ones all taste the same which is good enough for me!! I'm on day 7 of Exante today and I've lost 8lbs (and it's totm) so that's giving me the thinspiration to carry on.

14. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I find if you put the powder in first and then add a small amount of water and mix to paste, then add a drop of water at a time and do lots of stiring, the lumps do disappear!
    Personally for me, soup, blended in anyway that's ends up frothy is just awful!

Xxx

15. lozoo

lozoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    exante
    yuk If I added 400mls of water it would make twice the amount, taking twice as long to eat and I couldnt stomache that lol! I use a blender, theres no lumps and I eat the froth first to get it out the way! Tomato and basil is rank but I didnt find mushroom too bad :)

16. missjam

missjam Full Member

well i use 200ml water max... i put a tiny bit of water in and mix that with a fork... until its like a hard paste.. then slowly add more and more water whist using my fork... then sit and leave it for 5 minutes and it turns thicker!

17. Julie2011

Julie2011 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(16.82%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I add a little cold water to the bottom of a tall blender cup, then the powder, and whisk it a little.

I top it with lots of extra boiling water and a good splash of Encona Hot Pepper Sauce (it doesn't contain citric acid like some others). I may also add a little fresh chopped herbs, e.g. few basil leaves to the tomato soup. The hot pepper sauce covers some of the more yukky flavours of the soup.

I use an electric wand whisk to whizz it up. It makes up about 400-500ml soup. I let it sit for a few minutes before eating as it seems to thicken a bit.

18. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm not a big fan of the tomato soup, it's quite different to the other 3, which I think are all much tastier, creamier etc. I tend to make them up in a really large mug and just use a spoon / fork to stir (lots of stirring!), I tend to use the soups for my lunch at work, as easy to make up like that. I think it's probably more than the 250mls I use, I've never measured it though.
    Hope you find the other soups tastier :)
    The tomato is quite good disguised with some tabasco!

19. TT Tessie

TT Tessie Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE (LIPOTRIM PREVIOUSLY)
    I use 300 - 400ml cold water add the powder use a blender or now just use the aerolatte. Being careful not to lift above surface as this will make in frothy. Stick in micro bout 2mins. I heat the veg slowly in a saucepan.

Good Luck.
    ps I've also found that my tastes fluctuate so if I don't particularly like something won't force myself but will find that in the next month I might quite fancy it. Love hate between the Tomato and Thai chicken. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.