Any tips

*Anewme*

Bring On The New Me!
On lowing my Carbs etc for starting the CD. Hoping to start next Thursday/Friday time.

Any other useful tips :D

Hi Anewme, and welcome to minimins! I can't really offer much advice as I didn't do this before CD - had a major carb blow-out, lol.

If you can do something similar to Atkins - lots of protein and some green veg - and avoid potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, pastries and biscuits and any starchy veg like parsnips, peas, sweetcorn, then you will be off to a great start. You may even find that you lose weight before you even start CD.

Good luck and the best bit of advice I can suggest is visit this forum on a daily basis as it gives great support and encouragement:)

hi and welcome :) as Minxie says gradually reduce your carbs from now , cut down on bread ect and try and eat green and white ( so chicken , white fish , tuna , cottage cheese , quorn ect and green leafy veg , mushrooms, brocolli ect ) also cut down your sugar , this will really help you avoid the carb and sugar withdrawl that make the first few days sooo very tough :)
also start getting into the habit of drinking lots of water , you will need to drink around 3-4 litres a day when on CD so its helpful to get used to this now and like Minxie says , you may even loose a little weight before you start :)

Good luck , its a great journey :)

Thanks girls :)

Been to see CDC I start next weekend on sole source. Cant wait to start shifting this weight! x

Thanks girls :)

Been to see CDC I start next weekend on sole source. Cant wait to start shifting this weight! x

Good luck, I hope you enjoy it. Sounds weird but at times I do find it hard but i love the diet. x x

Yeah i bet its hard hun, I just know i need to do this for me need to get my confidence back. Im getting married next year too. xxx

once on the diet my best tip is hot drinks - whenever you are hungry have a hot drink as it makes you feel more full up than cold liquid.

I have all my shakes hot as well other than the tetra blocks - I get really hungry if I have them cold but hot they fill me up without a problem.

Good luck - the first few days you may wonder what the hell you did this for, although that shouldn't be so bad after the preparation you've done, but grit your teeth and get past the first few and you'll be fine and it gets so much easier. A lot of it is about getting your head in the right place and once you've got that sorted you'll be on a straight road towards the you you want to become.

xxx

once on the diet my best tip is hot drinks - whenever you are hungry have a hot drink as it makes you feel more full up than cold liquid.

I have all my shakes hot as well other than the tetra blocks - I get really hungry if I have them cold but hot they fill me up without a problem.

Good luck - the first few days you may wonder what the hell you did this for, although that shouldn't be so bad after the preparation you've done, but grit your teeth and get past the first few and you'll be fine and it gets so much easier. A lot of it is about getting your head in the right place and once you've got that sorted you'll be on a straight road towards the you you want to become.

xxx

Thanks thats very useful. Must admit im going out for a meal tomorrow for the last time :whistle: then monday lowing carbs and sugar etc & making a start on my water intake!

Hi Anewme -- I'm also starting on Cambridge diet on 8th May - my consultant is coming out to see me on Friday so i'll be starting on Saturday (a week today). I am going out for a meal tomorrow and then from Monday will reduce my carbs and sugar intake and start to drink my water again - I was on lipotrim but got bored of the lack of flavours so took a 2 week break before starting on cambridge - so far i've put on 2lbs since stopping the diet but i'm not too worried as i know i'll be starting this diet again. As we are starting at the same time this week , maybe we can spur each other on and keep each other posted on how we are both doing ??..

Yep Claz that would be fab! Good luck to you hun!

Well im not sure if i could start saturday or not as my appointment is at 10.40am and i dont normally eat in mornings anyways (i know bad me) so was thinking i could have my 3 shakes after that and just take it as my breakfast! I dont know proberly ask my CDC on Saturday!

when i started lipotrim i went the the chemist in the morning and started on the diet straight away, so can't see any reason why you wo't be able to start straight away on saturday !!

Saturday it is then :)

Im going to try cut out carbs n sugars this week dont know how i will cope with not having my coke lol xxx

Back