Total Solution Any tips??

Jenny_h

Morning,

This is my first time on a VCLD I am now of day 4 and suffering horrible with bad breath, to be honest it's more the nasty taste in my mouth that is bothering me.

I would be very grateful for any tips.....

This is a common problem when you enter ketosis, so first of all take that as a good sign!

Secondly, there's not much you can do I'm afraid. I've read a few posts where people are taking their toothbrushes to work, others state that keeping mouthwash in your handbag and there's also the option of mouth freshener spray (but there's no confirmation if these are allowed, so if you use these go easy).

Drinking plenty of water can help but not eliminate the problem.

Don't let it bother you too much, just pick one of the above and carry it in your handbag.

Just think: the things we do to get slim will be well worth it in the end!!!

Keep up the good work! :) Best of luck

Thank you for the response, I have actually started taking my toothbrush to work with me as I am very conscious of breathing over anyone when I speak.

You're right a small inconvenience for losing the weight seems worth it!! :)

This is a common problem when you enter ketosis, so first of all take that as a good sign!

Secondly, there's not much you can do I'm afraid. I've read a few posts where people are taking their toothbrushes to work, others state that keeping mouthwash in your handbag and there's also the option of mouth freshener spray (but there's no confirmation if these are allowed, so if you use these go easy).

Drinking plenty of water can help but not eliminate the problem.

Don't let it bother you too much, just pick one of the above and carry it in your handbag.

Just think: the things we do to get slim will be well worth it in the end!!!

Keep up the good work! :) Best of luck

I agree with all of this. The only thing I would add is that it does get better, it seems to ease off as your body adjusts.
Just another observation I was in a meeting today with six skinnies. I think they were all hungry and breath was a bit smelly. They were not doing any diet , just end of the day hungry. Just keep drinking water, it always makes me feel better whatever the problem.

GSQ

Thank you for your advices, I find I am constantly thirsty at the moment so drink 2+ litres of water a day has not been difficult.

Congratulations on your weight loss, did you manage it all through diet or did you exercise as well?

Jenny

Thank you for your advices, I find I am constantly thirsty at the moment so drink 2+ litres of water a day has not been difficult.

Congratulations on your weight loss, did you manage it all through diet or did you exercise as well?

Jenny

Thank you.
For me diet alone was not enough. So yes swimming.

Swimming. Five times a week. I gradually built it up, started at about ten mins increased to forty mins. I now swim 40 lengths of a 25 meter pool five times a week. Hooked on exercise!
GSQ

I am sat at my desk most of the day but have taken up jogging/walking at least 3miles at lunch, I'm hoping that helps!!

Back