• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Any way around Drs signature?

S: 17st1lb C: 11st9lb G: 11st1lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 5st6lb(31.8%)
Sorry for another question.

I went to see a CDC the other night to get info and the form for the dr with a view to maybe starting on the 810 plan.

I tried to get an appt today with my Dr for next week but it`s going to be at least the week after before I can see her and I`d just like to crack on with things if I`m going to do it.

As I`ll be doing the 810 plan and still having a meal, Is there any way I can get around having a signature?

I have medical issues (namely underactive thyroid) but if it`s that I need it checked before starting, I only had it checked a couple of weeks ago.

I just wondered if anyone could please advise me before asking the CDC as I don`t want to put her in an awkward position if she is not allowed to do it.

Hope this makes sense :rolleyes: braincell not working today lol


LiSe Xx
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!


Silver Member
S: 19st10lb C: 18st13.5lb Loss: 0st10.5lb(3.8%)
I *think* you can do the 1000cal plan without a doc signiture. But as its not just to do with your BMI but a health issue I would wait and see what the doc has to say.


Full Member
The irresponsible thing to do would be to engage on the 1000 cal plan with no doc signature and then do the SS, who could stop you....
You know how you feel , take the risk , you are an adult in a "risk averse" society. If you feel ill, stop doing it.
How many times have you had your thyroid test done and the GP looks at the numbers and tells you that you are fine, regardless of how you actually feel. I hve been there.
I get fed up of being misunderstood. So i have taken charge i will decide what i do. If i feel unwell , i'll change my plan.
I am not suggesting you take this course, just empower yourself. People who have never suffered thyroid disease cannot understand the frustration.

great things

Gold Member
S: 17st7lb C: 16st13lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 36 Loss: 0st8lb(3.27%)
your health must come first hun. do the lowest plan you can til you get a signature as it will be a good 'in' to the diet and will prepare you for ss/ss+ etc. you will still loose weight.


Gone fishing
I'm afraid that without the drs sig, you can't do any of the plans. Not even the 1500kcal one :(

I'm wondering why you have to have your thyroid checked again if you only had it checked 2 weeks ago? Assuming you are on thyroxine and your levels were fine and steady, you would only need the siggy...well normally anyway:confused:
S: 17st1lb C: 11st9lb G: 11st1lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 5st6lb(31.8%)
Thanks everyone for the replies x

I have decided to just suck it up and wait until I can see my Dr and have a chat with her in a couple of weeks (going to try and get an appt for week after next - Pls wish me luck :rolleyes: lol )

KD, I don`t have to get my levels checked to go on CD, I was wondering if that was why I had to see the Dr first as CD is all new to me. I am on Thyroxine but my levels are never stable :rolleyes: We`re tweaking with the dose again at the moment :(

From what you`ve said, If my levels aren`t steady would it mean I couldn`t do CD anyway?

Thanks again everyone


Similar threads