any1 go from sw to ww and have success??????

febbabe

hi all,after doin sw for near 2 years on and off i joined ww yesterday and started ths mornin.im curious did any1 find ww was better/easier for them to do ????????

Hey,

In answer to your question about ww being easier it really does depend on what you found hard with sw. Its more convient so if you don't have the time to prepare food from scratch which I found with sw then it is easier in that sense. Plus eating out and having a social life I found could be incorporated more easily without having to 'break' my diet like I use to on sw. The only thing I find frustrating about ww is that everything has to be weighed and counted and sometimes this can get a bit annoying but it really does depend on the individual. What works for one person may not necessarily work for you. Hopefully though as sw wasn't for you then maybe ww is :)

Good luck,
Dan x

Both will work, it is a matter of finding which suits you. I have done both, and for me..WW was a better option :)

Hiya

I've done SW on and off for a few years and always swore by it! However, mid Jan i decided to give WW a go. After the first meeting I felt like my head was going to explode and thought I'm never going to get this but when I got home and had a good look through all the info I thought ok I'll give it a good go!
I must say now I am absolutely loving WW. The weight is coming off a lot quicker than it did when I did SW. I love being in control of my portion sizes. When on SW i would have mountains of pasta, rice, potatoes, but now weigh them and still feel satisfied afterwards.
Give it a good go, I'm sure you'll do well :)
Good luck
Sarah x

I have done both in the past. WW works better for me as I was having quite large portions on SW when it wasn't necessary. I also find myself more motivated to exercise, with ww, as I get a reward (activity points).

I was at SW for 9 months last year and lost only 5 lb. I found the 'eat as much of' some things like lean meat, potatoes, pasta etc. too difficult to handle and usually ended up 'eating as much of' everything I could get my hands on. I left SW weighing 14st 11 and joined WW the next week. That was at the start of October 2012 and I have lost 3st 1lb so far. I find the portion control and counting easier to handle and need the discipline of knowing when to stop for the day. Definitely give it a go!

I was on SW for 14months & lost 5s 9.5lbs but from Nov til last week yo yoed up & down and only lost 4lbs total - no reasons (stuck to plan, tried red & green, susess express etc without any joy). so decided I wanted to shift this 19lb left so moved to WW. Today is my 1st WI at WW so am quite excited but nervous, just hoping the change in eating will kick start things.

SW - is great as it is flexible, but you can eat as much as you like although portion control is harder to maintain. I loved the flexibility and wider support on here and faceb88k groups. Feel I could maintain easier on SW in the longer run. My meeting was great, very supportive, liked the image therapy as was good if you were struggling
WW - like the point system feel more in control, find the support on here & faceb88k not as great. Find the WW site hard and not that user friendly. Not sure about meetings as changing meetings this week but the one I joined at I found very monotone and the consultant talking at you, not much discussion/talking which is a shame as felt little support. Will see what new meeting is like tonight before i make a judgement (miss my meetings and chats/support big time this week).

Back