Anybody at target ??

I took my target recently - It wasn't down to a weight or dress size as such, just more of being ok with where I was at & the fact that I was getting lots of comments from people, some nice like how I looked fab, BUT don't loose anymore & some not so nice, you look gaunt!! :(

I never wanted the "skinny" look. I figured when my losses slowed down & I got some STS then that would be my bodies way of saying - ok happy now! Didn't work that way though, my losses are still going!

Luckily I went on holiday the week I took target, after 10 days away on next WI I gained 1lb, so still in target, then this week I lost 2.5lbs. I am just in target now by 1lb so need to be carefull.

I did consider asking my consultant about changing my target but TBH I don't want a whole 7lbs different. I'd like another 1lb or so from where I am now so we'll see.

Anyway - this won't have helped at all as I am just rambelling, but it is totally upto you when you set your target, your c shouldn't be putting any pressure on you.

I am almost at target (2lb to go) I only told my cons tonight what my target was ..... you dont need to set one yet set an interim one for example 1 stone then when you get to that set another. Dont think you should be forced in to setting a final pat yet I have only ever been asked what my target is for that particular week .... we all change our minds best to set it when you are much closer to where you want to be.

As others have said - don't let anyone pressure you to select a target - you may have something already in mind, or may not decide till you actually get there.

I'm actually trying to achieve my third target now. I hit my first one mid-march - but didn't tell anyone as I knew I still wanted to go further. I hit the second one 4 weeks ago, but have had problems stopping loosing and wasn't happy with what i had to eat to try and maintain, so dropping another 7lbs from there to hopefulyl find it easier to maintain.

The first target was purely a number that sounded good - to have gone from weighing in excess of 27.5st, to 15st sounded to me like a good weight to go for. Turned out that as i approached it - i knew i wasn't going to be happy there and just carried on loosing.

My second one was 13.5st - i came to that via a number of things - but mainly as I was starting to dislike how thin i looked in some of my pics. However I also wanted to get safely past the point where i could say "there used to be two of me".

I'm now confused as to where my target should be, and have discussed this with my consultant - who as consultants should do - has not pressured or even advised what my target should be - but instead has reminded me that it's my decision, and that it should be something i can easily maintain.

I'm happy with the top half of my body and reckon that it's at my target weight. However my middle part still has a huge spare tyre around it and so it's definitely not at my target weight. Therefore I still want to lose about another half stone, although I'll have to go carefully as the top part of my body will probably get skinnier as well.

So I've not set my official target yet as I want to see how I look as I lose the weight. I don't want to look gaunt but I also want a slimmer waist and tummy. It's going to be difficult to find the right balance, but I know I'm not happy with my shape right now. I do a lot of exercise but I've still got a huge tummy.

I think if you're not sure about a target weight, you'll just have to keep going until you are happy with yourself and not when other people tell you. Provided your target weight is not less than the healthy weight range for your height.

Looking at your stats it seems that you probably don't have much left to lose which is why your consultant is asking you to set a target.
We don't ask people to set them at the start unless they want to but as they lose their weight they tend to set one. It can be changed though and a lot will set it and change it at half stone intervals - nothing is set in stone.

I set my target at 10st7 initially because I just hadn't been that low in many years. I reached it and as soon as I stepped on the scales that week I knew I didn't want to be that weight, so I said I wanted to drop it half a stone.
I've been this weight for 2 years now.

So, in answer to your question - it wasn't dress size, bmi (although this weight is just in the healthy bmi so that's fine by me!) or measurements - it was how happy I was with my body at that weight.

Why not set your target in half stone chunks and just see how you feel.

I'm now confused as to where my target should be, and have discussed this with my consultant - who as consultants should do - has not pressured or even advised what my target should be - but instead has reminded me that it's my decision, and that it should be something i can easily maintain.

I have been thinking about this a lot as well.
I am now 1lbs away from my original target I didn't think I'd reach (8 stone) and i know that if I lowered it to say 7 stone 10 it would be such an effort to maintain it it'd make me focus on food all the time and I wouldn't really be happy with the target I'd chosen.

I reached target just over a month ago.
I initially set my target at 8stone 12 - I wanted to be inside the BMI range as had no real idea how I would feel when I reached it.
On that weeks WI, I lost 5.5lbs so my target was set at 8stone 9.5lbs. I continued to lose over the following weeks, so reset my target to 8stone 3lbs.
I lost 4.5lbs last week to reach that target. This week for the first time ever, I've sts!
I'm incredibly happy at the weight and my body seems to like it too. Just like GemmaBe, I had thought of going to 7stone 10, but I really wanted to be able to maintain without being overly careful about what I'm eating.
For me, it was definitely about being comfortable with my shape, not about dress size. BMI is certainly a guidance, but which end of the 'normal' range you choose depends entirely on how you feel about yourself - so, for me, as I'm quite a petite build, the lower end is good, but as I'm a bit older, I would not choose to go too slim.

Don't be put under pressure to set your final target just until you are ready - this is all about you after all.

Good luck. x

I just wanted to feel good and buy the smaller clothes but I did keep an eye on the BMI. At 22.1 I am right in the middle of the healthy range.
I had thought about lowering my target by another 7 pounds but so many people have said I look fine and if I lose more it will make me look too thin.
I get into size 8/10 clothes so I am happy!

You must choose a target that suits you and not be pressured.
We have some target members that are size 14s and they are happy with that as that is their choice. Nothing wrong with that at all. We are all different.

Back