Anybody have any opinions on Lipotrim V Exante?

April1

Hi, I have been on Lipotrim for 2 weeks and am more than satisfied with the results, however I know that very soon I am going to get bored of the limited options. Has anybody else moved from one to the other and what do you think (do you lose at the same rate etc). I have noticed that on Lipotrim you get 425kcal per day and Exante is 600kcal - wondering if this will slow down my weight loss? X

theres a really good sticky thread called how do other vlcd's compare to exante that should answer any questions you have, haven't done lipotrim so can't help x

theres a really good sticky thread called how do other vlcd's compare to exante that should answer any questions you have, haven't done lipotrim so can't help x

Thank you, I think I have just read that. I am just concerned about moving from 425kcal on LT to 600kcal on Exante. Got a tight goal set for myself and wouldn't want to gain any weight due to the increase of calories (although if I did the recommended 20mins of exercise a day then maybe this would help with the difference) x

I dont know what it'd be like moving directly from LT to Exante, but regarding having 400 calories vs 600 calories, I did Lighter Life twice and found my weight loss record book from the last time and I've lost more in 9 weeks on Exante than I did on LL, not a lot more but about 3 or 4lbs, so those extra 200 calories dont make much difference.

I dont know what it'd be like moving directly from LT to Exante, but regarding having 400 calories vs 600 calories, I did Lighter Life twice and found my weight loss record book from the last time and I've lost more in 9 weeks on Exante than I did on LL, not a lot more but about 3 or 4lbs, so those extra 200 calories dont make much difference.

Thanks for this. I think i might give it a go :)) x

Hiya!! There are quite a few differences. I'll make a list for you!

Lipotrim

- shakes come in 3 flavors. chocolate. vanilla. strawberry.
- only one soup option, chicken
- 2 bar options that taste pretty much like cardboard and make your mouth really dry
- you have to go through a pharmacist and go every single week to get weighed & receive your products
- it's more expensive than exante

Exante

- 4 shake options. chocolate. banana. vanilla. strawberry.
- 2 bar options. chocolate orange. toffee nut & raisin. they actually look and taste good!
- 4 soup options. vegetable. thai chicken. tomato & basil. mushroom
- there is a winter warmer pack that has porridge oats & pasta carbonara (I haven't had these yet but I've heard they are quite good)
- you monitor yourself and weigh yourself
- you can pick whatever flavors you want
- it's cheaper than lipotrim (if you buy a bumper pack)

Also. Exante tastes SO much better! If you have any other questions just let me know! :)

Also. I'm on my first week so I can let you know if the weight difference is any when I do my weigh ins!

Hiya!! There are quite a few differences. I'll make a list for you!

Lipotrim

- shakes come in 3 flavors. chocolate. vanilla. strawberry.
- only one soup option, chicken
- 2 bar options that taste pretty much like cardboard and make your mouth really dry
- you have to go through a pharmacist and go every single week to get weighed & receive your products
- it's more expensive than exante

Exante

- 4 shake options. chocolate. banana. vanilla. strawberry.
- 2 bar options. chocolate orange. toffee nut & raisin. they actually look and taste good!
- 4 soup options. vegetable. thai chicken. tomato & basil. mushroom
- there is a winter warmer pack that has porridge oats & pasta carbonara (I haven't had these yet but I've heard they are quite good)
- you monitor yourself and weigh yourself
- you can pick whatever flavors you want
- it's cheaper than lipotrim (if you buy a bumper pack)

Also. Exante tastes SO much better! If you have any other questions just let me know! :)

Thanks Killercurls, the choice of shakes & food make it quite appealing. I'd have to be very dedicated with having no official weigh in but I have this forum for support. Keep me updated with your weight loss, if I change over it will be after next week when I have finished my lipotrim x

Ive done lipotrim twice....i thought it was good, but by week 6 i was destraught and driven up the wal lwith so little choice of things to eat..i missed food really badly too...

My losses where a little higher first week with LT, but you settle to an average loss like any other VLCD.

My ave loss with lipotrim was 4lb, its the same with exante.... But exantes so much better because;

1..It costs less
*snip*
3.. the bars are lovely an chewy, LT was like eating pressed cardboard
4.. porridge and carbonara make you feel like your actually eating food.
5.. no representitives, so if you need a weekend off you can
6.. food week and added food..this is not an option on LT its TS or nuthin
7.. much more choice on flavours.

Im getting on much better and im way happier with exante.

And you loose because your in ketosis, both diets put you into ketosis.

On LT when you do reach target and eat your so damned happy to eat food you can easily go back to your old ways. ( i did this twice) i think with exante you can go up through the steps and make food transition much easier.

When your at target it would be so easy to just jump back in and out to keep your weight down

Lastly there will be some new food packs soon :)....

Hope this helps...

Nikki

Xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold up. There's gonna be more choices available?? How do you know? Lol

They said on the newsletter coming soon... Two more food choices coming soon... And improved recipees.

Jael copied it on a thread a week or so ago.

Nik
Xx

Ive done lipotrim twice....i thought it was good, but by week 6 i was destraught and driven up the wal lwith so little choice of things to eat..i missed food really badly too...

My losses where a little higher first week with LT, but you settle to an average loss like any other VLCD.

My ave loss with lipotrim was 4lb, its the same with exante.... But exantes so much better because;

1..It costs less
*snip*
3.. the bars are lovely an chewy, LT was like eating pressed cardboard
4.. porridge and carbonara make you feel like your actually eating food.
5.. no representitives, so if you need a weekend off you can
6.. food week and added food..this is not an option on LT its TS or nuthin
7.. much more choice on flavours.

Im getting on much better and im way happier with exante.

And you loose because your in ketosis, both diets put you into ketosis.

On LT when you do reach target and eat your so damned happy to eat food you can easily go back to your old ways. ( i did this twice) i think with exante you can go up through the steps and make food transition much easier.

When your at target it would be so easy to just jump back in and out to keep your weight down

Lastly there will be some new food packs soon :)....

Hope this helps...

Nikki

Xx

Thanks Nikki, I feel as if I'd be cheating on my pharmacist if I swapped (but she's not been the best anyway ha) and I need to do what is best for me. I'm not at the distraught stage yet but am looking ahead thinking can I really have JUST the LT options until August. X

Last edited by a moderator:
My loses for both worked out about the same in the long run!! I prefer exante as it's more flavours and no where near as strict!

They said on the newsletter coming soon... Two more food choices coming soon... And improved recipees.

Jael copied it on a thread a week or so ago.

Nik
Xx

I didn't even know there was a newsletter! Ohh....wonder what they'll be? How exciting! Also. How soon is soon? haha

New packs??? Oooh how exciting, I can't wait!

Thanks Nikki, I feel as if I'd be cheating on my pharmacist if I swapped (but she's not been the best anyway ha) and I need to do what is best for me. I'm not at the distraught stage yet but am looking ahead thinking can I really have JUST the LT options until August. X
Hey April, I did LT a few years ago and I found that I had very little support from the pharmacist. At the end of the day, they run a business and sell a product and it's entirely up to you where you go and who you buy from. As you say, do what's best for you. I personally found LT unsustainable because the products were so limited in choice and the bars were so artificial they just made me gag. Horrid stuff IMHO. With Exante you've got the choice and the flavour and the whole calorie issue has already been addressed so I'm not going to go into that again.
At the end of the day you've got to ask yourself, esp with a lot to lose like myself as well, what can you see yourself sticking with in the long run?

:)

Back