Anybody maintaining after Exante??....

Bananadrama

Silver Member
Hi,

I've been doing exante for 6 weeks now and already am thinking about how to get back to normal eating at the end of my journey and I just wondered if there's anyone who has lost a lot of weight with exante and has kept it off?? Would be really inspirational to know that it can be done!!! :D

x

BouncyBride said:
Hi,

I've been doing exante for 6 weeks now and already am thinking about how to get back to normal eating at the end of my journey and I just wondered if there's anyone who has lost a lot of weight with exante and has kept it off?? Would be really inspirational to know that it can be done!!! :D

x

Great post would also love to know this! X

Me too - lost four stone on Cambridge but it went back on gradually - know why but it's "how to change" that's the hard part - so advice please xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'd love to hear from maintainers also. I've been thinking about what my new daily diet will be like after i've finished Exante and I'm not even half way through yet!! lol. I can't help myself.

Good thread. I've already started thinking about this too and it's so daunting!

Ahhh I'm glad I posted now!! I thought it was just me! LOL I'm thinking that I'm going to do the PaulMckenna theory when I come off it. Eat WHATEVER you like but stop when you're full. I did it a few months ago and lost a fair bit and didn't feel at all like I was on a diet because I wasn't! I just wasn't being a pig!!!! After depriving myself for so long, I want to be able to eat what I will enjoy and I'm sure that after not eating for 6 months it won't take me long to feel full!! :D

BouncyBride said:
Ahhh I'm glad I posted now!! I thought it was just me! LOL I'm thinking that I'm going to do the PaulMckenna theory when I come off it. Eat WHATEVER you like but stop when you're full. I did it a few months ago and lost a fair bit and didn't feel at all like I was on a diet because I wasn't! I just wasn't being a pig!!!! After depriving myself for so long, I want to be able to eat what I will enjoy and I'm sure that after not eating for 6 months it won't take me long to feel full!! :D

I've never heard of this but eating WHATEVER you want sounds blooming good to me! Lol x

I've never heard of this but eating WHATEVER you want sounds blooming good to me! Lol x

It IS blooming good! It's a book called 'I can make you thin' by Paul Mckenna and basically it's a cd that you listen to (gentle hypnotherapy) and just read the book. If you get the big book it also has a journal in it for you to keep track. For me I think it's going to be the best thing as it's actual brain training and telling yourself that you're not on a diet, and that you can eat what everyone else can eat and have the self control to stop when you're full (which is basically what big people don't know how to do!!) His point is that skinny people are skinny because they know when to stop. That's all you have to teach yourself. And because you can have what you want when you want, it's not like a panic of "ooh I'll just eat everything cos I start a diet tomorrow" because you KNOW that you can have whatever you fancy!!!

I lost about half a stone on it in a month and I was eating all sorts! I just didn't eat much of it because I did what he tells you to do and stopped when I was full. Even got down to 1 slice of toast in the morning because when I really listened to my body, I didn't need to eat 2 slices! It's brilliant but too slow for me for weight loss, that's why I think it will be good to do after I get to goal and once I've gained the initial 7lbs which they say you sometimes do, will lose that and maintain with Paul!!! lol I would really recommend it.

Anway, that's my 'selling' over! lol xx

Quak has, I will point her to this thread, but do know she uses exante still to knock a few stray lbs off every now and then! ;)

Hello Folks :D
I have been maintaining on Atkins mainly, every so often I have a couple of weeks back on TS - just have had after my holidays (put 14 lbs on in 2 weeks but it was all inclusive and I drank my body weight in cava on a daily basis lol) and have lost 9lbs in 9 days.

I was doing really well with the maintenance up till early this year when I lost my Dad to cancer and then a close friend just 3 weeks later and my weight has gone up a bit since then, I am probably 1.5 stones above where I want to be currently. I do want to get back on top of it and I think that is the secret to it, don't let it get too far out of reach.

If you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to answer them. Good luck all of you xxx

Hi Bren :)

Thanks so much for your post. Well done you've done fantastically well! It's really motivating to know that you can maintain afterwards. My thoughts were to always use exante if ever I get a little above where I want to be after I reach goal so it's good to know that it's realistic to do that.

I think that even though weight gain is probably definite once exante is finished, to know it can also come off so quickly is reassuring.

Thanks for taking the time to post and help out us newbies!!! I'm sure everyone else feels the same :)

x

And very good advice it is too! :D I don't intend on letting ANYTHING settle for too long! I will enjoy myself as and when I need to and sort it out as and when I need to! lol :D

Hello Folks :D
I have been maintaining on Atkins mainly, every so often I have a couple of weeks back on TS - just have had after my holidays (put 14 lbs on in 2 weeks but it was all inclusive and I drank my body weight in cava on a daily basis lol) and have lost 9lbs in 9 days.

I was doing really well with the maintenance up till early this year when I lost my Dad to cancer and then a close friend just 3 weeks later and my weight has gone up a bit since then, I am probably 1.5 stones above where I want to be currently. I do want to get back on top of it and I think that is the secret to it, don't let it get too far out of reach.

If you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to answer them. Good luck all of you xxx

I totally understand. I'd kept ten stones off for nearly 13 years. Then last October my dear Father died. My brother is very very ill, too. Cancer in both cases - including two different types of Leukaemia and one other cancer - each.

This has weakened my resolve too but I am still clawing my way back. I have regained about the same as you, Bren, but I am in the process of losing it again xx

ps - how you all stick to a VLCD, and no other food, I will never know! well done lol x

I totally understand. I'd kept ten stones off for nearly 13 years. Then last October my dear Father died. My brother is very very ill, too. Cancer in both cases - including two different types of Leukaemia and one other cancer - each.

This has weakened my resolve too but I am still clawing my way back. I have regained about the same as you, Bren, but I am in the process of losing it again xx

ps - how you all stick to a VLCD, and no other food, I will never know! well done lol x

Hi Girlygirl,

Firstly, sorry to hear about the unfortunate events and well done for sort of keeping on top of your weight!!! 13 years is a hell of a long time..too long to just put it all back on again :)

I'm not sure about everyone else but my personal reason for being able to do a vlcd is because I know it's only for the next 16 weeks until I get married! lol If I thought I was going to be on it for a year or more I probably wouldn't be able to do it. It's really difficult but I've been big for most of my adult life and the ONE time I don't want to be big is when I get married. :)

I hope you manage to keep on top of it all anyway. I'm sure you will if you've kept iot off for this long, despite the different situations you find yourself in. :D xxx

Such loss and heartache is always going to be a big challenge no matter how long it has been, glad you are tackling it before it gets away from you, good luck with getting back to where you want to be :hug99: xx

I am maintaining, for about 6 weeks now, and very happy about it. I remained on the weight I had when I finished it, although I did not go through special restrictions :ashamed0005: I wanted to initially, but I couldn't make up my mind which (low cal, low carb, both etc) so eventually I just went normal. The only thing I did extra is a little more exercise, and perhaps a bit more responsible in adding extra-meals here and there. I am very surprised that is going so well, because for me all the diets so far were just playing yo-yo with my weight, so I am very impressed with this one. Perhaps because I was always sticking to them for 2-3 weeks at most, while on Exante I stayed for 5 weeks..

Good luck everyone.

Back