Anyone 12 stones to 11 stones

I can remember a few years ago weighing 10st 10lbs and a friend of mine weighed exactly the same and is exactly the same height, yet I was still a size 16 and she was an enviable size 10!! How jealous was I lol? I suppose it's all about how toned you are and I'm obviously not.

Im more bothered about size, i wanna b a small 12 with flat stomach but my doc says i av to get my bmi doen cos its 31 :-(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sII using MiniMins. **** 11lbs gone 55 to go!!!! ****

Atm it depends where i shop as to what size i am. For instance, i buy jeans at sainsburys (cheaper stuff as i hope to syill be losing) and i recall a 20 digging in really bad when i was at 17st 9lbs but my currdnt weight now is 12st 9lbs and i wear a size 10 from there. I don't think i look like a size 10, more a 12/14 or even a 14/16 in my own head, i have to try clothes on now as what i think i see and the reality of clothes sizing are 2 different things. I buy a 12 or 14 bottoms at tesco, 14 in primark, and generally a 12 top everywhere i go. But i think if i didn't have the issue of loose skin i'd be about a definate 12 on the bottom. I am always amazed by how two people can be the same weight yet completely different sizes. My lowest (eating disorder weight) was 9st 4lbs. I looked ill. Bought clothes from new look 915 range or a size 6. But i have stupidly long legs with a 32/33 inch
Inside leg so always have issues with legs on jeans and stuff. I've lost me bum, i knoe this coz i can feel my coxxyx (sp!) bone dig in the bath when i sit up. But to me, in my own head i def am bigger that what others see me as.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

dreamslim said:
I have just discovered a dilemma.......as an avid welsh rugby fan I own several shirts but these shirts are feeling a little more loose even after only losing 10lbs so in theory by the time of the world cup in October (when I'll hopefully be near enough at target) my shirts are going to be like dresses on me - no rugby shirts during the world cup :-0
(nice dilemma to have though. Lol.)

Knew I liked you ;) welsh rugby fan, result. Though also a big Exeter chiefs supporter, when one of our lads got selected to play for England recently and scored a try, wow did I cheer the loudest lol

Wow, you guys have been busy, just catching up lol. I am 5 ft 7, and my target is set ATM to 11, as everyone has been saying, it depends on how you feel in yourself that's most important. Will see how I feel when I get there :) I am currently wearing a 14 16 bottoms, and 14 top. Though I might well try sainsburys jeans, if I could get in a 12 I would skip from the store lol

Trango said:
Knew I liked you ;) welsh rugby fan, result. Though also a big Exeter chiefs supporter, when one of our lads got selected to play for England recently and scored a try, wow did I cheer the loudest lol

Haha, I'll let you off that one I guess. Haha. I do love my rugby, gets a bit obsessive sometimes but they're my boys so they deserve it :-D
I'm a cardiff blues fan as well, we played you a couple of times last season I seem to recall.

. . . I am always amazed by how two people can be the same weight yet completely different sizes. My lowest (eating disorder weight) was 9st 4lbs. I looked ill. Bought clothes from new look 915 range or a size 6.
. . . But i have stupidly long legs with a 32/33 inch inside leg so always have issues with legs on jeans and stuff.
You lucky girl! I'm one of the "short fat hairy leg" variety (to quote Morecombe & Wise) and always have to take jeans up!

Thats quite bizarre

I am obviously 12 stone being in this thread lol but I'm a 14 when i was 11 stone last time i lost weight i was a 10-12 and at 9st 7 i was a 10-8

Wow, you guys have been busy, just catching up lol. I am 5 ft 7, and my target is set ATM to 11, as everyone has been saying, it depends on how you feel in yourself that's most important. Will see how I feel when I get there :) I am currently wearing a 14 16 bottoms, and 14 top. Though I might well try sainsburys jeans, if I could get in a 12 I would skip from the store lol
Well - I'm 5'7" too and only 2lbs different from Louisa's weight. Size 16 top but bum is a problem. 18's too big but 16's still a bit of a squeeze (apart from 1 pair of stretchy denim jeans).

My lowest adult weight was 9 st 5 lbs (aged 20) when I was a Large 12 (but still a 14 bottom)!! I had dieted like mad to get into my wedding dress. My "happy weight" is between 10 st 7 lbs and 11 st when I take a 14 top and 16 bottom and I'm okay with this.

I'm dieting to be healthier - don't care too much about either weight or size. My birthday is in mid-August and this year I'll be nearer 60 than 50 and my arthritis was getting really painful (it's one of the reasons we moved here).

Height/Weight/Size always baffles me too. We are all SOOOOO different.
I think I should have been 3" taller - in fact I think I'm just under-height rather than over-weight. LOL

I'm heading for a BMI of 26 ish - so a tad under 12 st. I think if I go any lower than this I will look "scraggy" and at my age no a pretty sight imho.
Also got lots of lose skin on my bingo wings and I don't want it to get any worse, can't afford (and don't want) surgery

I am definetly just undertall too. I just want a flat tummy just for a week before i get pregnant (we av been trying 10 months) n i wanna b one of those woman that looks ace when she is pregnant not one that u cant decide whether they r fat or pregnant x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sII using MiniMins. **** 11lbs gone 55 to go!!!! ****

Well I'm 12st 11lb, 5ft 8'' tall and have just got into 12 top and bottom from matalan, 14 bottom from tesco. I thought it was a fluke and got a nice pair of size 12 miss selfridge jeans in the charity shop and they're about an inch away from zipping up. I didn't really believe it til then I thought maybe the matalan jeans had the wrong label in!!

I do think clothes sizing has changed as I'm sure I was smaller than this last time I was a 12.

Last edited:
dreamslim said:
Haha, I'll let you off that one I guess. Haha. I do love my rugby, gets a bit obsessive sometimes but they're my boys so they deserve it :-D
I'm a cardiff blues fan as well, we played you a couple of times last season I seem to recall.

Sure did, it was great seeing the blues boys upstairs with the chiefs after the match and I love the pink strip lol.
Btw, my brothers nephew has just been signed by the blues as hooker :d how cool is that :)

I do think clothes sizing has changed as I'm sure I was smaller than this last time I was a 12.
They certainly have. A size 12 NOW is equivalent to at least a size 14 of 20 years ago. It's called "vanity sizing". All the clothes manufacturers do it to make us think we are smaller than we actually are!

I had a rant about this on another thread and I posted the following:

When I was a size 14 in the 1970's, a size 14 was 36" bust, 26" waist and 38" hips. Nowadays, it seems the average size 14 has "grown" by at least 2" to 38" bust, 30" waist and 40-41" hips.

There's actually a very interesting blog here about "vanity sizing" - which is what this is all about!
What Dress Size or Waist Size Am I Really ? » Rod Collins
And this was written over 3 years ago so heaven knows how big sizes now are!

Hi everyone, I have just started sw and absolutely loving it so far. I am aiming to get into the 11's. My current weight is 12st 13lbs. Managed to get into the 12's this week. Fingers crossed I say there;)
Taking this in baby steps and even if I only manage to lose 1lb per week I'll be happy. My 5% goal is 12st 4lbs, so that is what I am aiming for first.

Sorry but i've been invited to a grown up party wooooooooo! (i don't get out much!lol) just getting ready and i got heels on! And i can walk in them :)))

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

I didnt add my clothes size - im in a size 16 jeans from Peacocks but they are getting a bit baggy and top half is an 18. As I said im broad shouldered (which I hate) so I dont think i'll ever shrink much :(

omg Trango not a cheifs fan my familys huge cheifs fans (dad, grandad, uncle and brother, who is a steward for them) and on a sunday its all about the cheifs they go to a match then if its televised sky plus put it on dvd will watch it sunday too lol

Size changes are so odd and the coxex (sp) when i lost weight lasttime when i got to 11 stone owch! it was painful sitting down for too long

Sure did, it was great seeing the blues boys upstairs with the chiefs after the match and I love the pink strip lol.
Btw, my brothers nephew has just been signed by the blues as hooker :d how cool is that :)

wow, that's awesome, will have to look out for him, what's his name? I'm a season ticket holder so will start getting them cheering for him, haha. Casey Laulala has his own song so it's only fair I try and get something started for him!!!
I loooooooooooove the pink strip, I, of course, have it, looking forward to it becoming a dress on me.
I currently own 4 blues shirts and 4 welsh shirts (but 2 of the welsh shirts are a good few years old now and I tend to just wear them as comfy house clothes) the material's much nicer on them these days so long may the newer ones last, at least long enough to be too big for me.

Hey ladies, been a few days! Seem to be livinv at work and its shown on scales only half pound this week. How did you all get on?i loce how in one shpp can be one size and cant even get zip done in another never mind the button!

Well we went to a friends BBQ last night, traditionally lots of drinks flowing and loads of food. As we have 5 in our family to feed, I offered to take a sw chilli in a massive pot, so therefore I knew I would have plenty to eat lol. Avoided all the French stick, crisps and booze and concentrated instead on lots of deep and meaningful conversation lol. Does talking count as body magic hehe, if so I got my gold award last night :)

Back