Anyone 12 stones to 11 stones

What like.... Nothing at all? o_O

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011* and a total of 6st since the birth of my youngest, Oakley Storm :)

No, seriously, I kinda used to try and use them as a 'get out of eating crap free' card but they honestly completely stopped working, no need for new enamel, lets put it that way!

Well, after much deliberation, I decided I've lost 2.5lbs this week. I should probably explain...

Basically, I weighed myself and scales said STS. I frowned, let them zero and then got back on them again- that gave me the -2.5lb reading.
Now the reason for this, I think, is that my scales are tucked away, upright, during the week, and when I want to weigh I have to put them on the wooden lid of the washing bin to get an accurate reading. When I bought the scales, it said that if you have to move the scales from one single spot, you should zero them first, then step on again to get an accurate reading.
That's what I did. I even tried shaking them about, getting back on, trying the reading then (STS) and then zeroing them (-2.5lbs). I then kept them flat and moved them to different places around the room, and in the next room, and the weight stayed at -2.5 at each place.
I think this sounds right though, what do you all think? I figure if I've zeroed them and got the same result in different places, then that should be ok?
When I explained the zeroing thing to my OH, he said: "Well if it's good enough for physicists, it should be good enough for you". Cos apparently, they zero their scales everytime to get an accurate reading for experiments etc.

Sorry that was rather ranty/rambly. Do I sound like a nutcase?

Clairebear xxx

Well I managed to lose 2 lbs this week, bringing me to 12.8, past my sticky weight, got my club 10, and 1 lb away from 1 1/2 st shiney!

Clairebear1000 said:
Well, after much deliberation, I decided I've lost 2.5lbs this week. I should probably explain...

Basically, I weighed myself and scales said STS. I frowned, let them zero and then got back on them again- that gave me the -2.5lb reading.
Now the reason for this, I think, is that my scales are tucked away, upright, during the week, and when I want to weigh I have to put them on the wooden lid of the washing bin to get an accurate reading. When I bought the scales, it said that if you have to move the scales from one single spot, you should zero them first, then step on again to get an accurate reading.
That's what I did. I even tried shaking them about, getting back on, trying the reading then (STS) and then zeroing them (-2.5lbs). I then kept them flat and moved them to different places around the room, and in the next room, and the weight stayed at -2.5 at each place.
I think this sounds right though, what do you all think? I figure if I've zeroed them and got the same result in different places, then that should be ok?
When I explained the zeroing thing to my OH, he said: "Well if it's good enough for physicists, it should be good enough for you". Cos apparently, they zero their scales everytime to get an accurate reading for experiments etc.

Sorry that was rather ranty/rambly. Do I sound like a nutcase?

Clairebear xxx

Not a nutter! I'm sure it was just a blip! I'd class it as -2.5 off if I were in your shoes XD

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

been weighed i lost a pound. not quite the 4 pound i was wanting to lose but i sabotaged myself at the weekend and had lots to drink and lots of very very naughty food for 2 days-oh and my 3 course meal last tuesday. so a pound was a good result i think. i also won a prize for eating the most speed foods in one week and i won a pack of the fridge magnets with meal ideas on-ive put them all on my fridge and am going to plan my meals from them when im stuck! my fridge looks very colourful now lol!!

Hello everyone, I've finally made it into this group having lost a further 3 1/2lbs this week. :D I am very happy to now be out of the 13 stone - it seemed to take forever!!! No doubt however I will be saying this again in a couple of months time!

Welcome to the 12s littlemeercat!

littlemeercat said:
Hello everyone, I've finally made it into this group having lost a further 3 1/2lbs this week. :D I am very happy to now be out of the 13 stone - it seemed to take forever!!! No doubt however I will be saying this again in a couple of months time!

Well done :D and welcome. I'm sure you'll be there before you know it ;) x

I really do love this thread! We chat about so much more than just SW and I have lots of little chuckles! Keep it up girlies!

I hate weeks when I'm missing a wi. I've already started the whole 'ah, I can go over my syns coz I'll just make it up over the next 2 weeks'. Went over Monday so intended to stay under yesterday to make up for it but ended up with 13 syns yesterday.
I'm at a meeting today and they are going to provide buffet lunch - the place they get it from is AMAZING!!!! And I'm already convincing myself that it's ok to have buffet lunch instead of stupid snack pot thingy. Grrrrrr

Slipping back with a 2lb gain to 12st 10 :( xx

Awww, lovehandles, back on the horse this week? Do you know why?

I decided against the old Buffett and went for a jacket potato with no butter and BBQ chicken from the cafe downstairs. Still syns in the BBQ chick but no where near as much as in the Buffet. Lol.

2lbs on. Mind is made up for a month of exante soon. I am quite peed that stuff that was free is now synned. The books are practically out of date as soon as they come out and i have lost motivation today. Dam i should have been born a rabbit. Then salad would be my fav! I do need a reason to find motivation again so think i will go to the exante side for a month, maybe two then maintain with sw as my lifestyle choice. Doesn't help that one is having a rather fat and porky day....

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011* and a total of 6st since the birth of my youngest, Oakley Storm :)

Awww... never mind Tinkerbellarella and Lovehandles - looks like I shall be joining you in despair this week :cry:

I lost 2.5lbs last week but it looks like most of it went back on during the weekend away in Hull :( What makes it worse is that I steered clear of booze all weekend and tried to be sensible with food and STILL managed to put 2lbs on according to the scales this morning :eek:

Unless some miracle happens between now and Friday morning - am back where I started a fortnight ago :break_diet:

2lbs on. Mind is made up for a month of exante soon.
Annika - so sorry you've put on.
Please think really carefully about doing Exante or any othe VLCD shakes diet.
I have made friends with so many ex CDers who are now doing SW because their heads got so screwed up by CD.

You have lost a lot of weight very quickly and you are so close to target. If you can, just sit and have a good think about what you you have achieved so far and how good that feels. Doing it slowly is so much better for your body and mind.

Please feel free to ignore the ramblings of an old fart - but do have a good think again. Please?

Tinkerbellarella - I can read how despondent you are, but look how far you've come... you've done tremendously well, and so quickly too, I can't congratulate you enough.......
You know in your heart of hearts that you'll get there, you also know that the final run to target is less of a run (your weight loss has been a flipping sprint ) and more of a skip & a jog, a little tumble, a dust yourself down, and another little walk...You will get there, so what if it takes you a little longer than you want...I just don't want you to undo all of the hard work you've put in, which, I' would hate to see if you change the rules now.

I know, who am I ?? no one really, I've not even got very far in my own loss, but I know how much it means, how much effort you've put in, and how far you've come

I'm sure you've thought about it.... I'm sure you'll do what's right for you. x

Well controlled :)

Do you think? I hope so. Problem is, as I mentioned earlier, I'm not weighing on mon so I think my brain is in 'off plan' mode but I don't want it to be. Next week will be hard with being on a kids camp and having little control over food so I don't need to be fighting a losing battle after this week as well.

Back