Anyone 12 stones to 11 stones

Do any of you find you loose better on one type of day? I tend to lose on red days well but green slow me down which is such a shame because I was loving having big piles of lovely pasta and jackets and beans. Looks like its going to be 5 red days a 2 greens a week. be interested to know the general opinion? xx

I start the working week on green and continue up to wednesday, usually weigh the heaviest by then. Follow up with a couple of red days and by saturday I find a loss over the week, usually a pound. I am at target so it really slowed up over the last month. Another thing I found out from my sons nutritionist at his rugby club is that quality carbs will help cells hold more fluid , especially after they have been depleted, think of body builders avoiding carbs in run up to competition week then carb loading the day or two before. This helps to give the definition they want, for the rugby player it helps with hydration. Maybe this accounts for slower loss on green days, but even if you do red days your cells will soak up fluids when you eat carbs again? Seems a mix is the way forward.

I've stuck with EE since I started. My feeling is that I want to have something to play around with for when my loss slows down and I plateau. Once it comes to this point, I can try red/green for a bit to see if it makes a difference. That's why I'm also trying to have all my syns if I can at the moment, again so I have something to play around with later!

Watching biggest loser from tues night. Is it bad that all that junk food looks so good (apart from the apple pie and cheddar cheese, yuk!) but especially the bacon double cheeseburger which was 1760 calories. Lol.
Might have to make some sw 'junk' food for my tea now. Hahaha.

Do any of you find you loose better on one type of day? I tend to lose on red days well but green slow me down which is such a shame because I was loving having big piles of lovely pasta and jackets and beans. Looks like its going to be 5 red days a 2 greens a week. be interested to know the general opinion? xx
Me to a T!!!! I don't lose on anything but red so have at least 4, preferably 5, a week, the rest green with the very occasional EE day thrown in if i'm going out for a meal with friends.

Quins - its good to see what you've written as carbs really make me bloat and retain water and gain. In fact, I've literally just written this on the tortoise thread.

There may be something though that is causing you to bloat hun and not lose weight. With me it's processed carbs so I really can't eat pasta, bread etc etc but I'm okay with spuds and rice.

Nice to know my theory is right!

I do EE & love it but I have had quite a few weeks of half pound losses so I'm going to throw in a few red days next week to see if it boosts my loss.

The only thing I'm worried about is the cost of it. I'm watching every penny & am worried that a lot of fish & meat will be very expensive. How do people find it?

I find it expensive to eat a varied healthy diet. Even more expensive with 3 fridge door swinging monkeys at home. 2 of them are top athletes and don't blink at eating a pack of m&s jumbo drumsticks and a whole bunch of grapes. I find seafood sticks and liver good cheaper foods for red days. Chicken breast kebabs, extra or lean steak mince for chilli or fakeaway doner etc. Then add fruit bill on top, my monkeys also steam through bunches of bananas! Whey protein drinks as well.

Emmou said:
I do EE & love it but I have had quite a few weeks of half pound losses so I'm going to throw in a few red days next week to see if it boosts my loss.

The only thing I'm worried about is the cost of it. I'm watching every penny & am worried that a lot of fish & meat will be very expensive. How do people find it?

I go to Lidl and buy a frozen bag of cod fillets, wait till salmon/ chicken / lean steak are on offer in Sainsburys. I cannot do many meat days at all at the moment,but my freezer has stuff for when I crave meat or fish. I've list 4 Stone 2 1/2 mainly green,some red and some EE days. I use the market now for fruit and veg weekly,it's saved me a fortune. I also look for reduced lean pork/ beef ,chicken livers then make a massive pot if traditional Ragu, it makes between 14/16 portions for the freezer.

Yes - SW ain't a cheap menu to follow.

Kidney is also very cheap and I can send you some lovely recipes if you'd like them as I adore kidney.

I wrote a long ramble on this a while back - it's on my thread here
http://www.minimins.com/3566425-post82.html

But the hilights are:

Bulk out your mince in spag bol with grated carrot (80g mince to 40g carrot). It also makes it a green day spag bol. Perfect!

Shop in the supermarkets at the end of the day - you can get some fantastic bargains on meat with a sell-by date of same day. As long as you cook it next day it will be fine.

Do you have a local butchers? Try them out - you might be pleasantly surprised as they often have some great bargains so as to compete with the big boys.

Buy your fruit and veg from a market - it's usually cheaper than the big supermarkets. Having worked in Geest for a while and seen how it gets allocated there is absolutely nothing wrong with market veg. It is just usually the wrong shape or size for the big boys to accept!

Yes - SW ain't a cheap menu to follow.

Kidney is also very cheap and I can send you some lovely recipes if you'd like them as I adore kidney.

I wrote a long ramble on this a while back - it's on my thread here
http://www.minimins.com/3566425-post82.html

But the hilights are:

Bulk out your mince in spag bol with grated carrot (80g mince to 40g carrot). It also makes it a green day spag bol. Perfect!

Shop in the supermarkets at the end of the day - you can get some fantastic bargains on meat with a sell-by date of same day. As long as you cook it next day it will be fine.

Do you have a local butchers? Try them out - you might be pleasantly surprised as they often have some great bargains so as to compete with the big boys.

Buy your fruit and veg from a market - it's usually cheaper than the big supermarkets. Having worked in Geest for a while and seen how it gets allocated there is absolutely nothing wrong with market veg. It is just usually the wrong shape or size for the big boys to accept!

Fab tips, thanks for these!

Hi guys
I have lost 2.5lbs tonight taking me down to 12st 12.5lbs and giving me my 2stone award yay:) is it ok if I join you in here for a while???
Thank you,
Kate

Fudgie2012 said:
Hey sorry disappeared for a while there! :p Thanks for the welcome! :) I managed to get 5lb off in the first week but then had exams and was sick with a virus so i pretty much have it back on again! :p I was looking into Zumba in my area what is it like?? Oh dear the shred sounds tough! I purchased some kettlebells and have used them twice... I will however get using them now hopefully every second day at least!

Does the rumba class work

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ellierose988 said:
I've stuck with EE since I started. My feeling is that I want to have something to play around with for when my loss slows down and I plateau. Once it comes to this point, I can try red/green for a bit to see if it makes a difference. That's why I'm also trying to have all my syns if I can at the moment, again so I have something to play around with later!

That's a good idea, I do EE as I'm too lazy to read /weigh portions on red or green eg pasta on a red day. Also find it more realistic. However if I do plateau then this is a good option.

yey...another 2lbs for me and that makes my first stone, in just a calendar month ! Very happy as I know things will slow down from the bigger losses of the first couple of weeks, but its given me such a great headstart towards my target :-D

congrats everyone and welcome to all the new people since I was here last time xx

Officially in this group for now, weighed in on Thursday and was 4lb lighter :) would have been happy with 1lb as need that to take me into this group so V.CHUFFED with myself!!!

Wk 1: = 2.5lb :)
Wk 2: = 1.5lb :(
Wk 3: = 4.0lb !! :D
Total: = 8lb lost

Currently 12st 10lb want to get to 10st for my birthday in May but first club 10 which is just over a stone more to lose .

ScarlettStar86 said:
I lost 4 pounds in my first week then maintained 2nd week. The bloating is better today so hopefully its passed for this week. I am still keeping food diaries so I will check what I eat in the run up to this happening. You could be right about an intolerance, although only thing I seem to be eating more of is fruit! Thanks for your ideas though, not easy to stap back and look at what it could be when you're feeling crap! X

Sorry to reply to this older post so late as I see you lost 1lb this week (Well done!) wanted to add to all the other comments that if your doing EE make sure you have that 1/3 of Sfree as that's really important! Also as a guide try to have a orange ore grapefruit after every meal .
And have you heard of the scan bran challenge? 5sb every day for a week, I am trying it now so will keep you posted seems to be working - I know that scan bran is an acquired taste but in the evening I have a plate with 5sb 4 laughing cow light 5/6 strawberries and sweetener I spread the cheese on the sb chop strawberries place on top and sprinkle with sweetener and it's a great nighttime snack. If I am really peckish I have a mug of Chicken bovril first.

My poison is Gin and tonic I buy the pre mixed slimline cans by schwepps (or Asdas cheaper version if doing a big shop) not sure what day you WI but I'm Thursday so will treat myself to a few on the weekend and Monday to Thursday I resort to drinking schwepps on its own (sometimes I think I can still taste the gin!) :D

Keep going though this is your journey and I know we will all get to our goals but at different paces and through different paths ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Pommette & bunnyluah for your very helpful tips, I shall def try those.

I don't have a freezer which is a bit of a pain as taking advantage of bulk buys is not always possible (unless I eat the same things for 5 days running!) . I shall def be searching for a butchers & popping into Lidl.

I have recently started to get my fruit from a market stall which is so much cheaper! I'll have a look around for vege stalls as well.

I hope everyone has had lovely weekends!

Em x

Back