Anyone 12 stones to 11 stones

I'm really trying hard for 2lbs this week, as i need 1.5 to get 1.5stone, but 2lbs would keep me on track for losing 10lbs in October. Need to seriously UP the superfree's I think, and keep up with massive fluid intake!!

12st3.5lbs at the min, and dying to get into the 11s soon!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What do you guys think of drinking lots of water (more than you think is physically possible)? Do you think it helps or hinders weight loss? And I don't mean cos it bloats your stomach, actually help speed up the breaking down of fat... I'm curious about your views. Linds x

Miss Lindsay said:
What do you guys think of drinking lots of water (more than you think is physically possible)? Do you think it helps or hinders weight loss? And I don't mean cos it bloats your stomach, actually help speed up the breaking down of fat... I'm curious about your views. Linds x

Lots of water (as in 4-5 litres a day) is ok if you drink it spaced out over the whole day, but 'more than you think is physically possible' is dangerous. Your kidneys can process about three quarters of a litre an hour. Any more could over work them, and extreme amounts more can kill. I doubt you meant standing at the sink and guzzling all day, but just wanted to make sure you knew that too much of a 'good thing' can actually turn into a bad thing. Xx

Haha sorry sammy, guess I didn't explain my self very well! I meant... they say 8 glasses but I always drink more, especially in work as its a hot office and I talk to a lot of people as part of my job.... And I like a chat haha I heard drinking water helps break down fat in the body but I'm always curious as to when healthy becomes just extra weight you carry around, as I know 1lt weighs about 1lb in yours system - or so my C once said x

YAY weighed in at 12st 3lbs yesterday, just 3 more lbs to get into the 11s :D :D :D

Miss Lindsay said:
Haha sorry sammy, guess I didn't explain my self very well! I meant... they say 8 glasses but I always drink more, especially in work as its a hot office and I talk to a lot of people as part of my job.... And I like a chat haha I heard drinking water helps break down fat in the body but I'm always curious as to when healthy becomes just extra weight you carry around, as I know 1lt weighs about 1lb in yours system - or so my C once said x

Haha ok good to know you didn't mean guzzling as much as you could! Water shouldn't really become extra weight really unless you're retaining it, and you normally only retain it if you're dehydrated, so if you're drinking steadily throughout the day and not giving yourself chance to dehydrate then I think you should be fine and that you shouldn't suffer any 'weight gain' from the water you drink. If you're ever worried about it causing you to show a gain on the scales you could always just not have a drink for the hour or so leading up to weigh in. I've seen on shows like 'the biggest loser' where contestants have thrown the weigh in by drinking loads of water, but I think that they would have had to drink a good few litres all at once immediately before the weigh in and not go to the toilet for it to actually show on the scales. If you're anything like me though then you probably go to the loo anyway before weigh in, the way I see it, every little helps! Lol! Xx

Any of you have/had trouble getting half stone? I need to lose a tiny bit to get half stone but been 12.6 for a month now

sammyb1985 said:
Haha ok good to know you didn't mean guzzling as much as you could! Water shouldn't really become extra weight really unless you're retaining it, and you normally only retain it if you're dehydrated, so if you're drinking steadily throughout the day and not giving yourself chance to dehydrate then I think you should be fine and that you shouldn't suffer any 'weight gain' from the water you drink. If you're ever worried about it causing you to show a gain on the scales you could always just not have a drink for the hour or so leading up to weigh in. I've seen on shows like 'the biggest loser' where contestants have thrown the weigh in by drinking loads of water, but I think that they would have had to drink a good few litres all at once immediately before the weigh in and not go to the toilet for it to actually show on the scales. If you're anything like me though then you probably go to the loo anyway before weigh in, the way I see it, every little helps! Lol! Xx

Go for a wee... Take jewellery off.., cut my nails, take my hair bobble out hahaha I am joking! ;) thanks for that advice, it's appreciated x

glitter99x said:
Any of you have/had trouble getting half stone? I need to lose a tiny bit to get half stone but been 12.6 for a month now

I've been around 12.6 for weeks as well ... It's so annoying when you really try!! Good luck on getting passed it... Let's give a big push till next week and together we will make that blinking scale change!! :) x

I am desperate to get into the 11s, got 4lbs to go until I get there, and would love to do it in the next two weeks. Really trying hard and sticking to the rules, would like 2lbs off this week for sure! Fingers crossed!! Xxx

camz said:
I am desperate to get into the 11s, got 4lbs to go until I get there, and would love to do it in the next two weeks. Really trying hard and sticking to the rules, would like 2lbs off this week for sure! Fingers crossed!! Xxx

Hope u get it. It will happen, fingers crossed for u :) if I lose 2lb I'm in the 11s, I'm hoping for this week but I have a night out 2night so I'm not holding my breath x

Stickivix said:
Hope u get it. It will happen, fingers crossed for u :) if I lose 2lb I'm in the 11s, I'm hoping for this week but I have a night out 2night so I'm not holding my breath x

Ooh lets go for it this week Hun, by Tuesday I want to be 2lbs lighter xxx

I FINALLY hit my stone and a half award :) it's only been since jan! Lol I'm a very slow loser due to hypothyroidism so I'm so please! And after months of nagging my bf has been doing slimming world with me and he has lost just over 7lb in 3 weeks! So very proud of him :) yeah!! 11's by Christmas so 5 1/2 lb to go!!

Miss Lindsay said:
I've been around 12.6 for weeks as well ... It's so annoying when you really try!! Good luck on getting passed it... Let's give a big push till next week and together we will make that blinking scale change!! :) x

So happy in not the only one struggling! Lets do it if one of us succeeds then it is possible lol

Miss Lindsay said:
I FINALLY hit my stone and a half award :) it's only been since jan! Lol I'm a very slow loser due to hypothyroidism so I'm so please! And after months of nagging my bf has been doing slimming world with me and he has lost just over 7lb in 3 weeks! So very proud of him :) yeah!! 11's by Christmas so 5 1/2 lb to go!!

Congrats ^^

kellythepeg said:
Hello ladies!!

Sorry to just barge in here but am desperately looking for a little friendly advice!....I am taking the plunge once again... (as of yesterday! have been calorie counting since January 2012 and lost just over 2 stone but following Slimming World for a short time in 2010).

I don't really have a lot of spare cash at the moment/ever so am going to attempt to do it from home but if I find that in a couple of weeks time that I am struggling, I may have to have a little rethink!!

I've laid out a little week's meal plan (please see below) and a shopping list which I bought last night - would love any feedback re my choices....I've never done Extra Easy before so hoping I've got the jist of it?? Please please do feel free to point out any rookie mistakes that I may be making :) (please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I've not added many syns yet, obviously I'll try to avoid most but realise I have to have some - will keep track of those as I go along :) rather annoyingly I missed my regular CC Saturday weigh in this week so am going to weigh in tomorrow and use that as my SW start weight :) wooohoooooo!!!! :)

WEEK 1 MEAL PLAN:

Monday (do my food shop Monday night's so bare with me!)
B - Oatbran (made with water, sweetener and lemon juice) (HexB????)
L - (on the run) Morrocon Chicken Couscous Salad from Tesco (couscous, Moroccan flavour marinated chicken, chargrilled vegetables, roast butternut squash, chickpeas, mixed leaves, dried apricot, jumbo raisins, lettuce and sweet chilli dressing) with 2 x McCain Jacket Potatos with 2 x Babybel light (HexA), sliced apple and grapes
D - Sticky diet-coke sausages (Eat Smart, less than 3% fat) with wholegrain rice and mixed vegetables (1/3 Superfree)
S - none....yet!!

Tuesday
B - 2 x sliced of wholemeal toast (HexB) topped with sliced tomato (1/3 Superfree) and egg "mayo" (fat-free fromage frais)
L - Tuna, wholewheat pasta in (1/3 Superfree) sauce made with peppers, onion, carrot, mushrooms and tomatoes with peas
D - Cottage pie with mixed vegetables (1/3 Superfree)
S - Babybel light x 3 (HexA), 150g fat-free natural yoghurt mixed with 1 x options Belgian hot choc (2 syns), apples and grapes, cooked chicken, tomato and herb mugshot

Wednesday
B - 2 x slices wholemeal toast (HexB) topped with sliced tomato (1/3 Superfree) and baked beans
L - Homemade mini bacon, leek and Babybel light (HexA) quiches with salad (lettuce, tomato, red onion, apple, celery and fat-free fromage frais - 1/3 Superfree)
D - Sticky diet-coke sausages (Eat Smart, less than 3% fat) with wholegrain rice and mixed vegetables (1/3 Superfree)
S - 150g fat-free natural yoghurt mixed with 1 x options Belgian hot choc (2 syns), apples and grapes, cooked chicken, tomato and herb mugshot

Thursday
B - 2 x sliced of wholemeal toast (HexB) topped with sliced tomato (1/3 Superfree) and egg "mayo" (fat-free fromage frais)
L - Tuna, wholewheat pasta in (1/3 Superfree) sauce made with peppers, onion, carrot, mushrooms and tomatoes with peas
D - Cottage pie with mixed vegetables (1/3 Superfree)
S - Babybel light x 3 (HexA), 150g fat-free natural yoghurt mixed with 1 x options Belgian hot choc (2 syns), apples and grapes, cooked chicken, tomato and herb mugshot

Friday
B - 2 x slices wholemeal toast (HexB) topped with sliced tomato (1/3 Superfree) and baked beans
L - Homemade mini bacon and leek and Babybel light (HexA) quiches with salad (lettuce, tomato, red onion, apple, celery and fat-free fromage frais)
D - Out with friends - will update nearer the time!
S - 150g fat-free natural yoghurt mixed with 1 x options Belgian hot choc (2 syns), apples and grapes, cooked chicken, tomato and herb mugshot

Thoughts!? xxx would appreciate ANY help/hints/tips so so much xx

You could pay to go to the class for one week, so you get all your food lists, if you need a syn value for something or a sw recipe just type it in google, plus this website has lots of threads ( you probably know this but on Wednesday of your meal plan you would have to syn the sausages ).

6lb until the 11's but it seems slow going. 1lb off again. I did Success Express last week and lost the same as when I do green and red days. Ideally I'd like to lost 2lb a week.

ladybird777 said:
6lb until the 11's but it seems slow going. 1lb off again. I did Success Express last week and lost the same as when I do green and red days. Ideally I'd like to lost 2lb a week.

Have you tried extra easy? It's all I've ever done and I've lost 1stone 5.5lbs in 8 weeks, and I was always a 1lb a week kid of girl before! Xx

So near, yet so far.... Hopefully I'll be out of here next week...

lost 2.5 pounds - now 12 stone and half a pound.

Have a brilliant week you all.

Judith & PIckle the wonder dog

Back