Anyone 12 stones to 11 stones

The 1.5 I lost last week has found me again this week! sooooo annoyed! I did have a few drinks at the weekend but I do that most weekends.... Whats everyones view on exercising and slimming world, last week I went to the gym on mon and tues and swam on weds and thurs. This week I have done gym twice and swim once.... I do take measurements and I have lost 4.5 inches overall in a week but scales said I gained 1.5lb Its got me down a little bit tonight. (4.5 does sound alot but its from both arms, chest, waist, hips, both thighs and calf)

Hi Jeni, this is my take on exercise... There are as many different types of exercise regimes as there are diets. I suppose they all work in a fashion if you stick to them. But the exercises that you do might well develop muscle over a period of time if you are working anaerobic and very hard in short bursts or you might use a different energy system if you work aerobics for long slower periods. What gym work are you doing? Toning, weights or resistance work, (anaerobic)? Swimming, sprints ( anaerobic) or an hour slower continuos laps ( aerobic)? It sounds like a great combination, losing inches and gaining a couple of pounds sounds like a good trade. Stick with it and see what the results are like after 3 months.

I don't do any gym work anymore, I run when I take one of my kids to their swim club training 2 or 3 times a week, and cycle with a club (45-80 miles). I hit my target weight prior to this in April and have since dropped another half stone. The cycling really uses up a lot if energy. I didn't have those results with just the running.

Although I'm no expert, I have read up and looked into this sort with a lot of interest.m I have 3 very sporty kids, 2 compete at national and regional levels ( rugby and tetrathlon) and have done my share of taking part in a number of sports to a high level and coached. Just keep doing what you are doing, it obviously fits in and you can see visible, measured results.

Hi everyone! I've been trying to lose weight since 2011 and although I've managed to keep most of it off, I do keep yo-yoing about 7 lbs in the 12 stone category. I started SW again last Tuesday and would love some support to get me through to the 11's! When I weighed in last week I was 12 st 4lbs so we'll see what happens, I'm not holding out for a big loss, but something would be nice!

Hi everyone! I've been trying to lose weight since 2011 and although I've managed to keep most of it off, I do keep yo-yoing about 7 lbs in the 12 stone category. I started SW again last Tuesday and would love some support to get me through to the 11's! When I weighed in last week I was 12 st 4lbs so we'll see what happens, I'm not holding out for a big loss, but something would be nice!

Hi Ruby :),

Welcome to the 12's group. Hope you have a fab loss this week. Good luck.

Kay xx

Quins Thanks for that, I dont do massive amounts in the gym, usually 45 mins worth of heart pumping stuff including running, cross trainer, rowing, cycling. Then abit of resistant work. On swim days I do half a mile.

I suppose if parts of me are getting smaller eventually I will have to weigh less...right? Friday showed a 1lb loss so hopefully that will carry on.

Scales at the gym measure body fat too so I had a go last week (only for the body fat not weight - I always stick to what SW scales say) Im not obsessed honestly, im just really interested in how these things work....

Had rubbish month but now ready to take back control :) I now weigh 12.9 gutted as was 12.0 in early Aug I'm taking it slow so hopefully be in the 11s in 10 weeks any sooner will be a bonus I've also decided to start exercising walking mainly which I hope will help x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Ruby :),

Welcome to the 12's group. Hope you have a fab loss this week. Good luck.

Kay xx

Thanks Kay! I weighed in this afternoon and I've lost 4lbs this week! Dead on 12 stone so hopefully I can get into the 11's next week!

Wow well done! I'm 12st 4lbs at last weigh and would love a 4lb loss! Amazing well done!

Thank you! I figure as it's my first proper week on SW, it's mainly water weight that's gone. But I'm not going to argue with 4lbs off!

Thanks Kay! I weighed in this afternoon and I've lost 4lbs this week! Dead on 12 stone so hopefully I can get into the 11's next week!

Wow Ruby fab result ! Well done u ! :D Any hints or tips for the rest of us on what you did this week ? I would love a 4 lb loss :p .

Kay xx

Wow Ruby fab result ! Well done u ! :D Any hints or tips for the rest of us on what you did this week ? I would love a 4 lb loss :p .

Kay xx

I'm really not quite sure Kay! Just followed EE and made sure I had my superfree and kept under my syns! Also I mainly have soup for lunch and try to make it superfree if possible. Last week I had carrot and parsnip soup, this week I've got butternut squash in my soup maker.

I'm really not quite sure Kay! Just followed EE and made sure I had my superfree and kept under my syns! Also I mainly have soup for lunch and try to make it superfree if possible. Last week I had carrot and parsnip soup, this week I've got butternut squash in my soup maker.

Yep its the perfect weather for soup, I must get back on that :) . I must admit, I have not been eating too much superfree, I have my weigh in tomorrow, don't think I've lost too much this week. Anyway thanks for the tips and well done on your loss.

Kay xx

Hey...
Could I ask... when you said you have tried to keep under your syns, do you mean to try to keep under 15??

Hey...
Could I ask... when you said you have tried to keep under your syns, do you mean to try to keep under 15??

Yes, under 15. I think there was only 1 day last week that I actually went over 10.

im joining you at 12.12.
Started my journey August weighing 14.6.5 so really pleased with my loss to date:)
Good luck everyone x

Hi everyone, I STS this week :( so I am still 12,12 not going anywhere fast. I hope to have a better loss next week. Good luck everyone for this week ! :)

Kay xx

Hi guys,

I'm new around here! I've started SW this week and am at 12.5 stone at the moment.

My ideal weight is 10 stone although I've set my target as 10.5, I'll be happy if I can get to that! But my first mini target is to get into the 11s :)

Back