Anyone 20st plus

Hi everyone Not sure if this is the right forum for me or if I should be posting elsewhere but wondered if it was ok for me to join here (or is it for ladies only?) Started on SW 4 weeks ago ( doin it at home rather than group this time, mainly due to work commitments and now having 3 little'uns that wont sit through a group) doing ok so far lost 16 1/2lb but go so much father to go... first weighed in at 22st.5lb ( my god not revealed that to anyone yet!) Which is the heaviest ive been in my life but the good news is that im now that bit lighter than I was before :) feelig quite isolated this time though doing it alone. Actually done it before and lost 5st but since we had our kids ive piled it on and more so time for a good positive change ..looking forward to a slimmer future. Ste :)

Hello Ste,

There's no gender barriers here, just some great information and support. Given your flying start you might be able to teach us a few things :) Welcome!

No need to feel isolated now you've found us :) we're a friendly bunch x

hiya ste, welcome. Seems like a lovely bunch and I would love to have someone who has just started their weight loss journey to chat to. You are off to a flying start well done you!

Newbie joining the thread.

Currently 21st 4lb. The moment I decided to do something was seeing photos of myself with my son and thinking none of those can be printed off I look disgusting. He was born 12th Jan 2013 and over this last year I have gotten bigger and bigger, first goal is to lose the weight I put on since having him. I want to be healthy for him so that I am not embarrassed to take him swimming like I am now, so he does not get bullied at school (when he goes) for having a fat mam and to generally be healthy and more active so he has more fun.

I know its going to be hard, I will have ups and downs but I am determined!

You do sound determined! :) Well done on your loss this week and good luck for next week. xxxx

Hi everyone
Not sure if this is the right forum for me or if I should be posting elsewhere but wondered if it was ok for me to join here (or is it for ladies only?) Started on SW 4 weeks ago ( doin it at home rather than group this time, mainly due to work commitments and now having 3 little'uns that wont sit through a group) doing ok so far lost 16 1/2lb but go so much father to go... first weighed in at 22st.5lb ( my god not revealed that to anyone yet!) Which is the heaviest ive been in my life but the good news is that im now that bit lighter than I was before :) feelig quite isolated this time though doing it alone. Actually done it before and lost 5st but since we had our kids ive piled it on and more so time for a good positive change ..looking forward to a slimmer future. Ste :)

The more the merrier! :) Well done on saying the numbers 'out loud' (so to speak) you're doing really well, keep up the good work. xxxx

Hi everyone
Not sure if this is the right forum for me or if I should be posting elsewhere but wondered if it was ok for me to join here (or is it for ladies only?) Started on SW 4 weeks ago ( doin it at home rather than group this time, mainly due to work commitments and now having 3 little'uns that wont sit through a group) doing ok so far lost 16 1/2lb but go so much father to go... first weighed in at 22st.5lb ( my god not revealed that to anyone yet!) Which is the heaviest ive been in my life but the good news is that im now that bit lighter than I was before :) feelig quite isolated this time though doing it alone. Actually done it before and lost 5st but since we had our kids ive piled it on and more so time for a good positive change ..looking forward to a slimmer future. Ste :)

Hey Ste! Everyone is welcome here, including the blokes! You really should check out JMA's diary in the diary section, he was a big bloke too but has lost nearly 9 stone now! I know when I started I found reading his diary inspirational, but I guess for you it'd be nice to see weight loss from a guys perspective!

Good luck with your journey! x

Weigh in day number 9 for me today.... and it's 1 1/2lb gone! Not as great as previous weeks, but beats the 0 I lost last week!

That takes me up to 18 1/4lbs lost in 9 weeks... 21.2 3/4lb down to 19.12 1/2lb... I'll still post in here but I'm now off to introduce myself to the '19s' thread.. :)

First weigh in lost 4lb and its my * week so I am happy with that.

4lb - well done!! :)

Hi everyone

As everyone's said, the more the merrier - well done on your loss so far! :)

Hi peeps..

Im new to this lovely site, and in the 20 plus bracket, It is great to see a forum dedicated to this end of the scale, I truly believe we all understand syns and the plan but it takes others at your body weight to understand life as a 20 stone plus person.

I started my SW journey in AUG last year! I have hit my 1.5 award. This in my mind is far too slow and its hit and miss often but I feel the need to get really stuck into this, talk about it, look at the numbers over and over. I even joined my SW social team so I wont give up, I need focus so I am trying this also.

I wont be giving up this time like I have in the past with diets, this is a life plan, Im a food optimiser for life and I will be here to share my trials and triumphs with you all, or just ramblings. I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic just before christmas, so it is now starting to show its affects on me and it sickens me I have allowed my weight to affect my health so badly. I am also being x-rayed in a few weeks for arthritis in both feet and ankles and hands so my body will soon crumble with this weight.

Depressing sounding isnt it lol, doesnt have to be and I wont be allowing it to be, I have 3 young children and now determined as I turn 40 in june of this year, Life will indeed begin a 40.

Hi Mimi, welcome. :)

You're doing a great job (of course I'm going to say that, it's also taken me since last summer to lose a stone and a half... lol!) and remember that it's not a race, just as long as we manage to get there at some point, that's what's important. Sorry to hear about your health issues, that can't be easy, (good luck for the results of the x-rays) but well done on your super-positive attitude and good luck with the plan, I'm sure you're going to continue doing just fab. :) xxxx

Hi Mimi, welcome. :)

You're doing a great job (of course I'm going to say that, it's also taken me since last summer to lose a stone and a half... lol!) and remember that it's not a race, just as long as we manage to get there at some point, that's what's important. Sorry to hear about your health issues, that can't be easy, (good luck for the results of the x-rays) but well done on your super-positive attitude and good luck with the plan, I'm sure you're going to continue doing just fab. :) xxxx

Thanks hippopotamum...hopefully you will changing that to hippopotminimum in the future, like you said, we havelost which beats gaining, thanks for your kind words. I'll be sticking around also to see how others here are getting on as I'm sure I will be getting very interested in how everyone is doing over the coming weeks/ months and years, think I just found a comfy helpful spot I can be myself.

had to drive to Germany stay in a hotel, go to a show then drive back over the weekend and the plan got thrown out the window. So hard to eat healthy food from service stations!

Was straight back on the plan yesterday and having as few syns as possible before Wednesday weigh in! No chance of a loss so I will be happy with STS

Weigh in day - lost 8.1 lb!!! Cannot believe it - weighed myself 10 times moving the scales around to make sure it was right. I must have had a hell of a lot of retained water on my* week. Had a couple of days were I could just not stick to plan so had zero sins for 3 days and did some extra body magic. Hoping its not a fluke and I do not gain next week! Thats me moved from the 21st bracket to the 20s.

Weigh in day - lost 8.1 lb!!! Cannot believe it - weighed myself 10 times moving the scales around to make sure it was right. I must have had a hell of a lot of retained water on my* week. Had a couple of days were I could just not stick to plan so had zero sins for 3 days and did some extra body magic. Hoping its not a fluke and I do not gain next week! Thats me moved from the 21st bracket to the 20s.

That's fantastic! Well done on such a good loss. I wouldn't be surprised if a big chunk of that was water retention from *week and the days you couldn't be 100% on plan you must have made up for by having less syns on the other days. Keep up the good work hun xx

Cheers Scarlet - over the moon, know it will slow down now but it feels good to have a good start. Cannot weight till I have managed to lose a stone.

How is everyone else doing.

How are things tazzy? What day is wi day for you? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How are things tazzy? What day is wi day for you? X

Has a rubbish week two weeks back where I put 3lb on! But last week was 6 lb off so thats a 1 st 1.5 lb in 4 weeks which is amazing. Finally got the exercise bike built, first day doing 10 minutes nearly finished me off - two weeks later I am managing 20 minutes no problems so cycling 6 miles a night.

Cannot see any different to my body yet but with so much to lose I expect that is normal.

Going on holiday next week for 4 days - booked a country cottage so will be trying to stay on plan as much as possible. We have use of a swimming pool so will get some exercise in and some long walks in the country. It is weigh in day whilst I am away and I have not decided if I will take the scales with me or not :)

Just over 3lb away from the first target I set myself so hoping I reach this target soon, then I can get cracking to reach the next one. Wish I had done this diet years and years ago, it was always the thought of going to group that put me off but on line membership seems to be working. The plan as a whole is really making me look at food differently, thinking no I will not eat that it is a waste of syns. I have also noticed if I am stressed, annoyed, upset or having a rubbish day the first thing I think of is oh I will have xxxx that will make me feel better.

Need to try out some new recipes going to aim to try and make two new things a week.

How is everyone else doing? It has gone very quiet in here.

Sounds like you're doing all the right things. The cottage sounds nice where are you staying? We all have weeks where we gain or sts but to have lost that much in four weeks is a great achievement hun. There's a new book called fake aways that sw have just brought out and that might be worth a look for some inspiration but you'll find plenty of recipes on here or YouTube xx

Sounds like you're doing all the right things. The cottage sounds nice where are you staying? We all have weeks where we gain or sts but to have lost that much in four weeks is a great achievement hun. There's a new book called fake aways that sw have just brought out and that might be worth a look for some inspiration but you'll find plenty of recipes on here or YouTube xx

The cottage is near Alston in Cumbria - went shopping today and bought lots of meat, fat free yoghurt and so on to take with us.

Your right it will be best to look at it in 4 week blocks, will look for the fakeaway book, hubby is really missing his takeaways.

I think we all do when we're eating healthier there is always something we feel we can't have because it's naughty. Mine was KFC but I found an amazing recipe for a sw friendly version online and it tastes nearly as good as the real thing.

Have fun on your hols and good luck with your next wi x

cheers, might still log on to keep myself in the zone if I have connection on my phone :-D

Back