Anyone a Landlord ? or private renters...

Jess<3

Journey to 10 stone loss
Hello, looking for any other landlords on here? Im new to it an got a house to let. But dont know where to start as of documents to give them when move in etc?!

Or private renters, what information or docs were you given when moving in?

Thanks!!

I was given a rainforest worth of paperwork when I moved into my flat.

All the letting agency rules (haha what a joke that is) a full inventory of the flat, although its unfurnished it has white (well silver lol) goods and it had a brilliant list of every room, things like bathroom fittings, acknowledged a slight mark on the bedroom carpet etc.

I had to pay a months deposit which the agency hold

Be very very careful what agency you use, the one my flats through are a joke, theyre robbing my landlord every month with what they charge him, because despite the assurances etc they do absolutely sod all for the money

I rent and was given an assured shorthold Tenancy agreement and the deposit I paid is lodged with DPS(deposit protection service).
It says what the rent is a month,the term,the property,method of payment and how much the deposit was.And other things like whos responsible for repairs etc.

thank you for the reply

ok, yes i know to give tenant agreement. which is payment, how much when etc. an property address.

Did you get a check list or anything like that with the condition of the house. ie walls, carpets/floorings etc? Anything else of the sort? never realized how 'hard' complicated things could be lol. Does

I was given a rainforest worth of paperwork when I moved into my flat.

All the letting agency rules (haha what a joke that is) a full inventory of the flat, although its unfurnished it has white (well silver lol) goods and it had a brilliant list of every room, things like bathroom fittings, acknowledged a slight mark on the bedroom carpet etc.

I had to pay a months deposit which the agency hold

Be very very careful what agency you use, the one my flats through are a joke, theyre robbing my landlord every month with what they charge him, because despite the assurances etc they do absolutely sod all for the money

yeah im not wanting to use an agency thats why need to know/sort what to give when someone moves in... alot dont care who moves in, an they rob you aswell as us! i spoke with one agency. they want 1 month rent up first. then 20% on 1st lot of rent to sort paper work etc out then 15% each month from the rent! I may as well do papers myself. solicitor round corner to do agreement. then call husband for any problems/repairs/faults. x

Thats sounds more sensible. The agency I rent from is supposed to check the flat every 3 months, they havent been out once. I could have done anything to it for all they know.

A check list is a definite good idea. Keeps you both right :)

yeah dont want damage for them to turn around an say it was like that.... think i know whats needed now

I let through an agency but the owners live just up the street. I think they went through an agency so that if they're on holiday or something (they're retired/semi-retired and do go away quite a bit) we can get anything urgent fixed. But to save us all time and money if they're around we just sort out any repairs etc between ourselves, they have an odd jobs man etc. If he's good enough to do jobs on their own home I trust him to do them on ours too! We did get a ridiculously detailed inventory with every tiny defect marked on it. I know for a fact we spilled some balsamic vinegar on a beige carpet when we'd just moved in and that stuff just doesn't come out! So we'll pay for that at eventually! (which is fair enough!)

Back