Anyone active on here? :)

caramelcherry

I've been on a Harcombe/Paleo diet for around 3.5 months now and have lost a total of 2.5 stones. I can honestly say that I don't feel like I'm on a "diet". I am eating very rich foods and have generous portions.

After been on Lighterlife, Cambridge, WW, Atkins etc and this way of eating is a complete breeze. I'm surprised this thread/topic isn't more popular

I know! It's so quiet around here. There are other sites, such as marksdailyapple.com -but I used to love minimins when I was on Slimming World / when I was big into kettleworx...so I really miss the support from this forum.
Anyway, sounds like you're doing great! Wow! I haven't really dropped any pounds lately but I think there are differences to my body. That's good too, although it's hard to stop living and dying by the scales each day ;)

I read the posts - as I'm kind of drifting towards paleo - needing to get my head round all the info and then make the changes in my eating plan :)

hi im here , been on holiday , but eating primal all the way :0) although i have to say im sure the stella they served on the ship wasnt very paleo :0D xxx

exactly deezer :0)
its the first time ive been on board and never felt deprived or wanting with food , i cant believe ive lived 40 years not knowing about this . !!!!

Last edited:
I know! It's so quiet around here. There are other sites, such as marksdailyapple.com -but I used to love minimins when I was on Slimming World / when I was big into kettleworx...so I really miss the support from this forum.
Anyway, sounds like you're doing great! Wow! I haven't really dropped any pounds lately but I think there are differences to my body. That's good too, although it's hard to stop living and dying by the scales each day ;)

Sorry for the delay in response! I hadn't realised anyone had replied:eek: I check out marksdailyapple.com every now and again for interesting articles to read. I'm really used to this site also. When I was on Lighterlife back in the day, this was my go to place and needed support when I felt painfully starved. I lost 3 stones with Lighterlife but damn was it hard, and once I came off it the pounds started creeping back on. Moreso, then I started with beforehand.

Isn't Paleo great? I don't feel like I'm on a "diet" at all.

Have you tried adding the concept of Intermittent fasting (IF) to your routine? I started to stall and introduced this, and the pounds started dropping again

I'm still here.:)

It's quite because we know what we are doing and get on with it.We don't need to ask questions about points,syns or can I have, as our lists of can and cannot have is straight forward.:) Also for it to be active Paleo/Primal members need to post here.

Well done on your weight lost.:)

Good point, that is true! How great is it that we don't have to walk around with "syn points" in our head everytime we eat. This seems so more natural this way. Well done on your weightloss too :) How are you finding maintenance? are you doing anything different from before?

Last edited:
I read the posts - as I'm kind of drifting towards paleo - needing to get my head round all the info and then make the changes in my eating plan :)

I would definitely check out both Zoe Harcombe and Mark Sisson. They are my gurus for this new way of eating. If you want to know the science behind it, I would recommend Gary Taubes: Why We Get Fat and Dr John Briffa: Escape the Diet trap

I'm eating and exercising(well walking) the same as I was when I started Paleo back in April.
I have started doing sit-ups upto 20 a day now and I am trying to do press ups.Since I stopped working(use to be a Customer Assistant so lifted heavy boxes) and stopped Kettlebells my arms have gone weak.I'm going to start again with weights this week and hopefully by Xmas will be able to do some press ups.

As the weather isn't to good this time of year I need to do more indoor exercising.:)
My gym ball pump isn't working so need to buy a new one today if I can find any in town.:)

I'm not the greatest at exercise, I have to admit. I should follow your example! I travel quite far to get into work and have no time to exercise. With this in mind I try and get 8 hours of sleep a night. I could be brave and try running around the office in my lunch break (this is the norm at my work). Although I'm scared of looking like a prat! lol

Sorry for the delay in response! I hadn't realised anyone had replied:eek: I check out marksdailyapple.com every now and again for interesting articles to read. I'm really used to this site also. When I was on Lighterlife back in the day, this was my go to place and needed support when I felt painfully starved. I lost 3 stones with Lighterlife but damn was it hard, and once I came off it the pounds started creeping back on. Moreso, then I started with beforehand.

Isn't Paleo great? I don't feel like I'm on a "diet" at all.

Have you tried adding the concept of Intermittent fasting (IF) to your routine? I started to stall and introduced this, and the pounds started dropping again

Ooooh really..... could you tell me more about intermittant fasting please!!!
X

caramelcherry said:
I would definitely check out both Zoe Harcombe and Mark Sisson. They are my gurus for this new way of eating. If you want to know the science behind it, I would recommend Gary Taubes: Why We Get Fat and Dr John Briffa: Escape the Diet trap

Have read the bottom 2 Gary and John and have just started mark sisson's book

The fasting looks really interesting but i crossfit tues/wed/thurs/fri..... Not sure the down days would work while doing that!!! hmmmmm....

Back