Green Day Anyone any Veggie Burger recipes

vanilla_cupcake

Silver Member
Has anyone made any nice veggie burgers (WITHOUT QUORN :yuk:) I have a picture in my head of what I want them to look like but wouldn't have a clue where to start!

There is a lovely veggie burger recipe in this months SW mag. I tried them last week & were delicious. What sort of burger did you have in mind?

The Linda McCartney 1/4 pounder mozzarella burgers are really nice, 4syns each on EE or green

d14 said:
The Linda McCartney 1/4 pounder mozzarella burgers are really nice, 4syns each on EE or green

No I wouldn't buy ready made foods plus there's no way I'd waste 4 syns on one when I could possible make a freeish one myself :)

vanilla_cupcake said:
No I wouldn't buy ready made foods plus there's no way I'd waste 4 syns on one when I could possible make a freeish one myself :)

Well apologies for trying to help 8-|

Now now girls!
No fighting, just make the veggie burgers and tell us how good they are!take a picture for all to see, I for one want to se them and how good/bad they are, I have made them in the past and not over impressed to date........
Pete

bilsat said:
Now now girls!
No fighting, just make the veggie burgers and tell us how good they are!take a picture for all to see, I for one want to se them and how good/bad they are, I have made them in the past and not over impressed to date........
Pete

No fighting Pete just some people bein a bit touchy!! ;)

I'll maybe make them tomorrow, I always make new things on a Saturday when the husband is off work and able to look after the children and I'm able to have peace and quiet in the kitchen!! I'll let you know how they turn out! :)

I tried these and they are yummy. They don't stay together however so i think i did something wrong. But they are really tasty and if u break off bits and put in wholemeal roll they are delicious.

Hey Vanilla

I made some Mexican Vegetarian Burgers last week, I got five out of the below recipe, using 2 slices of 800g wholemeal bread (which came out roughly as 2.5 syns per burger - or you could use as half a HEB) and I also added peppers.

Mexican bean burgers with lime yogurt & salsa recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

I even made the lime yogurt with fat free Greek Yog, but I prefer using Lemons rather than limes. I also had a tin of kidney beans and a tin of mixed beans. They were nice and chunky and flavoursome, if a little dry and they broke up a little - I love a good veggie burger and try to emulate the Wimpy Bean Burger, but without fat, naughty ingredients etc, you are always going to run the risk of dry veggie burgers.

Oh and I had the trumps with them (TMI sorry!) owing to all the yummy bean action going on!

Charley xx

In the Extra Easy Summer days cook book there a recipe for carrot and coriander burgers and they look really lovely in the pic (I've not tried them yet, only bought the recipe book last week) ..if this sounds up ur street, let me know and I'll type the recipe up. :)

welshshopoholic said:
In the Extra Easy Summer days cook book there a recipe for carrot and coriander burgers and they look really lovely in the pic (I've not tried them yet, only bought the recipe book last week) ..if this sounds up ur street, let me know and I'll type the recipe up. :)

I have that book, must look through it and find them, thanks :)

Back