Anyone been on antibiotics whilst on lipotrim.

Mairead

Hi everyone,

I was all set to start lipotrim this week. All motivated after reading all your stories and seeing the slide show.
My only problem is I had a really sore throat for last four days and finally went to the doctor who says I have tonsilitis. Ive been put on antibiotics for a week and told by the pharmacist to wait at least a week before I start.:wave_cry:

I guess the only consiliation is that i have no appetite at the moment so have cut out carbs completely so im hoping this will make it easier when i start.

Any way keep up the good work everyone. :) Mairead.

I know people who have took them while doing LT have seen a lower weight loss. I would try and wait one more week then your 100% ready to go!

Good idea to cut your carbs it should help when you start lipotrim. XX

i would wait until you feel better to start LT! Its hard enough as it is in the first week and if your not well then you'll feel worse. hope you feel better soon x

Yes, I was before christmas, LT and antib's did not mix well for me, antib's never agree with me anyway, anyway, pharmasist put me on maintenance during that time, so yes prob best to wait til you are better xx

Hiya Hun,

I have had to start antibiotics today. (Getting Wisdom teeth out via hospital stay in 3wks and have an infection in one tooth - ouch!)

Told the Chemist im on LT, when i collected the prescription, and he said that because its tablet form, i should be ok and stay in Ketosis. (If its soluble, it will knock you out of Ketosis he said...)

He warned me that my weight loss could be slightly affected though this Thursday.....Im prepared to take that risk!! My tooth hurts!!!

Several people last year had to go on antibiotics and all had a bad WI that week but made it up the week after so not to worry ;)

Hi Mairead,

I went on antibiotics 3 weeks into TFR when I last did LT 4 yrs ago. I don't remember the effect on weigh in but I did feel weak and got a really bad case of diarrhea for a couple of days. I stuck with it and did not start eating, however if you haven't started LT yet based on experience I'd say put it off until you've finished the antibiotics course.

Hope you feel better soon hun. It's a good idea to cut the carbs coz it will make your first week easier.

x

Back