Anyone been placed on the shortlist for Slimmer of the Year?

Well done all of you - its going to be a great day!

The conference used to be CDC's only, however, this year is for CDC's and anyone on CD and as Ann said its £15 per ticket.

The close date for buying tickets has come and gone but you may be lucky there could still be some spare.

Hope to see lots of you there.

Well done all shortlisted candidates.
How many people are usually on the short list Linda?

This year is different than any other as there have been so many excellent entries, I do not know how many on the shortlist we will have to see on the day.

Linda

Guess I will see you all there then eh - one of my ladies has been shortlisted too.

She is all excited - it is me that doesn't do crowds well!! Maybe this is one that will make me stronger eh LOL

Fancy the counsellor being more nervous than the rest!!

Another fear to deal with eh ..... flying to Florida in 2 weeks all of a sudden seems a breeze .......

Look forward to seeing you all too
Aideen

Quick question - can someone win the Cambridge Diet Slimmer of the year even if they haven't lost all their weight with the Cambridge Diet?

I'm a tad confused as I thought, perhaps naively, that it was a Cambridge Diet thing... otherwise it would just be a general thing wouldn't it? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick... is it a general Slimmer of the Year award open to all who have lost weigh regardless of how or what plan they followed?

And... if someone wins who has done it with a variety of diets.. which one will be credited for their success? I mean.. say you did WW and lost 4 stone and did the last stretch with CD (say 2 stone)... would this qualify you to win a CD award or a WW award? Or both!?? lol (love the idea of that!! dual awards... lol )

It's something I was chewing over and couldn't quite get to grips with... lol (not unusal for me!)... and my example is not referring to anyone, I made it up! lol

I remember when I did SW (oh, years ago!) that they had their own award thing too... and I think that was based on SW members only... but then, who knows... before they joined SW they could've been to WW etc.. lol... and if so... I'm guessing the weight loss would only be counted as the loss that person made with SW! Ahhh... seee... as I type I'm beginning to get to grips with it! lol

So... in my hypothetical case... the award would be for the final 2 stone loss not the overall 6 stone loss!!

Linda - I look to you for an answer (coz you knows loads! lol)... :D

Oh, and I have to say - my asking this is just basically because I was wondering , that's all... in no way does my question devalue the incredible achievements that all participants have made!! They are ALL mega-stars in my book!! :D

You do not necessarily have to have lost all your weight on CD, you could have lost 2stone on SW then switched to CD and lost the rest.

It is your weightloss journey and story that has a bearing also not just how much you have lost.

Someone may have lost three stones and become pregnant after trying for several years, someone may have lost 11 stones all CD, someone 9 stones half and half finishing on CD.

Every single case is taken on its merits but CD will need to be the final part of the journey.

Records of your losses with CD will be held by the counsellor so it can be assessed if necessary.

I wouldn't want to be one of the judges there are so many amazing stories this year.

Linda

Ive been short listed but unfortunelty i cant go :(

Found out late on monday afternoon and i cant get anyone to look after 5 children 9yrs old and under, wonder why :rolleyes: and hubby cant afford time off work.

Hope you all have a good time that are going.xx

julesrush

Well done to everyone who has lost weight. Like it has been said many times on here, you are all winners and should be very proud of yourselves.:D

The slimmer conference should be great, as there are lots of amazing stories. Can't wait to meet these amazing people.:)

Nick :)

Good luck to you all that have been shortlisted. Look forward to meeting you all on saturday. don't be nervous you all deserve to win.

Cambridge slimmer of the year 2005/06

Katie x

:) Thanks Katie.Will be nice to meet you .

Just want to say good luck to everyone,as I have said many times so many you must all be getting fed up with it BUT
We are all winners winning the weight war is a great thing a life changing thing and I for one feel a winner,I think CD is a winner.:) :D :) :D

I know we will all have a great time.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
See you there.:)
Love and hugs
Love Libbie xx

Best of luck to everyone shortlisted and hope all who are going have a fabulous day tomorrow! I can't go either cos of childcare commitments and Bardardo's is full!! Boo!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow.

I am staying at the Windmill Village thingie tonight if anyone is about to say hello in the bar!

M.

Good look to all of you and enjoy. Can't wait to hear who wins.......but you all are loosers !!!!!!!!! if you know what I mean !!

x

Bettyboo

Back