Anyone been to egypt? Food choices for 810?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by aussieraquel, 20 May 2009 Social URL.

1. aussieraquel

aussieraquel loving minimins!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.29%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi everyone, this weekend I am going to egypt for 9 days. I am currently doing 810 and have just begun maintenance as I am close to goal. I was wondering if anyone has been to egypt and can give me some advice. A friend said you should not eat the salad there as you will get a tummy bug cos its washed in their water. Can anyone give me some insight into what food choices I can make, I really dont want to deviate from 810 and have been on holidays before and been able to stick to even ss.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi,
    Yes I have been to Egypt a few times and never had a problem with my stomach and neither did my husband or boys..
    Where abouts are you going... They do advise to be careful where you eat. I did eat salad in our hotel and it was fine it depends where you are going to..
    I am sure you should be fine, they do say if you are going outside the hotel to be careful we went to Sharm el sheik..
    Good luck x

4. wellandgood

wellandgood Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.38%)
    Diet:
    WW points
    I havent been to Eygpt but I know you will have a lot of protien(meat )choices. you can have cooked veg.can you have fruit on 810?? If you stay in a very clean hotel you can have a little salad. i lived in India for 4 years and always ate salads. Never had any probs, just watch the source. Drink loads of bottled water. as ususal just watch carbs and sugar. You will be fine. dont worry. Relax and enjoy your holiday!!! I'd love to go to Egypt!! Well done on being close to goal..

5. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I went to Egypt last May, it was an all inclusive hotel. The food was lovely, lots of salads, meats and veg, cheese, pastas and breads... so be careful!! The menu changed slightly every day, but the salad was always available.

Have a lovely time! xx

6. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

egypt is somewhere I have always wanted to go, but have never made it too.
    someone told me a week was more than enough though, anyone agree?

x

7. shrinkingsarah

shrinkingsarah Member

Start Weight:
    17st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    no Tilly! I've been there 3 times (hurghada, sharm and taba), each for 2 weeks and could've stayed longer. Amazing beaches, coral and snorkelling (beautiful fish, puffers, cleaner fish cleaning bigger fish, dolphins...), so much culture to see, lots of camels, the pyramids and luxor trips, plus if you go to Taba day trips to Israel (swim with dolphins amongst other things) and Jordan (float in the dead sea). I think I could live here for a couple of years and never get bored! :D

8. Mia

Mia Skinny girl in a fat body

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/Exante
    I was in Egypt in January this year. I love it. I was all inclusive but the food was fine, although just typical all inclusive food. Outside, in Na'ama (sp) Bay it is very very expensive. We paid about £12 for a glass of wine and a cocktail. Food choices are just about the same as anywhere else. I ate lots of salad whilst I was there, and no problems for me. Have a good time.

9. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

Loved Egypt when i went last year, we were all inclusive and the food was amazing, loads of different choices of meat n fish, wonderful salads n veggies, just steer clear of the array of different breads, rice dishes etc and you'll be fine. hope you have a fab time it'll a great holiday very very hot though!!

10. Angela83

Angela83 Silver Member

The man that works with my dad just got back from there, he was Ok but his wife got a tummy bug and he thinks it was from the salad at the buffet. I guess, just be careful take some the first day see how it goes? take medication with you just in case.

11. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

oh and don't go anywhere without your alcohol hand sanitiser either! really glad we took it especially after handling the money!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.