Anyone been to egypt? Food choices for 810?

aussieraquel

loving minimins!
Hi everyone, this weekend I am going to egypt for 9 days. I am currently doing 810 and have just begun maintenance as I am close to goal. I was wondering if anyone has been to egypt and can give me some advice. A friend said you should not eat the salad there as you will get a tummy bug cos its washed in their water. Can anyone give me some insight into what food choices I can make, I really dont want to deviate from 810 and have been on holidays before and been able to stick to even ss.

Hi,
Yes I have been to Egypt a few times and never had a problem with my stomach and neither did my husband or boys..
Where abouts are you going... They do advise to be careful where you eat. I did eat salad in our hotel and it was fine it depends where you are going to..
I am sure you should be fine, they do say if you are going outside the hotel to be careful we went to Sharm el sheik..
Good luck x

I havent been to Eygpt but I know you will have a lot of protien(meat )choices. you can have cooked veg.can you have fruit on 810?? If you stay in a very clean hotel you can have a little salad. i lived in India for 4 years and always ate salads. Never had any probs, just watch the source. Drink loads of bottled water. as ususal just watch carbs and sugar. You will be fine. dont worry. Relax and enjoy your holiday!!! I'd love to go to Egypt!! Well done on being close to goal..

I went to Egypt last May, it was an all inclusive hotel. The food was lovely, lots of salads, meats and veg, cheese, pastas and breads... so be careful!! The menu changed slightly every day, but the salad was always available.

Have a lovely time! xx

egypt is somewhere I have always wanted to go, but have never made it too.
someone told me a week was more than enough though, anyone agree?

x

no Tilly! I've been there 3 times (hurghada, sharm and taba), each for 2 weeks and could've stayed longer. Amazing beaches, coral and snorkelling (beautiful fish, puffers, cleaner fish cleaning bigger fish, dolphins...), so much culture to see, lots of camels, the pyramids and luxor trips, plus if you go to Taba day trips to Israel (swim with dolphins amongst other things) and Jordan (float in the dead sea). I think I could live here for a couple of years and never get bored! :D

I was in Egypt in January this year. I love it. I was all inclusive but the food was fine, although just typical all inclusive food. Outside, in Na'ama (sp) Bay it is very very expensive. We paid about £12 for a glass of wine and a cocktail. Food choices are just about the same as anywhere else. I ate lots of salad whilst I was there, and no problems for me. Have a good time.

Loved Egypt when i went last year, we were all inclusive and the food was amazing, loads of different choices of meat n fish, wonderful salads n veggies, just steer clear of the array of different breads, rice dishes etc and you'll be fine. hope you have a fab time it'll a great holiday very very hot though!!

The man that works with my dad just got back from there, he was Ok but his wife got a tummy bug and he thinks it was from the salad at the buffet. I guess, just be careful take some the first day see how it goes? take medication with you just in case.

oh and don't go anywhere without your alcohol hand sanitiser either! really glad we took it especially after handling the money!

Back