Anyone cal AND CARB count?

stef2009

Gold Member
Ello all :)

So im calorie counting, aparently according to a calc I did online I should be eating under 1000 cals to lose 1lb per week eeeek seems so low! Anyway carbs arnt my friend so just cal counting doesn't work well for me, wondering if anyone carb counts aswell? Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

stef2009 said:
Ello all :)

So im calorie counting, aparently according to a calc I did online I should be eating under 1000 cals to lose 1lb per week eeeek seems so low! Anyway carbs arnt my friend so just cal counting doesn't work well for me, wondering if anyone carb counts aswell? Xxx

If a calculator is telling you to eat less than 1,000 calories a week, it's wrong! What site was it? The minimum a woman should eat is 1,200, but I've never gone that low, even doing no exercise. :) xx

Thankyou!! Omg I have been eating around 800-900 cals per day! I don't know which one it was I looked on my fone I will try to have another look!!

I've been trying to stay under 90carbs per day which I'm gonna find hard to do now eating more cals!! But will have to try lol

Thankyou will have a look now x

stef2009 said:
Thankyou!! Omg I have been eating around 800-900 cals per day! I don't know which one it was I looked on my fone I will try to have another look!!

I've been trying to stay under 90carbs per day which I'm gonna find hard to do now eating more cals!! But will have to try lol

Thankyou will have a look now x

Oh dear! No, you shouldn't eat that low unless it's a properly balanced and monitored VLCD like Cambridge or something. Do you use My Fitness Pal? That actually tells you off if you log less than 1,200 a day. :) I imagine MFP would probably tell you to eat 1,200 a day, which is too low for me but is certainly the minimum I'd say to go for, but have a look at that thread for more detailed advice on BMR/TDEE etc. :) xx

Gosh that's confusing lol I've worked out my tdee and that's 1974 and my bmr is 1444 so what's does that mean lol xxx

stef2009 said:
Gosh that's confusing lol I've worked out my tdee and that's 1974 and my bmr is 1444 so what's does that mean lol xxx

Well, that In Place of a Road Map link (don't know if you read it?) and the gist of that thread as a whole and also of a lot of online advice, is to not eat below your BMR. TDEE minus 20% is one theory, so you'd be looking at something like 1,700 on that basis, but I'd say that's too high if you don't have loads to lose. So.......somewhere in between those figures? 1,500 seems a good bet for starters, no lower than 1,400 anyway. In other words, it's trial and error, lol. :) xx

Thanks :) yep i read it, I'm just very slow at understanding things like that LOL

Right i shall go for around 1400 and see how I go :D

Thankyou xxxx

Lol, it's all a bit complicated, and to be honest, it's really trial and error at the end of the day, as I said. I think you're quite a bit shorter than me, but also half my age and probably exercising? I eat 1,600 at the moment and yes, my losses are pretty slow at the moment, but I'm getting towards the end of my losing phase and it's getting hard going! :) xx

very confusing lol, ive tried cc before with many diff cal amounts but nothing ever worked i always sts, had to do ketosis diets to lose the weight ive lost, ive realised carbs dont work for me so trying to count them too :\

Yep im only just 5 foot lol im nearly at the end now want to lose around another 1.5 then im done, the last part seems by far the hardest!!!

well done on ur loss so far! xxx

Aww thanks i hope so :) xx

stef2009 said:
very confusing lol, ive tried cc before with many diff cal amounts but nothing ever worked i always sts, had to do ketosis diets to lose the weight ive lost, ive realised carbs dont work for me so trying to count them too :\

Yep im only just 5 foot lol im nearly at the end now want to lose around another 1.5 then im done, the last part seems by far the hardest!!!

well done on ur loss so far! xxx

Thank you! Yes, the last bit is the hardest (apart from the small matter of maintaining afterwards of course, lol). I think my problem was that I'd set out aiming for a healthy BMI, which meant losing around 10 stone, but now realise that it's not really necessary to aim for a fairly meaningless figure on a chart, so I've reassessed and decided I'd be better off stopping at what is technically a stone or so "overweight". Partly down to my age, I think - I'm finding I'm starting to look a bit scrawny in parts the more I lose; middle aged flesh is less forgiving, lol. :) xx

stef2009 said:
Aww thanks i hope so :) xx

I'm sure you will - you've done a fantastic job, and even if you don't lose any more (not saying you won't!!), you must feel loads better - I know I do. :) xx

I know what you mean!! When i started and saw my healthy bmi i was like whatttt!!??? I decided to totally forget that and just go till i feel confident. Funnily enough im actually just over a stone away from getting into me 'healthy bmi'! But to be honest i would happily stay the weight i am now, if it wasnt for my stomach!! I have alot of lower belly fat that is way out of proportion to my body so this extra 1.5 stone is for that really, praying its going to shrink!!

Oh blimey yeah feel loads better, i just feel like abit of a failure at the moment because losing my stomach was my main objective and its really let me down grrr!! But well i can only keep trying! xx

stef2009 said:
I know what you mean!! When i started and saw my healthy bmi i was like whatttt!!??? I decided to totally forget that and just go till i feel confident. Funnily enough im actually just over a stone away from getting into me 'healthy bmi'! But to be honest i would happily stay the weight i am now, if it wasnt for my stomach!! I have alot of lower belly fat that is way out of proportion to my body so this extra 1.5 stone is for that really, praying its going to shrink!!

Oh blimey yeah feel loads better, i just feel like abit of a failure at the moment because losing my stomach was my main objective and its really let me down grrr!! But well i can only keep trying! xx

Do you do any exercise on your stomach? I know you can get good results from toning up in certain areas rather than trying to shift it through diet. Sounds like we have a similar body type - I'm definitely an apple and my remaining fat is clinging onto my belly for dear life, lol. Trouble is, it just seems to come off my legs and bum, to the point at which my bum has gone very flat - lovely, eh, big belly and no bum, lol. ;) But, I don't aspire to a bikini body, I'm past all that, so I'm happy enough. :) xx

Ahh yeah do loads of tum exercise, i probably have an awsome 6 pack underneath LOL but its just not shifting, My doc thinks it will need surgery, Not good :(

I would of loved a bikini bod for my wedding this year in malta,,, but ive come to terms that i wont, and prob never will, So just looking nice in a costume will do me lol I did really well with my skin too after losing 5 stone, but now all of a sudden my legs are like jelly, ahhh the joys of weight loss lol

xxx

stef2009 said:
Ahh yeah do loads of tum exercise, i probably have an awsome 6 pack underneath LOL but its just not shifting, My doc thinks it will need surgery, Not good :(

I would of loved a bikini bod for my wedding this year in malta,,, but ive come to terms that i wont, and prob never will, So just looking nice in a costume will do me lol I did really well with my skin too after losing 5 stone, but now all of a sudden my legs are like jelly, ahhh the joys of weight loss lol

xxx

Yeah, I've got a little bit of loose skin, but nothing too horrendous. It is true that if it's loose skin you can't get rid of it without surgery (at least according to the MANY weight loss programmes I watch, lol). :( But it's still so much better than all that excess fat, after all. :) xx

Back