Anyone catch this?

Shrimpy

Gold Member
Woooooowwwwww....I couldn't watch it all, but from what I saw....jeeebus. I can't believe there was cola in that toddler's bottle....cripes!

yes i saw this and sat with my mouth open most of the way through it, what health problems are those poor children storing up for the future. Yeah im overweight but i did it to myself they are having no choice in the matter. Sorry but it's child abuse

I didnt have any sympathy to the mothers who ate unhealthy themselves however I have sympathy for the family who ate healthy themselves but the child refused.

Havent watch this yet...... Didnt want to. My little man is autistic and he is very particular about his food and tbh his diet does stress me out. Though he always used to eat fruit and veg and i still always give it to him weather he eats it or not is welll you know. but pop in bottles bugger me thats just not right. Sir i wont allow certain stuff as well its crap but pop bottles yikes

It horrified me. I felt so sorry for the family with the kid with a real food phobia. I was so impressed at the end when he was actually eating some broccoli instead of chip shop chips. I felt the teenage mum had so much to learn and was way to concerned with "getting smashed", but at least at the end she could make a home made pizza...

I have just watched it there this moment. Yes, it is shocking. Although what really makes me think is how many families end up like this WITHOUT realising. At least all the families on this programme knew how many takeaways their babies ate....sadly I would say many busy mums and dads probably get into some of these habits without realising the extent. I did find it shocking but the bit where they got help was really interesting, especially the child who had been sick and missed the weaning stage.

I'm late seeing this thread, but I agree with you all it was awful to see, and tbh, in this day and age if people with minimal education are aware that cola in bottle is a big no no!

my daughter never really got the option to be a fussy eater, I'm not mrs perfect, but as I've always cooked food from fresh and eaten a really wide variety of foods she just ate what I ate.
I won't lie her father (the ex) has very poor eating habits , and she does have a few guilty pleasures that she likes when she's with him, but she is aware that these are to be enjoyed occasionally, and now she has started to teach him some basic recipes , spaghetti Bol, shepherds pie etc, she almost 12, but is the adult in that relationship!

The mothers in that programme will see the results of there poor habits not only in themselves but also in the little children, and seeing a child with toothache due to sugar decay is not pleasant....

X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I see Mums with pop in baby's bottles all the time!
I'm of the school where if my child wouldn't eat then they weren't hungry and nothing else was offered.
Children (unless they have severe behavioral problems) will not starve themselves, given the choice of food with different textures potaote/broccoli/meat etc they get lazy and want easy food like yogurt or same texture foods like burger and fries all soft and mushy no effort required.
I'm a mean Mum!! But my kids never tried it on twice, neither did the kids I looked after as an au pair.

Not letting your toddler eat chewy foods causes more problems than just obesity, there's ear problems, delayed speech etc etc.

Purplesky My hat is off to you, I work with vulnerable adults and one guy I worked with is severely Autistic, very challenging. Lovely though! At least I could go home at night, or phone my boss if things got tough.
I still work with him occasionally.
Well done you!

yes i saw this and sat with my mouth open most of the way through it, what health problems are those poor children storing up for the future. Yeah im overweight but i did it to myself they are having no choice in the matter. Sorry but it's child abuse

I did not see the programme and because I am out of the U.K. I can not see the video clip Shrimpy posted.

Reading this entry prompted me to post about a child who was taken into care here in Spain because she was morbidly obese at 10 years old. How distressing for the child to be taken from it's home.

I agree that it was what was best for the child in this case, and it is child abuse of a really insidious kind but what psychological damage has been caused to a child who probably is unable to understand that the *lovely* food its mummy has given it is bad. To that child what is bad is to be taken away from mummy and fed an unfamiliar diet.

It really is a matter of education.

shocking ... 20 month old toddlers on 3500 calories a day :eek: I thought I was naughty letting the kids have a takeaway once a week after swimming !!!!

And the coke thing I just dont get , why would you want to pump an energetic toddler full of sugar and caffeine ????

I do understand that some people just cant cook , but there is far better things you could feed your child than takeaways !!!

I see Mums with pop in baby's bottles all the time!
I'm of the school where if my child wouldn't eat then they weren't hungry and nothing else was offered.
Children (unless they have severe behavioral problems) will not starve themselves, given the choice of food with different textures potaote/broccoli/meat etc they get lazy and want easy food like yogurt or same texture foods like burger and fries all soft and mushy no effort required.
I'm a mean Mum!! But my kids never tried it on twice, neither did the kids I looked after as an au pair.

This. Exactly this.
There is no incentive to try anything because if they wail about it they get something they know they like.
I was watching a programme about trying to get a child to eat more foods, and the child went to bed hungry. The mother was fretting about it, but the nurse just said that he goes to bed hungry, he will eat whatever is offered the next morning because he is so hungry. It's not like you are actually starving him without an end point.

Back