Extra Easy Anyone cut out bread?

Meliososo

Im just curious as to whether anyone has cut bread out from their diet and noticed it help with bloating or weightloss?

I decided to have a week without bread as I found I was having it everyday and I get bloated very easily but wasn't sure if it was bread or something else. Im on day 3 into the week and not feeling bloated and finding it surprisingly easy! Loving that I have my HeB to eat hi-fi bars or oil as well.

Yes, I found out that I needed to cut out bread in order to lose properly. I do green (as I'm a veggie) and started out using my 2 HEBs for two slices of wholemeal bread but my weight was hardly shifting for some reason. I changed my HEs and the weight started coming off again.

I love bread, especially white bread and also wraps, so for me its easier to not have it at all or I wont control myself and when I have a feeling of wanting bread, I quickly look at the orange sw book to see the syn value and that snaps me out of it. Also my daughter still has bread for her sandwiches so to save me going wild crazy for it, i freeze the bread and in my mind I cant be bothered to wait for the bread to be defrost lol.

Yep I never have bread now unless it's a hexB option and well I find the portion I'm allowed quite measly compared to the amount I'd really want to eat so as above I find it easier to cut it out totally.

8 and a half weeks into following the plan and I don't miss it at all, which is amazing as before I was a breadaholic lol

In 63 weeks I must have eaten 3 small wholemeal loaves. I freeze mine and only ever use it for bacon sandwich treats, rarely. Or breadcrumbs for chicken. Bread was my downfall before and I've coped fine. It did help the toaster breaking. There's nothing shouting toast me! I've lost 6 stone in 63 weeks :) good luck x

Yes! not on purpose really but have cereal for brekki and would not use my syns for bread lol I very occasionally have a slice but the weeks when i have i have not lost as much!

Wow lots of people doing the same then.

Glad to see it's helped some of you too. It does seem a bit of a waste of syns to have bread but that's probably because I like to us mine for chocolate lol.

soon2bslimmer77 said:
Yes! not on purpose really but have cereal for brekki and would not use my syns for bread lol I very occasionally have a slice but the weeks when i have i have not lost as much!

I'm the exact same. Sometimes on a weekend I'll have a WW petit pan instead of cereal. Like today I'm having scrambled egg, a petit pan and griddles tomatoes. Looking forward to it!

I've cut out bread totally. For me, I know that it is my main weakness, and I find that its easier to cut it out completely then try and just reduce the amount of it I eat. Not sure how much it has helped or speeded up weight loss as I haven't eaten bread at all since I started SW on 1 January this year. I feel better for it though. I think its just whatever works for you, i'm sure plenty of people on EE eat it, just in moderation.

I hardly ever eat bread now. I've heard that bread is supposed to have a slowing effect on your metabolism, which obviously isn't helpful for losing weight, although I don't know how much truth there is to it - maybe something to do with the yeast since people don't say that about pasta or other wheat-based food. Anyway, I can't say that I really miss bread all that much now, and I definitely feel worse if i start eating it, so I prefer to have shredded wheat in the morning instead for the HEX :)

I tend to cut way back on bread on SW too. I keep a loaf of wholemeal in the freezer so I can have it if I needed/want it, but generally find I prefer to make other things for lunch that don't use HEX B or syns. Got to stay away from the white crusty though - can hoover up way too much of it!!!

I'm not a big bread eater but I don't understand how this works. Bread is loaded with carbs i get that. But so is porridge/cereals/cereal bars/potatoes/fruit and PASTA
Can someone explain to me how bread helps with the bloating as I'm confused. I may give it a go though :)

Interesting! Lots for my brain to take in at 10.45 lol!!

But I may look into it! Shops just want our money and don't care what the product does to our health.

For example all the rubbish they feed vegtables etc makes me very mad. Having to spend more on organic when it is actually cheaper for them to make!

Ive cut right down on bread at most I only eat it once a week now ... I find it helps with my weight loss and I dont miss it

I'm having some bread as my HEB for like the 2nd time in 5 weeks on plan today, aside from that I have had a warburtons wrap (synned). I don't miss it really, I also have had pasta/couscous a handful of times over these weeks as they really don't agree with my digestive system even though I LOVE them, especially bread. I have crispbreads for my HEB instead and these don't negatively affect my weight loss.

Losing weight just fine :)

I must admit that last time I was on plan (been off for a year due to pregnancy/havin a baby), and also this time, I cut back significantly on bread. It becomes almost second nature after a while even for the hardiest bread addicts (like me!). I usually have muesli for my breakfast now with fatfree yoghurt and fruit; if I happen to be really low on time, I might opt for two small slices of wholemeal but it is a rare thing. Bread bloats me up terribly. I have IBS and always find that everything slows down when I eat the stuff - my weightloss, my (ahem) regularity and even the speed at which I move. I'm so sluggish and sloth-like when I've eaten bread. I recently discovered fried eggs done with frylite, never tried fried eggs before - but now it's my favourite super quick breakfast, doesn't slow me down and keeps me feeling full for ages.

Back