Anyone do Body Pump?

Prinzessin

Shoe Queen!
Hi used to do this last year and have just started again at David Lloyd. Am doing 5-6 classes a week and 1-2 Legs ,bums and tums class ( not too keen on that one)
Does anyone else do classes at their gym and what is good? :)

I used to do body pump - OMG it hurts so much afterwards!
I just stick with the cardio stuff in the gym at the moment - classes are a bit much just now.

I do spin class 3 times per week (Mon, Weds, Fri) and weights and cardio the rest, with one hour per week (Tues) with personal trainer...

YEH i do BodyPump and i love it, a great workout!

I do Pump Tues eve, Step Wed, Boxercise Thurs and a gym cardio session either Sat or Sun. Unfortunately my gym doesn't do spinning :(

I don't do it every week, but found it is brilliant for toning.

I tend to do triple play and 20:20:20, thats what they call it at JJB. Mostly all on the step and includes weights.

I am a HUGE fan of body pump :happy036:

Oh yeah I do boxercise on Sat mornings when I can and it rocks!

Pump is fantastic. I do Pump, Combat, Attack, Balance and Jam but I'm in no position to tell you what is good and what isn't because I'm biased (I teach the classes). :D

Combat gives you a good all over cardio workout with lots of upper body stuff. Attack is more lower body and it's a real killer. Probably the best calorie burner of the lot. Jam (for me) is a close second for calorie burning and also the most fun - it's an hour of dancing like a mad thing. Balance is for flexibility and strength, and Pump for strength and endurance.

I used to be a Spinning addict and I went five times a week. :eek:

I'm considering going into BodyPump but I'm not sure at the moment - the Les Mills website says you burn on average 600kcal per session, and whilst on LighterLife, I'm not even consuming 600kcal a day. Do you think I should give it a go, or see with my LL Counsellor first?

Back