Anyone doing couch to 5k?

sharron12

Hi everyone. Have restarted ww this week and have 3 stone to lose. I hit 40 this year and am seriously unfit so bit the bullet and decided to try out the couch to 5k app that has sat on my phone all year. I have just done my second run and I'm surprised to say I actually quite enjoyed it! It was hard work but with some 90s dance tunes on it was 'doable'. I'm determined to get to goal this year and hopefully running will help me get there faster!

Which version are you doing? I did the NHS version in the second half of 2012 and now LOVE running :)

I have just restarted in between gym sessions but did it last year through to about week 8 when I injured my knee. It was great and although I didn't make it to doing 5k without walking breaks I used to be able to do Parkrun on a Saturday morning and get and improve my times slightly

I've just started this, really enjoying it too :) signed up for a 10K race on the 2nd June..... Paid for it so I WILL complete it!!!

My NY resolution is to run a 10K race before I get married in Nov, I'm certainly not a runner but determined to do it and the app I've got had great reviews so giving it a bash, so far so good :)

Also hoping it will help my last push for what I have left to lose but ultimately I'll be happy to tone up, made a huge difference to my shape last year when I was at the gym regularly so hoping this will help too Xxx

Unfortunately I injured my knee many years ago doing to much running, and so I can't do that anymore, hence the weight pile on over the years.

Back