anyone doing SS+???

malibu2012

appologies if there is already a thread regarding this (cant find one) Im on day 10 and have decided to def do SS+. I go swimming (been today) and zumba couple of times a week and find on these days i need the extra energy. Last week i had 3 days SS+ with an extra shake but i feel strong enough to have the small 200 cal meal from the book without it leading to anything extra. Just wonderd if people doing the SS+ still average 3.5lb a week?? i really hope so as this little meal a day will help me feel half human i think + keep me on the diet longer without any slips. Do you recomend me only having SS+ on the days i exercise or can i get away with having it everyday? Pleaseeeeeee someone doing SS+ get back to me :) thanks xxx

I SS+. My losses are a little slower - I average 2 - 3 lb a week, but I'm definitely far more sane than I was trying to SS. I moved over at about the same time as you are at now. Since starting on 27th Jan I've lost 40 lb as of this morning.

txljay said:
I SS+. My losses are a little slower - I average 2 - 3 lb a week, but I'm definitely far more sane than I was trying to SS. I moved over at about the same time as you are at now. Since starting on 27th Jan I've lost 40 lb as of this morning.

I wish I had the willpower to do SS+, I just want to eat more once I start :-(....
Im sure it will come in time x

thanks for the info txljay :) much appreciated! wow 40lb that is incredible well done!!!! Im really hoping to average 3.5lb a week only because thats the only way im going to reach my goal in time.. if i had more time i wouldn't be botherd about it being a tad slower aslong as it was steady. However not enough time for that :( im going to give it a go + see what my losses are like as that is the only way ill ever know i guess. Hoping the bit of exercise i do will balance it out... but if not will go back to SS but will be a tad gutted haha. Do you ever have the eggs option? if so what do you have it with from the salad/veg list? might try that tommorrow but dont know how to have it :S eggs on there own isnt to appealing lol

charlie woo woo- i never thought i would have the will power to do SS+ either but honestly that bit of chicken + lettuce was heaven + aslong as it doesn't effect my weight loss too much then i think it'l be alot better for me mentally in the long run! But if your happy on SS amd don't think you could stop at the allowance then i wouldn't even risk it hun. Its only because im 100% sure i won't have anything extra that im giving it a try overwise id stay well clear. My thoughts are that small meal is better than no meal at all + if i can stay in ketosis + itl make me happier + give me more energy then why not. Im so terrified of getting nocked out of ketosis thats why i no i won't stray further overwise i'd be useless on this diet haha. Anyways i shall give it a go + hope for good weight losses still + see what happens xxx

I'm on ss at the moment but when I've done it previously I lost 2-3lbs a week too. I have 2 poached eggs on top of spinach.

thanks annie for your reply. so its looking like roughly 10lb loss every 4 weeks compared to 14lb loss SS would u say? do you think if i exercise it'l make a difference? i guess i'll just have to wait + see x

I have either chicken or eggs, usually with some celery, cucumber and spring onions. If I'm having chicken it's usually foil wrapped and roasted with herbs but sometimes I'll have a stirfry (dry fried) with mushrooms or leeks, or sometimes a little bit of both. Eggs are normally boiled, although I do have the occasional omelette or scrambled.

I don't think exercise makes much difference & too much can stall your losses (there is a sticky about exercise at the top of the page). SS is definitely better for me in terms of quick weight loss & I find after the initial 2 wks its easier as I don't have to cook something I'm not really bothered about.

thanks for the tip txljay :) i think im going to start doing the same with cooking a chicken breast in tin foil with herbs, i know exactly whats in it then. The only thing i had in today was wafer thin chicken breast (140g packet) + i only had about half pack because there was loads and i was worried it was too much.. didnt want it to knock me out of ketosis! although i checked back of packet + it said less than 1g of carb for the packet. You just dont know what over sly ingredients are in it though so safer doing in myself. With the eggs, ive never had an omlette in my life lol so will try that but with what veg?? i loved scrambled egg but boring without beans or toast with it haha.

Thanks Annie just seen your losses as come on comp wow there fab!! thanks for the tip regarding exercise, if i dont loose enough i shall go to SS as haven't got time for slower losses, yet that bit off food will be nice but not nice enough to not achieve my goal in time! im sure i'll get very bored very quick of the food i'm allowed... will just see how i go + might even do half week SS and half week SS+ (on the 3/4 days i exercise) and see how i get on with that. I can't believe that exercise can actually inhibit weight loss thats crazy, I've always been taught the more calories you burn the more weight you loose + thats simple to understand haha il give it a read now. I only do zumba + swimming purely because i love it + hoping swimming will help me tone up so less likely loose skin at the end thanks for the advice xxx

When i spoke to my cdc about doing ss+ she said its only about 1lb difference i do some days ss+ without exercise and i lose 3lb per wk

thanks for the advice claireybell :) to be honest i wasn't going to ask my cdc about it as all she ever says is 'well your 5ft7 so your on the boundary of having 4 cd products a day anyways' lol good job im not 5ft8 as theres no way i could afford to buy an extra 7 a week lol im pushing it fine to reach my goal in time for my birthday anyways, so if this SS+ does inhibit my weight loss ill just have to stick to SS. I've just got my head around being to have a little meal now though so it'l be like taking candy off a baby (i think thats the expression) hahaha in other words i'll be gutted but i want the weight loss more so fngers crossed i can be greedy + have it both ways lol have the meal + still average 3.5lb a week :p (very much doubt it but worth a try lol) xxx

thanks i think i might try an egg + spring onion omlette 1 day for a change! I just had chicken , green pepper + chicken seasning (powder) cooked in a pan + wow tastes delish!! i was soooo shocked at how much there was as cut it really fine + took me about 30 mins to get through rather than 5 mins lol i was full half way through but finished it because it was nice lol. next time i might put it in a container + pick at it! If you try any nice dishes with either egg or chicken (dont like fish) then let me know :) x

Back