Anyone doing the c.w.p with a 3 month old baby?

grumbletumble

Silver Member
Hiya,

I'm going to be starting the c.w.p soon. Starting on step 2 as i have a bmi of 42.8 then onto ss once my bmi is down to 40.

I've done slimming world in the past & found it really good, but at the moment i just don't have the time to prepare meals with my 3 month old daughter.
Has anyone else done the c.w.p with a small baby? Did you find it quite easy? I'm thinking it will be easier than the time i tried before (3 years ago) as my days are just flying by with my daughter.

The one thing I'm concerned about is the tiredness for the first few weeks...how did you cope?

All input would be gratefully received! :)

hi chick welcome! yes im doing it, on day 12 now, ive a little baby 4 months old this diet is so handy and you suprisingly dont feel hungry! sorry only have tie for quick visit as need to feed baby but if you ever want to chat or ask advice no problem good luck xx

Thanks Cathy! I can imagine it's handy to do as there's practically no preperation! I just don't have the time or energy to make proper meals so was/am having things like pizza, jacket pots, pasta etc & it's not doing me any good!

I have a lot more to lose than you but I'm hoping it will give me a kick start into losing this blubber :D

Good luck you've done great already! x

I have a 10month old, little older then yours but do find it easy!
I never got any tiredness just more energy which is great as I can play alot more!

Total loss- 33lbs in 10 weeks

aw thanks luv, yes i was same first few months after having my baby and over christmas i just ate the biggest pile of crap and lived on takeaways etc, ive a wee boy too, i just found i had no energy and it was defo because of what i was eating. i tried SW a few years back and in theory its brilliant all thats free food etc but wayyy to much cooking for my liking, i felt i was constantly peeling potatoes!! lol, having said that once i reach my goal weight of 10 stone with CD, im hoping to start introducing chicken and salad as part of SS+ a few weeks before the end to get me used to food again as im on ss at the moment. i am actially thinking of giving sw another go to lose another bit of weight and hopefully maintaining as its all about changig lifestyle and it will be much healthier for the kids too to eat.

i found my first week on cd a breeze wasnt a bit hungry, i had a takeway night before i started (alomost a 'last supper ' lol) i found it help as the next day i felt so bloated , that taking the shakes was a nice change. ive had a couple of low days where i had no energy and was crying, i think it was coupled with my little baby waking at night so i was reallly tired, but had a real energy boost again after that, really hope you like the plan and find it suits you, im sure youll be at target by the summer =) xxx

Hiya and welcome :)

MY daughter is 21 months and very demanding at the min, it's like me and my shadow lol but i have found it pretty easy to stick to although she does pinch my water bottle and thinks it's hers and tell me "No" when i try to get it back haha but she thinks it's hilarious when i blend my shakes and sits intently watching me drink them then tries to shove a piece of toast in my face grrr .

I think you'll do just fine with a 3 month old, least they dont move when you put them down lol good luck with it all :) xx

I have a 10month old, little older then yours but do find it easy!
I never got any tiredness just more energy which is great as I can play alot more!

Total loss- 33lbs in 10 weeks

That's why I want to nip this weight problem in the bud, I want to be able to play with my daughter and run around with her :D

aw thanks luv, yes i was same first few months after having my baby and over christmas i just ate the biggest pile of crap and lived on takeaways etc, ive a wee boy too, i just found i had no energy and it was defo because of what i was eating. i tried SW a few years back and in theory its brilliant all thats free food etc but wayyy to much cooking for my liking, i felt i was constantly peeling potatoes!! lol, having said that once i reach my goal weight of 10 stone with CD, im hoping to start introducing chicken and salad as part of SS+ a few weeks before the end to get me used to food again as im on ss at the moment. i am actially thinking of giving sw another go to lose another bit of weight and hopefully maintaining as its all about changig lifestyle and it will be much healthier for the kids too to eat.

i found my first week on cd a breeze wasnt a bit hungry, i had a takeway night before i started (alomost a 'last supper ' lol) i found it help as the next day i felt so bloated , that taking the shakes was a nice change. ive had a couple of low days where i had no energy and was crying, i think it was coupled with my little baby waking at night so i was reallly tired, but had a real energy boost again after that, really hope you like the plan and find it suits you, im sure youll be at target by the summer =) xxx

I found sw great but i need to lose the bulk first then go into healthy eating, like you I'll probably go back to sw eating after the cwp because it's easy & suits me.

I'm super tired at the moment anyway even after getting 6-7 hours sleep & like you said i think it's the food i'm eating. I'm pretty sure once the ketosis kicks in I'll feel better :D Not sure if you go into ketosis on step 2 (810cal) but it shouldn't take too long to get under 40bmi
I don't really have a target, i just want to feel healthier and obviously look slimmer, but I'm not fussed about being the perfect size 8 or whatnot, just what's right for me :)

Hiya and welcome :)

MY daughter is 21 months and very demanding at the min, it's like me and my shadow lol but i have found it pretty easy to stick to although she does pinch my water bottle and thinks it's hers and tell me "No" when i try to get it back haha but she thinks it's hilarious when i blend my shakes and sits intently watching me drink them then tries to shove a piece of toast in my face grrr .

I think you'll do just fine with a 3 month old, least they dont move when you put them down lol good luck with it all :) xx

Thank you! Yeah I thought it might be a good time to sort myself out while she's on liquid too lol! I'm going to get my partner to make his own food (not sure how that'll go down lol) so I don't have to have contact with food.

Aww what a cutie trying to feed you toast....poor mummy trying not to nibble! I'd find that quite hard, so well done! x

I think you can stay in ketosis on the 810 plan, i have to do the 1200 plan due to Warfarin but with CDC helps i'm aiming for mild ketosis by sticking to a mainly protein diet i.e im not having any bread,pasta, rice etc although i did have a pitta bread yday.

I went food shopping today which was surprisingly easy and just tucked into a lovely carb free stir fry :)

Its funny but since ive stopped the carbs the thought of potatoes or rice or pasta really makes me feel bloated, just hope it lasts long enough for me to lose all this hulk haha :)

I think you can stay in ketosis on the 810 plan, i have to do the 1200 plan due to Warfarin but with CDC helps i'm aiming for mild ketosis by sticking to a mainly protein diet i.e im not having any bread,pasta, rice etc although i did have a pitta bread yday.

I went food shopping today which was surprisingly easy and just tucked into a lovely carb free stir fry :)

Its funny but since ive stopped the carbs the thought of potatoes or rice or pasta really makes me feel bloated, just hope it lasts long enough for me to lose all this hulk haha :)

That's good to know! Stir fry sounds yum, did you just have the veg with no noodles/rice?

If you fancy sharing any meal ideas feel free ;) I'm trying to find veggie ideas for low carb meals

Back