Anyone Done the Cambridge Diet?

Guess that makes sense Lucy as the samples are for people who are thinking of trying the diet rather than people who have already tried it. If you're buying the packs in quantity for a month or so they're not that much different in price to the samples anyway. It does say that it's for a one off try and anyone ordering samples who has already had some will have their samples cancelled.

When I first started S&S they didn't do samples, or not on their website, but they used to send you a couple if you called them apparently. I guess it gets a bit time consuming / expensive to keep doing that when there is no guarantee that someone will buy more so now they offer samples at a reasonable price on the website.

I was going to do Exante initially too but the minimum order put me off and the fact that you had to have the flavours the bumper packs came in to get a decent price (back then it was like that). Then I came across S&S after a bit of googling (but on the web rather than on here) and they sold a week's variety pack back then that contained one of each flavour and was just want I wanted. As I'm a bit of a long termer now (in the S&S sense anyway as it's a pretty new company) Rob is always kind enough to send me a sample of anything new that he adds to the range and he's added 6 shakes, a soup and a meal since I started. Really nice of him and I've added 4 of those things to my list of staples since.

And even if you don't intend to actually do S&S it could be nice to utilise one of their meal packs for a special occasion (with or without veg) if you're eating with other people rather than sitting sipping a soup or a shake. Somehow it's more socially acceptable and makes people more willing to accept the diet if they see you eating something hot and looking like food. My OH never passes comment if I have a meal pack in the evening. If I have a shake instead (on the very odd occasion) he always asks why I'm not eating that night. He can't comprehend that nutritionally a shake is the same as one of the meal packs :). Being socially acceptable doesn't bother some people and nor does it bother them to explain about the diet but for others it's a real dilemma if they have to go somewhere and eat with people, especially those who aren't aware of the diet being followed and you don't want to go into details about it. A meal pack gets round that a little and they also provide a halfway house back to normality I think in a way that a totally liquid pack, or a bar that looks like a treat does not.

Back