Red Days Anyone dor red?

Momomummy

After doing slimming world for 11 months of slow losses I have ditched extra easy and am following the red plan. I think my body struggles with carbs so tomorrow I have my second weigh in on red plan. I lost 1.5lbs last week which is a big loss for me it's normally 1/2lb. Would love to hear from anyone else that follows red plan and how you get on. Thanks Rachel x

i alternate red and green and have losts over 2st doing that. i too struggle with carbs so i limit pasta, rice and couscous. good luck with wi! =]

Ooohhh, I'm so glad you started this thread. I've been looking for red day ideas, especially for lunch times. Any ideas appreciated.... x

I'm a red only girl

I find limiting carbs makes me feel better, less bloated and also keeps lid on my appetite at a reasonable level. Carbs seem to make me hungrier, when having them I try to stick to jacket potatoes / wedges but not too often and wholemeal bread.

Ooohhh, I'm so glad you started this thread. I've been looking for red day ideas, especially for lunch times. Any ideas appreciated.... x

i love doing stuffed mushrooms for lunch.
3 large mushrooms
1normal muchroom, finely chopped
1garlic clove, finely chopped
parsley
pepper
hex a cheese
1 slice of bread(hexb)
oil(syn it) OR use frylight

mix the breadcrumb, cheese, garlic, parsley, mushroom and pepper then add the oil or a spray of frylight, and mix.
spoon mixture into the mushrooms and place inthe oven for tenish mins around 180-200c

these are reaally nice with bacon and egg lol nom

I've just stated doing red days I'm the last 2 weeks and think I'm going to try stick to them limiting carbs seems to make me feel better and I'm not any hungrier which I was worried about!

I love red days but have never tried a full week of them... I might give it a go one week, bit awkward as on at least 2 normally 3 days other people cook for me, on a Tuesday my boyfriend does curry and rice but I could ask him to do curry and omelette... I'd have to stick with ee on a Wednesday as my mum cooks and if I asked for no potatoes or whatever all hell would break loose. But I could do a week of 6 red days and 1 ee, would have to plan it though and possibly when I'm feeling a bit more flush as they can be expensive.

Red definately suits me best. I lost 2 1/2 stone doing just red, but since I have been back on the plan, (having put a stone back on :break_diet:) I have been on EE and the losses are SLOW to say the least. Thanks for this thread as it has convinced me to go back onto Red. Good luck with your weigh in, let us know how you get on.

I love red days but have never tried a full week of them... I might give it a go one week, bit awkward as on at least 2 normally 3 days other people cook for me, on a Tuesday my boyfriend does curry and rice but I could ask him to do curry and omelette... I'd have to stick with ee on a Wednesday as my mum cooks and if I asked for no potatoes or whatever all hell would break loose. But I could do a week of 6 red days and 1 ee, would have to plan it though and possibly when I'm feeling a bit more flush as they can be expensive.

Could you try cauliflower rice to go with your curry instead? Also, you are allowed to have potatoes as part of your Healthy Extra B choice. :)

Last edited:
Could you try cauliflower rice to go with your curry instead? Also, you are allowed to have potatoes as part of your Healthy Extra B choice. :)

I don't like using my HEX on red and green days for things other then the ones on ee, its just a weird thing I have, I would do that at my mums. But she peels the potatoes no matter how she's doing them so I wouldn't be able to use them as a B choice anyway :(

I've never tried the cauliflower rice, I should give it a go :)

I only do red and green days and got to target beautifully on them. EE doesnt suit everyone, I lost 2.5 stone on red and green. Got a beef joint in the slow cooker, going to do veg with it. Mmmmmm. And perhaps a HEB potato, roasted S W way. :)

I don't like using my HEX on red and green days for things other then the ones on ee, its just a weird thing I have, I would do that at my mums. But she peels the potatoes no matter how she's doing them so I wouldn't be able to use them as a B choice anyway :(

I've never tried the cauliflower rice, I should give it a go :)

Mums! :rolleyes:

Beware the cauliflower rice though, I stank out my office at work last week. The shame!

Mums! :rolleyes:

Beware the cauliflower rice though, I stank out my office at work last week. The shame!

I'll bear that in mind, will make it a home thing :)

How do you make it again, am I right in thinking, grate it and then either boil or do it in the microwave? Or am I missing something?

I'll bear that in mind, will make it a home thing :)

How do you make it again, am I right in thinking, grate it and then either boil or do it in the microwave? Or am I missing something?

I use my food processor - much less danger of shredding my knuckles! - and just whizz it down into rice size pieces (separate the florets out quite a bit first though or you might end up with mush and HUGE lumps!). I then put it into a micorwaveable dish, cover with cling film - do not add water! - and give it a couple of minutes - the time will depend on how much you're doing obviously.

I love red days as I find I don't feel hungry between meals meaning I snack less. I use a lot of spaghetti squash to replace pasta. It's delicious and really filling. I may have to give the cauliflower rice a try as that sounds like it could be good with chilli.

What is spaghetti squash?

It sounds interesting. I struggle to do red as I never know what to have with meals as i dont really like salad unless it is smothered in salad cream (full fat salad cream as well unfourtunatley)

x

I've never managed to get spaghetti squash. I would love to try it - I'm guessing it should be coming into season about now, I must remember to have a look out for it.

The other alternative to pasta is courgette and carrot ribbons. You use a "Y" vegetable peeler to get lovely wide (but thin) strips and then steam them for a moment or two. This is nice with bolognaise sauce.

x Lulu x said:
What is spaghetti squash?

It sounds interesting. I struggle to do red as I never know what to have with meals as i dont really like salad unless it is smothered in salad cream (full fat salad cream as well unfourtunatley)

x

It's a green squash, once roasted the middle comes out in spaghetti strings.
I used to get mine in waitrose but it's a bit hit and miss if they have any. Now I order a box from a local farm and if they are stored in a cool place last 6-8 weeks

Back