Anyone eating more than 1200 calories???

slim2012 said:
I was on a VLCD a few months back but only for a short time but I previously lost 7 stone on one-and gained it all back when I got pregnant.I have always always had a problem with chocolate and junk food even when I was a teenager(and I'm 43 now)/.I may be wrong but I don't want to risk eating it so near to the start of this-once I get into the swing of things and get used to it I may try and incorporate some into my diet plan but I don't feel strong enough yet. I did have some homemade fruit flan yesterday to use up some more calories and actually did eat my cals limit yesterday.First weigh in tomorrow so I'll see what this week has been like.

I do agree about not eating things you have a problem with at the outset - I did the same with chocolate at first, but can now eat it every day in limited quantities (a Ripple with my evening coffee, yum!). I truly have a problem with sweet stuff too, especially cake! I only allow myself cake every week or two, at the weekend, lol. I'm almost 52, and that addiction is going nowhere!! :D What I would suggest for you to get your calories up, is other things like nuts (almonds are great) or cheese - calorie dense but not filling. :) xx

Hope you don't mind me jumping into the middle of your thread and introducing myself! I lost lots of weight (over 9 stone) on a VLCD a few years ago and since then have put a couple of stone back on again. I don't want to be back to my lowest weight (I was very skinny) but I would like to be around a stone less than I am now. I've been maintaining in a number of ways using My Fitness Pal. My current weight loss approach is to eat 1200 net calories a day, eating extra calories if I do exercise. This has the benefit of encouraging me to exercise!

Hope you don't mind me jumping into the middle of your thread and introducing myself! I lost lots of weight (over 9 stone) on a VLCD a few years ago and since then have put a couple of stone back on again. I don't want to be back to my lowest weight (I was very skinny) but I would like to be around a stone less than I am now. I've been maintaining in a number of ways using My Fitness Pal. My current weight loss approach is to eat 1200 net calories a day, eating extra calories if I do exercise. This has the benefit of encouraging me to exercise!

Which is fine for you, as if you have 10lbs to lose according to your stats. The OP of the question has 14 stone to lose according to her stats. Your approach is therefore not appropriate for the OP.

Congratulations on losing 9 stones though! Thats awesome work.

Sorry - I wasn't trying to say that the OP should take the same approach as me - I was just explaining what I was doing calorie wise. I often end up having more like 1600 calories a day so I thought that the subject was appropriate.

Thanks for the congrats! You're going great guns too - 73 lbs! You must be feeling fantastic :)

I am having more than 1200 calories per day but not everyday because sometimes I have just half of 1200 so I am kind of disturbed diet plan with exercise and diet not in consistency :)

The minimum for a man is 1,500, you certainly shouldn't be having less than that.

Thanks-good idea with the cheese :) I also might try slightly larger portions too of things like meat and fish.

Hi everyone just wondering if I should be eating more cals ? I'm on 1200 per day not sure if this is too low but also worried as if I up my cals will my losses slow down although only lost 1/2 last week so can't get much slower ! I am and have been exercising for the last 3 months I run 5 miles twice a week and cycle on my exercise bike 30 miles per week plus I do weight training once a week . Any advice would be great thanks x

katsmad64 said:
Hi everyone just wondering if I should be eating more cals ? I'm on 1200 per day not sure if this is too low but also worried as if I up my cals will my losses slow down although only lost 1/2 last week so can't get much slower ! I am and have been exercising for the last 3 months I run 5 miles twice a week and cycle on my exercise bike 30 miles per week plus I do weight training once a week . Any advice would be great thanks x

Ooh yes, you should definitely be eating more, especially if you're exercising - do you at least eat back your exercise calories? :) xx

Hi TracyGWill I do some times or I may have half of them . Was thinking of going up to 1400 does this sound ok ? Thanks x

Just been on mfp plus also did Harris Benedict Equation and on mfp says to loose 1.5 lbs per week I should be having 1440 calls per day and on H-B-E it says 1585 per day . So have decided to go for somewhere in between at 1500 cals and see how it goes . Hope to get the 1.5 lb per week I would be really happy with that plus will be able to have extra upping the cals by 300 per day ! My " official " weigh in is Thursday so Ill update you next week as how I've got on with a 1.5 loss I hope . Good luck on the scales this week x

Just been on mfp plus also did Harris Benedict Equation and on mfp says to loose 1.5 lbs per week I should be having 1440 calls per day and on H-B-E it says 1585 per day . So have decided to go for somewhere in between at 1500 cals and see how it goes . Hope to get the 1.5 lb per week I would be really happy with that plus will be able to have extra upping the cals by 300 per day ! My " official " weigh in is Thursday so Ill update you next week as how I've got on with a 1.5 loss I hope . Good luck on the scales this week x

Just remember when you initially up your calories you could see a slight gain. You shouldn't with the jump your taking but it's worth keeping in the back of your mind so you're not disappointed come WI.

You need to give it a month on the new calorie level before you make any further decisions.

katsmad64 said:

That seems like a good figure to aim for. I started off higher than that, but I had a lot more to lose! My weight isn't really dropping any more, maybe the odd pound here and there, but nothing much to speak of, lol. I hope you get the results you want. :) xx

Back