Anyone else do this?

sbridge7

Silver Member
I've still got a long way to go before I start maintenance, but I'm still concerned about maintening. Therefore, I've taken to making daily menus, basing the calories on what I would need to maintain. I know I've still got a long way to go. but this way of planning feels as though it will make everything more logical and will be isntrumental in keeping the weight off for good.

I know what you mean, but i already decided once i worked my way up the plans at what ever stage i come off cd that i'll go to weight watchers and maintain/lose through them as never wanna do cd again:D

Last edited:
not done that so far but you need to share this fun hun.....lol
i am going to need ideas!
all i have so far is low GI cookbooks....and more thought about balance
xx

That's a really good idea! I've just ordered a carb counter pocket sized book so once I've got that, I might do the same!

I know it's not totally related but I think what I will do is just keep in mind that if I burn off enough calories during the day then I won't put weight back on.

If you burn the same amount as you eat then everything will be fine - I think I'll get a pedometer, it can do the talking and I'll do the walking :D

Dappymare, I think that's a good idea to help with future maintenance.

LizMB and Lizzylocket maybe invest in 101 Low-fat Feasts ("Good Food")- it has conventional dishes with lower fat ingredients. Plus foodfocus, is a great calorie counter. It allows you to add your food for the day and totals the calories. I think calorie counting for me, after CD will be the easiest way forward for me for a while :)

I know it's not totally related but I think what I will do is just keep in mind that if I burn off enough calories during the day then I won't put weight back on.

If you burn the same amount as you eat then everything will be fine - I think I'll get a pedometer, it can do the talking and I'll do the walking :D

Pedometers are great, I will definitely maintain a good level of walking after CD :)

Back