Anyone else doing SW with PCOS

xmelonxx

Hello Im mel I am new here. I have been suffering PCOS for a while now and the effects are making me so down :-(

I Decided to kick start my life and quit smoking, started excersing and started SW last week, I so far lost 5lbs in week 1. So im so motivated to keep going. :)

I am just purley sticking to Red days as I need to cut carbs/fat/sugar to battle my pcos symptoms. (PCOS suffered bodies cant break down sugar = weight gain)

Im doing well and I will looking foward to meeting you all :D

Hello !!! Sorry to have missed you.

I am not sure what PCOS is so can not respond to your question.

5lbs weight loss in your first week is wonderful. Well done.

Welcome to this brilliant place. There will always be someone here to help you.

hugs xxx

Hi,

I have PCOS and im doing slimming world. Its taken me a while but im sticking to it and determined to shift this weight iv gained!
Iv lost so far a stone, iv been hovering around the 1 stone mark a month or so now and i keep getting to a stone then back again etc etc.
However iv been speaking to others on here with PCOS and underactive thiroid as iv been told by doctors i have both but they are not treating me with anything except the pill for my periods.
Iv since learnt that im best trying red days so iv moved from ee/green to red this week to see if i can do any better with red days.
5lbs is a fab loss well done!
Keep up the hard work!
Kirsty

Hiya Mel and welcome to SW and Minimins! Congratulations on a 5lb loss in your first week :8855:

I was diagnosed as being borderline PCOS back in 2002/2003. I had the irregular periods, excessive hair, elevated levels of testosterone and obesity aspects, and some cysts on my ovaries (can't remember too much about it now to be honest!). Whether I'm still borderline I don't know. I know that my periods have become more regular since losing 5 stone.

If you don't mind me asking, are you on any treatment for PCOS? I was prescribed Dianette for the excessive hair back in 2003, but had to stop taking it after a month as it gave me a DVT :sigh: They then did 3 years of laser treatment on my face, but because my hair isn't very dark it didn't really work. I've just resigned myself to the fact that I've probably still got it, and I'll just have to live with the symptoms :)

Good luck with the weight loss hun! xxx

EDIT: Oops, didn't mean to put the rolling around on the floor smiley. I meant to put this one! :bliss:

Last edited:
Hi,

However iv been speaking to others on here with PCOS and underactive thiroid as iv been told by doctors i have both but they are not treating me with anything except the pill for my periods.

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty, I have an under-active thyroid and take thyroxine. If your is under-active you should be on this too. Your condition inhibits weight loss so you have done remarkably well.

Mine was extremely low and I was prescribed 200 mgms a day, I started on a lower dose and it was increased until the right level was reached, doses start from 25 mgms. It makes a terrific difference so please try and talk to your doctor.

I have looked up PCOS, Poly-cystic ovary syndrome , so now I know what it is.

Hi Kirsty, I have an under-active thyroid and take thyroxine. If your is under-active you should be on this too. Your condition inhibits weight loss so you have done remarkably well.

Mine was extremely low and I was prescribed 200 mgms a day, I started on a lower dose and it was increased until the right level was reached, doses start from 25 mgms. It makes a terrific difference so please try and talk to your doctor.

I have looked up PCOS, Poly-cystic ovary syndrome , so now I know what it is.
Hiya, I have borderline underactive thiroid its constantly changing from under to borderline etc so the doctors wont give me it! I am going again next month to get blood tests again if it shows up same im demanding it :) as im determined this time!

Hello Im mel I am new here. I have been suffering PCOS for a while now and the effects are making me so down :-(

I Decided to kick start my life and quit smoking, started excersing and started SW last week, I so far lost 5lbs in week 1. So im so motivated to keep going. :)

I am just purley sticking to Red days as I need to cut carbs/fat/sugar to battle my pcos symptoms. (PCOS suffered bodies cant break down sugar = weight gain)

Im doing well and I will looking foward to meeting you all :D

well done on you 5lb weightloss - fab!!

i have PCOS and i do slimming world. i mainly stick to Extra Easy days and never have any problems with it, as long as i follow the plan, i can eat wot i like and still have a loss. i have been doing SW for coming up to two years in May and so far i have lost 6 stone, hope this helps x

I am on dianette for hair and skin, my skin flares up quite bad with redness and pimples not spots. Its good for that but making my mood swings quite bad! Seeing how it goes for a few months. I was prescibed metformin when diagnosed but didnt take it.

Thanks everyone

Back