Anyone else giving up something for Lent?

Good to see everyone doing well.

For those who are also giving up chocolate, are you giving up chocolate bars/cakes/absolutely everything chocolatey? x

Good to see everyone doing well.

For those who are also giving up chocolate, are you giving up chocolate bars/cakes/absolutely everything chocolatey? x

I've given up all sweet junk! So chocs, sweets, cakes and biscuits - I haven't made it easy for myself have I?! I just know what I'm like and if I had of just said choc - I would have replaced choc for something else :)

Day 3 and I'm feeling really positive! This is the first time I can remember where I've gone this long without sweet things!

Well done to everyone else!

Just like to say well done to every one who has given something up for lent.
I'm finding giving up bread quite hard, but it's this thread keeps me going because I want to get here each evening and announce that I have completed another day.

So here I am day 3 complete ;)

Another day is ending.

2 out of three ain't bad!

Within calories
Didn't make my exercise goal ;-(
no chocolate

Day 3 done
37 days still to go!

Judith & Pickle

Fell flat on my face and had chocolate yesterday. It's my only vice and i knew it was adventurous but i'm always willing to at least try.

Good luck to everyone who is continuing with this x

There's nothing stopping you baby blue continuing with us all, it's only one little hic up, and you can take Sundays off give yourself a reward for being good in the week ! Xx

Yea I'm still on plan although today and tomorrow are where I'm likely to overeat so gonna get some exercise in later to give me some more cals x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've given up crisps sweets &chocolate for lent every year for about 10 years. Unfortunately this year I completely forgot about it as I've been a bit zonked from night shifts :( I didn't have actual chocolate but Wednesday night I had a hot chocolate on accident - i don't know if that counts?! I've decided to give up pasta too this year as I'm such a pasta fiend it may help my weight loss battle :)

Oh, I always intend on give up alcohol too but it's too difficult during rugby season !

I've given up chocolate as well but I'm still allowing myself hot chocolate drink as think I'm more likely to stick to not eating chocolate bars ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

End of day 4... Did have a slight wobble when we had lunch T Greg's, no jacket potatoes because they hadn't been delivered, and everything else was smothered in greasy pastry or bread.
They dug out a pasta dish in the fridge out the back, it wasn't very nice :(
How's everybody else going ?

Am having Sundays off and did have a small slice of lovely fresh bread today at my brothers, will have to plan carefully this week as I am at home and will be quite tempting to just grab a butty for lunch but I am so chuffed that I have got this far x

I've still not had any pastry! *success*
No pie, no tart, no quiche, no croissants...people I've told mocked me for giving up something like that but when I explained that actually it meant quite a lot of things they realised it was more tricky than they thought! :)

Day 6 and all is well.

Yesterday didn't make my exercise goal but I have done today. Kept within calories as well (just). And 6 whole days without chocolate. I won't go down the shop tonight so its still all well with me.

How is everyone else doing?

Judith & Pickle

Not bad messed up one day without thinking and had a tiny bit of cheese on top of Shepards pie boo

Back