Anyone else giving up something for Lent?

Hi all, I shall do my best to have no sugar or sweetner in my tea (though when visiting the In-Laws that will be really tough as they are obviously not natural tea makers!)

Good luck to everyone :) Challenge starts today.

Hi,

I am giving up chocolate ... and I'll be taking something up ~ not going over my calorie allowance and making sure I get 200 exercise calories in a day.

I, too, can do with all the help and support I can get ~ willing to give the same as well.

Judith & Pickle

Good for you you can do it ! I am going to miss my cheese but think it is going to make a big difference to my cals lol

Glad to see I am not alone! Good luck to everyone!

BTW - I'm not doing it for religious reasons, however, I think it's easier to give something up for a reason and at least if someone offers me something, I can say that I have given it up for Lent. It sounds better than saying I'm on a diet! That may not work for someone else but I am hoping it does for me :)

I'll give up broccoli, sprouts, green beans and cabbage. Shouldn't be too hard :p

Day 1 complete.

39 days to go.

No chocolate
Within calories
Burnt well over 200 calories through exercise.
even had some fruit and veg today as well.

Judith & Pickle

Day one complete for me too, going to have Sundays off I have decided, so will be doing 40 days not 46

fell at first hurdle, OH made me a cuppa last night with a sugar in!! I drank half before I even realised! I will still continue to try again.

so far so good.

off to cook dinner but...
within calories
exercised over 200 calories worth (over 13900 steps today!)
no chocolate ~ and no money to buy any.

So another day done.

2 down 38 to go!

Judith & Pickle

it seems like lent is making me give up something. Got braces in on pancake day and i still can't eat solid food :p

Poor HannaTa

Hope you get to eat solid food soon.

Day 2 complete for me ~ Kitchen is closed for the night and I'm off to bed in a wee while.

Hope my fellow Pilgrims are doing well.

Judith & Pickle

Back