Anyone else going out at weekend?

redfluffmonster

A couple of weeks ago (before starting Lt) I organised a girls night out in town for this Saturday! Now sort of regretting it as I will have to sip sparkling water all evening.:wave_cry: I don't want to tell everyone what I'm doing so might just say that I'm driving (sounds a bit tame mind).

Anyone else going out or are we all hibernating until refeed??

You will find that you will enjoy yourself just as much without drinking. I dreaded the first time I had to go out and not eat or drink anything. Surprisingly, it was no big deal with anyone. I just said that I was on a strict detox and diet so I could have no booze and also said that I had eaten enough for the day. No one batted an eyelid and I had my sparkling water all night. Better still, I had no hangover the next day!!
You have to get on with life. There is no point in being a hermit or you will feel deprived. I also feel that it is good to see that we can have a good night out without stuffing our faces or quaffing a load of wine.
So my advice is, go out, enjoy yourself but without alcohol or food.

Second what Irish Molly has said. I went out loads, still do. And stick to Soda Water, no lemon and I don't even offer up a reason why I am not drinking. We are all growns up (well most of us) and don't have to justify our choices.

I was asked once 'why aren't you drinking'... I replied, waving my glass ' Erm I am drinking!! Look!'. It is quite empowering being direct sometimes... try it. A simple 'because I don't want too' works a treat too. Lisa x

You will find that you will enjoy yourself just as much without drinking. I dreaded the first time I had to go out and not eat or drink anything. Surprisingly, it was no big deal with anyone. I just said that I was on a strict detox and diet so I could have no booze and also said that I had eaten enough for the day. No one batted an eyelid and I had my sparkling water all night. Better still, I had no hangover the next day!!
You have to get on with life. There is no point in being a hermit or you will feel deprived. I also feel that it is good to see that we can have a good night out without stuffing our faces or quaffing a load of wine.
So my advice is, go out, enjoy yourself but without alcohol or food.

That's what I say to anyone who asks why I'm not eating or drinking alcohol, I tell them I'm on a detox, anyway all the hollywood stars are on detox diets:D

I'm going on a 4-day trip to Belfast next weekend.
Thankfully, my friend knows I'm on Lipotrim. But she still has to go out at night and eat, so I'm just gonna sit there opposite her, watching her eat, while sipping my water :sigh:

I think that's gonna be a big test! But I will take my shakes with me. And I'm gonna try to be good!

Oh wow SF, that sounds tough!!!! I was open about my diet and if people didn't like it then I just ignored it and supped on my sparkling water. I was never a big drinker anyway.

I never found it very tough - but, I'm not a big drinker anyway, so, people don't anticipate seeing me drinking, I don't think.

But, if you don't want to tell them, you could just say you're on a diet. If you were calorie counting you'd still have to think carefully about how much you drank!

But, don't let LT stop you from going out or having fun - you'll only resent it & it'll make it much harder to stick with. Besides, how much more fun are you going to have when you can wear what you want to go out? :)

Hope you have a great night! Good luck!

Hannah

Back