Anyone else have a big weight loss first week and small the second?

d14

I lost 5.5lbs last week and only 1.5lbs this week, it really upset me more than I thought it would...:sigh:

Has anyone else experienced this? I know you lose most weight in the first week but I thought i'd be losing 2-4lbs a week for the first few since I have quite a lot of weight to lose :(

I'm doing a mix of green, ee and red...I try to eat superfree with every meal even if i'm doing a green or red day. I only eat until i'm full and i'm doing the 30 day shred every morning (started level 2 on monday)

Before SW I was rarely eating fruit or much veg, lots of processed meals, takeaways, massive portions and no exercise. I wonder if next week will be better or if I should just prepare myself for 1-2lbs every week from now on?

:confused::(

I don't expect to lost 2lbs+ every week, I just though the first 1-3 weeks would have bigger loses (more than 2lbs, less than 5lbs) and then 1-2lbs every week after that I suppose. Maybe I just had my hopes too high lol x

"Anyone else have a big weight loss first week and small the second?" - judging from the posts on this forum, nearly everyone, I should think.

You have lost half a stone in 2 weeks.
Would you have been as disappointed if you'd lost 4lb then 3lb? Or 3.5 and 3.5? I doubt it.

1-2lb is a good weight loss on SW.

Jaylou I just said that in another thread actually, good thinking! I was upset last night about it but much more positive today. If I lost 3.5lbs on week one and 3.5lbs yesterday, i'd be delighted. So i'm not going to let it upset me! I got my half stone award on week two, i'm eating healthy meals and I feel great...I should be proud of myself!

Its a great loss - and well done!!!

I think i lost 5.5 my first week and then 1lb the next!

I also think that as you are 'shredding' you will find it a little harder to lose the lbs, as its such an intense workout. Fair play though, I love Jillian! xxx

This happened to me, I lost 5lbs the first week and then 1.5 the next and I was gutted :( Like you I thought my big losses would continue.
I stuck with it though and I lost 5.5lbs the next week. Since Ive joined I always seem to have a better loss every other week so I try to average my losses to figure out how much Im loosing a week now which makes me feel better :)

Its a great loss - and well done!!!

I think i lost 5.5 my first week and then 1lb the next!

I also think that as you are 'shredding' you will find it a little harder to lose the lbs, as its such an intense workout. Fair play though, I love Jillian! xxx

Ooh its nice to know someone else had the same losses as me! It was hard on me at first but now im just glad..i'm half a stone lighter than I was two weeks so I shouldn't be sad about that!

I do think i'm gaining some muscle from the shred, before I wasn't working out at all, now i'm kicking my own butt with the shred every morning! x

When I did SW the first time round I lost 3.5 the first week then only 0.5 the next week. Like you I was gutted but after that I lost on average 2lb a week until I was at target. It's just your body adjusting to your new diet. Don't let it get to you. When you look back at the end of this month you will be so chuffed with your weight loss that one lowish week (not that I think 1.5 is low I'd be well chuffed with that) will not even matter.

Well done on your loss so far!

This happened to me, I lost 5lbs the first week and then 1.5 the next and I was gutted :( Like you I thought my big losses would continue.
I stuck with it though and I lost 5.5lbs the next week. Since Ive joined I always seem to have a better loss every other week so I try to average my losses to figure out how much Im loosing a week now which makes me feel better :)

Yeah it was very disappointing last night! I thought I would have big losses for at least the first month, I knew my first week would be the biggest loss but I thought for the next couple of weeks i'd be losing 3-4lbs! I am more positive today though, glad to have lost 7lbs in two weeks x

When I did SW the first time round I lost 3.5 the first week then only 0.5 the next week. Like you I was gutted but after that I lost on average 2lb a week until I was at target. It's just your body adjusting to your new diet. Don't let it get to you. When you look back at the end of this month you will be so chuffed with your weight loss that one lowish week (not that I think 1.5 is low I'd be well chuffed with that) will not even matter.

Well done on your loss so far!

thank you! x

Thats amazing Elle :) just wondering how long it took you? I have roughly 5 1/2 stone left to lose! x

Thats amazing Elle :) just wondering how long it took you? I have roughly 5 1/2 stone left to lose! x

I was a very slow loser, it took me 2 years. But some people lose and keep on plan 100% and lose it LOADS faster! xxx

when my mum did the plan in the past she lost 13lb in the first week then nothing for the next 3 she was so dissapointed and said she would rather of had losses every week than to feel continually dissapointed the following three yet her weightloss for the four weeks was good when you think of it

Well my first week I lose 3.5, second 4.5, last night 1.5. But I was pretty happy with that. So pleased they work with half pounds though lol everything sounds better with a half added on.

Anyway, I started with nearly 7 stone to lose. So 9 and half pound knocked off that already and its been only 3 weeks. I must admit I did expect big losses for at least the first 3 or 4 weeks but again if I lose 1.5 or even 1 every week ill be happy, as long as its going down not up! Come on hun, we will get there x

I lost 4 first week and sts 2nd week and next 2 weeks only a 1lb but it's better off than on so I'm happy you should be proud of yourself you are in the right direction and a 1lb is actually more than you think when you actually feel a 1lb it's affair bit.

Back