Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Anyone else have a terrible habit of weighing every day?!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LadyHemlock, 28 January 2009 Social URL.

1. LadyHemlock

LadyHemlock Helsinki Vampire

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.8lb(21.93%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm getting a little obsessed with the scales before bed and in the morning:rolleyes:

Does anyone else feel like the scales don't move for 2 or 3 days even though they're 100% ss?:mad:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eyeontheprize

eyeontheprize can see the end in sight!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(37.98%)
    Diet:
    Currently - Cambridge SS+
    i do that! i am going to have to stop. one day i will lose half a pound, another day i will lose 1 and a half pounds. as long as it goes down i am happy. but i dread when TOTM rolls around and i either put on or sts. will have to guzzle water that week.

but i wish i could wait to be weighed in weekly but i am too impatient!!

4. bigtummymummy

bigtummymummy Mand

Diet:
    slimming world
    Yeah i'm doing the same, sometimes three times a day... it's starting to become an obsession.... i weigh myself and if it has gone up slightly (due to the water intake) or not moved, i go do 5 min on my stepper.... not sure wether this is a good thing i am getting into, although i think it is better than eating.

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I always weighed daily while I was on Cambridge, and still do in maintenance. It's recommended for maintenance anyway.

It's only a terrible habit if what you read on the scales makes you come off plan (whether it's a good reading or bad), or depresses you.

Whatever you do though, only take the once a week reading as the formal one, and never, judge your success by what a daily reading on the scales say.

Your success will come from how well you keep on the diet, not from a piece of machinery....digital or otherwise.

6. LadyHemlock

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.8lb(21.93%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm so impatient too!:rolleyes: I keep thinking I'm the same weight I was when I started ss even though I've lost 15lbs! It's weird!:8855:

7. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I keep weighing every morning, even though I keep telling myself I won't! And yes, I am being 100% and the scales are hardly shifting :(

8. LadyHemlock

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.8lb(21.93%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    KD, I probably shouldn't weigh every day! When it doesn't go down for a couple of days I get depressed, or when I seem to have miraculously put on 2lbs overnight when I'm 100% and guzzling water like mad! I know its normal; I just want to be healthy and happy again:D

9. Busybee

Busybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.73%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I confess, I weigh myself every morning and now I am on week 3, they don't move as quickly as they did on week 1. Now normally at this point on SS, I would feel diappointed and say what the hell, but I have taken on board the wise words of wiser people than I and told myself this is how the diet works and a loss of 5lb is better than no loss. Using my mind rather than losing my mind.
    I am starting to get the hang of this control thing and I like it........now can I get the hoover to move without me actually pushing it just using my mind..................:D

10. LadyHemlock

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.8lb(21.93%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hey that's a great idea!:D Maybe if we all get together and concentrate hard enough:gen126: we could move your hoover for you!:party0038:

11. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I weigh 1x a day when I can, in the morning right out of bed. I used to only be able to do this 3x a week or 2x, during weekends, but now I have my very own scales here in studentplace which I find useful for doing the steps up etc.

I agree that it can be bad if you ''eat'' based on the scales though, but as long as you're not terribly obsessed stepping on and off them every hour I think you'll be fine. If it troubles you, you can always ask a family member to hide them for you ;-)

Good luck,

x

12. quizzicalgrrl

quizzicalgrrl Posting Mad!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge 810
    I am an obssessive weigher :(

13. wishful

wishful Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    there were weeks where i would weigh myself everyday and lose a pound everyday. it sort of encouraged me to do longer hours at the gym :D

14. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    I am the same first thing in the morning, but some days it never moves :-(
    How much exercise do you do on CD? Im interested because I know you aren't surpost to do too much but would like to start now.

15. (Land of) Maz

(Land of) Maz Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Shake That Weight
    i weighed myself several times a day in my first week, and enjoyed seeing the downward trend each morning, but it still gave a false account and i'd lost less when i went to my CDC... (although it was evening and i knew i'd weigh heavier)

This second week i have limited myself to twice a day and haven't noticed the same downward trend obviously as wk2 will slow down...

I just wish my scales didn't weigh lighter than CDC's... it gives me false hope!

after weigh in, i'm gonna try to cut back to once a day, and do that for a week, by then i might be able to kick the habit entirely!!!

16. cat-bee

cat-bee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.61%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro-Points
    I weigh once, first thing in the morning (after I pee of course, Lol)....I used to be really obssessed about weighing myself but then realised that when I saw the scales were not moving as much as I liked, Id get fed up, and it was usually the trigger for me giving up (on previous diets)...:(

Cat Bee x

17. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

I never used to weigh at all and when i was about 10wks into CD I bought some scales, i do find them useful especially now i have just started moving up the plans to maintenance, I don't let the number affect me though as I have realised how it moves up and down 1-5 lbs over the week, it can be a good indicator for seeing how different foods affect me too. I can get a little obsessed on WI day though as I want to predict what the CDC's scales are going to say!!

xx

18. AG1981

AG1981 Gold Member

Diet:
    Undecided
    I jump out of bed every morning and run downstairs to get weighed. It's an addiction, but I don't get on at any other time in the day because I know i'll weigh more then and don't want to see them go up even though I know it's because i've drank loads of liquid

19. Busybee

Busybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.73%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I am with you Land of Maz, my scales are different from the CDC's and I get weighed in the evening so I know things will be different. I nowknow that her scales are different from mine by 2lbs so whatever I weigh in the morning of WI, i take 2lbs off so I expect the diappointment - I hope that makes sense, its called handling the diappointment. That said I still groan when I weigh in......

20. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    LOL. I don't move my hoover. It's robotic :cool:

Love that saying! Will remember that :)

21. DeckingJim

DeckingJim Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(25.84%)
    Diet:
    LL then band on 10 Mar 2009
    Hi
    I weigh myself daily 1st thing in morning just to keep an eye on progress
    I dont put too much emphasis on this as my LLc scales weigh more but probably because my class is on an evening
    The only weight I really count is at my class
    Whilst my scales say I have lost more I only quote losses from the class
    When I get to management I will continue to weigh daily as going forwardI want to keep a close track on my weight
    Cheers
    James

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.