Anyone else have relatively slow losses on Exante?

Dreamer

Gold Member
Hi everyone. I've just started Exante (again) a week ago, and although I've lost a lot (under 6lbs though) first week on it, I know I tend to slow down to 3lbs per week on TS. That seems a rather low loss. I also am quite active...and since in its simplest form weight loss = calories in < calories out, I should be losing around 5 lbs a week (I know my BMR). If you account for initial slowing of metabolism for being on a VLCD, I'd still expect at least 4lbs a week. It's not a huge problem, but since I'm only doing the diet for about 4 weeks as a kickstart, it would have been nice to be able to lose at least a stone in that time.

Anybody else have losses as low as 3lbs a week on Exante?

3 pounds a week is still a stone per month, that's not slow really. WW, SW and all the other diets can't boast that huge loss every single month. I think slowness is probably perception - sorry to be blunt but i would estimate my losses at 3lb a week too. I think also there's a lot of other factors, like how overweight you are to begin with, how active you are and how many times you lick the spoon when serving ice cream to the family. We are all in it together here - HUGS.

I have some really slow weeks followed by some great weeks. When i did CD i only lost 7lbs in the first week, 2lbs the next week but then 9lbs the 3rd week. I guess im going to be the same this time round....lost 8lbs first week, 2 last week. If were sticking to the plan we will lose weight, some quicker than others....but we'll all get there xx

My first week's loss was 6 which I was really happy with. I'm on WS so I'd be happy to lose 3 a week. Not sure I'd be so happy with that on TS as it looks so hard!!! xx

It's not bad, it's more that other people seem to boast bigger losses week on week. 12lbs in 4 weeks for me, and about 18lbs+ for others with similar BMI as me (obese), who do no exercise. I go to the gym 3 hours a week, and walk an hour briskly a day too. And I don't have a family, so no ice cream spoon to lick! I'm happy enough with 3lbs a week though :)

I worked out what my average weight loss should be...going by calories i used to wat to what im having now and i should supposedly lose 5lbs a week....but need to remember thats just textbook facts....our bodies are all different :) If i could lose 14-16lbs a month i'll be very happy. On any other diet id be looking at maybe a stone of in the first month followed by about 7lbs a month so to expect double that every month for me is fab! xx

Babystar, I did CD too and was similar to you, one week high, one week low. I'm more consistent on Exante. I like that aspect of this diet!

QueenBizzle, I think that's my issue...I'm doing without food, and not going to social functions, etc, when I think I could lose 2lbs a week easily by calorie counting. It doesn't seem worth it to do TS for just an extra pound a week! However, I need to finish the packs anyhow so I'll keep going :)

Yeah dreamer it is kind of funny to see people who weigh less losing more. Maybe your exercise is slowing it down a bit too. Fat to muscle and all that! Good luck xxx

Babystar, I worked out about 14100 cals deficit a week, 4lbs! So 3 isn't actually low, considering metabolism comes down. I guess others just have bodies that gets rid quicker! And maybe you're right about the exercise and I'm retaining more muscle from going to the gym too (fat chance, but here's hoping!).

Thanks for all the input people :)

V

Keep at it hun, your doing fab! And even if the exercise does slow it down a tiny bit think how fit and toned you'll be when u get there. Your doing this the correct way.....and resuls will show, however long it takes to get there xxx

I actually have terrible losses on Exante sometimes. In December I was losing less than 2lbs a week and that was being 100% with no drinks except water, green tea or peppermint tea. Before that though my losses were fine - anywhere between 3-4lbs a week so I think my metabolism just decided to turn into a slug.

Joanne, I see you're on Weight Watchers now from your stats, or was that in the past. I'm thinking of transitioning to WW after finishing my packs, about 5 weeks from now. How did you find that? Or did you stick with Exante despite the slow loss?

3lbs is pretty good but before you panic Id wait and see how it averages out over the month

I'm ok with it, just thought it was a bit slow for a vlcd, but in any case I was planning to shift over to a healthy eating plan after finishing this batch anyhow and getting into the overweight BMI range. I think I've maybe just got the wrong end of the stick from all the people sharing their big losses....I guess perhaps not as many people with smaller losses share it so often.

I have accepted that we are all different :cry: and prior to this diet we all had different eating habits. I cook for my family and dont lick etc but because since starting this diet I bleed between periods my losses will be different:cry:. Annoying, but well so is being fat. I had 3 weeks I lost 1, 3, 1 but next week 7lbs baby:). So far have lost 48.1lbs in 13 weeks now thus a lot and I am now just getting on with it. If av stuck with it 100% or 99 if I have coffee with milk :) then I will lose something still.

If we all stick to it then the pounds will drop off:) x

When I joined CD I was told that I would lose on average btwn 3-4 lb per week which is exactly what you are suppose to, so I think 3lb a week consistently is great. I've got it in my head approx a stone a month, what other diets can boast that?

The losses on this diet can be something of a rollercoster, one week you can have a massive loss, and the next stay the same despite being 100%. But the main thing to look at is the bigger picture - what other diet can give you such a fast route overall to weight loss?

The losses on this diet can be something of a rollercoster, one week you can have a massive loss, and the next stay the same despite being 100%. But the main thing to look at is the bigger picture - what other diet can give you such a fast route overall to weight loss?

Well said....

Joanne, I see you're on Weight Watchers now from your stats, or was that in the past. I'm thinking of transitioning to WW after finishing my packs, about 5 weeks from now. How did you find that? Or did you stick with Exante despite the slow loss?

I actually stuck it out for quite a while but it was just getting harder by the day to stick to. I only moved over to ww last week and in 5 days actually managed to lose 1/2lb. This week though the scales are crawling up and Ive gained 2lbs since Friday which isnt good. Hoping it was just water retention and will sort itself out in a week or two but Ive decided to switch over to Atkins instead as soon as Ive finished all the WWs food I have in the house.

Back