Anyone else roughly 6 weeks in?

sharron10

Had my 6th weigh in this week and am really pleased with how sw is going. I have never stuck to it so well for this long before and without trying to jinx it I feel like I can really get to goal this time!! I'm an online member so the only people I "speak" to about sw are you mini mins folks and just wanted to see how everyone is getting on who started at a similar time, as this point (or usually before this point!) is where I usually give up. How are you finding it? What is keeping you motivated? For me, I am well and truly fed up of being overweight and feeling so bad about myself and now I can finally see some sort of light and the end of this very long tunnel. Sorry for the ramble, I'm just dead chuffed ;)

By the way, I have lost 11 lbs and am now 12st 2- so 2 stone to go...

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Sharron, I also started 6 weeks ago and so far have lost 19.5 lbs (I had a 1.5 gain last week after getting my stone and a half the week before). It's my weigh in this morning so hoping for a good loss as I've done red days everyday. I'm absolutely loving slimming world and I'm determined to stick to it I think it's a brilliant plan :) xx

Hi there/ I am 6 weeks in too and finding it so much easier than I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong I have had a few tricky days when I have been out with friends for dinner etc but I've worked round it quite well. I have lost 16lbs so far the past two weeks 1lb at a time but I don't mind that. I have a long way to go :) I am doing it from home and so are all the family by default lol but the meals are so family friendly its so easy to cook for them on this plan. I am planning the following week's meals on a Friday, doing my shopping online so I don't deviate and that seems to be working so far! I think because I am seeing results ie my jeans slipping down lol its keeping me motivated and also because its not just me that is eating the meals and pointing etc we are all choosing meals we enjoy so that's helping too! Good luck :D

I am nearly 6 weeks in, I have had 5 weigh-ins so far and lost 12lbs. When I started I was convinced I wouldn't lose weight and it would be a waste of time. Now, I am completely won over by Slimming World, I finally believe I can lose weight, and I am enjoying being able to actually eat! I have had a few days where I have gone way over my syns, but so far I have still managed to lose every week. The fact I am losing is enough to keep me motivated, although the weight isn't going from where I need to lose it yet, but there is a long way to go.

Slightly ahead of you at 7 weeks in, I ended up buying 6 weeks worth last week to ensure I wouldn't back out

I've had ups and downs but am doing ok and it's definitely the longest I've stuck at anything

7 weeks for me too (Cambridge not SW) and looking at switching to SW shortly

... and you should be dead chuffed Sharron10, well done :) I think the 6/7 week point is really hard, for me I start to 'congratulate' myself for getting this far and losing that I start to lapse and my 'treat' is usually a calorific item! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your replies it's nice to know that after 6 weeks so much weight is coming off us all! As I said before at 6/7 weeks I start to lose interest and motivation but not this time, I'm determined to get down to 10st (maybe 9.5 will have to see) and I don't care how long it takes as I'm not in any rush. What's nice is a couple of people have noticed I've lost weight now and that's a real motivation as I am starting to feel it in my clothes and my face doesn't look as 'puffy' too.
Let's meet back at 12 weeks- wow what will we have lost by then I wonder?! :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back