Anyone else slimming for their wedding?

Wedding and reception in one venue near our home. Its an old mill and is just lovely, its beside a lake as well which should look really nice in pics if the sun is shining!!!

Another bridesmaid to be here-not til May 11 though so lots of time to get to target!

Looking at dresses on Fri :eek:

Hello everyone!
My big motivation to lose weight was my wedding in April 2011 and also being a bridesmaid in September!
I started a size 16, and promised myself I woud be a size 12 for both my friends and my wedding! I couldn't wait to try on wedding dresses, and decided I would only go once I'd got down to a size twelve!

Well 4 months later and my size 14 trousers are very baggy - but I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant!!!

So I think it will be a while before I'll be wearing size 12s and trying on wedding dresses!

And I'll be waddling down the aisle as a bridesmaid at seven months pregnant!!!! Oops!!!

Me too! :) On May 11th in Italy....ooooh 6 weeks today in fact!
I've lost just under 3 stone and am now trying to maintain as my dress has been altered to fit. It was falling off me :clap: so had it taken in, going tomorrow night for the final try on.

Ooooo SparkleWitch may have to PM you - we're getting married in Italy in 2012, so a while yet, but would be good to know how you organised it all etc. xxxx

im not a bride im a bridesmaid (was 5 month preg when i got married so my dress went out instead of in:( - got a beautiful baby girl though lol). im trying to lose weight for june so i dont look fat for my friends big day! would like to be 2st lighter for june but i will be happy to b a stone lighter!

i would guess, i am.. in the long run.. far in the future lol guess i always assumed id be a fat bride.. never thought i'd actually lose weight!

Im getting married 28th may in Aruba and I am getting very excited now! I have another 5 and half pounds to go to target and really want to get their for the big day!

Also i have just done the FYEO photo shoot (not for the wedding) but the photos are pretty amazing and you will look great and love the photos. I am so proud of myself for doing it as I hate getting my body out! H2B will love it! x

love all these stories and inspiration! what gorgeous brides/bridesmaids/mother of the brides we'll be!

so long as i get my bum into gear!!! The other bridesmaids, one is doing circuit training and has gone down a size, one is 14 and stunning looking, the other is 12! I know im gonna be the biggest one but just dont wanna be as big as i am right now!!!

Sallyannetag,
Don't be too hard on yourself, you've done brilliantly so far and there is no reason why you shouldn't lose quite a bit more before the wedding! You are also so much better off than if you had done nothing at all! I'm sure you'll look stunning!
Sarahxxx

Aw I know but I also know ive been faffing around for this whole month!!! Im doing a red week this week to see if I can kickstart myself and am motivating myself to get the wii out again! Thanks for your encouragement. :D

I totally understand how you feel! I've been the same. I originally joined SW at the end of October to lose some weight for my holiday in New Zealand in February. I was pretty half hearted about it but managed to lose 9 pounds. Whilst on holiday I got engaged and came back having gained 4 pounds. I thought, right well I've a wedding to slim for now, so should be motivated. I've been back 5 weeks and have only lost 3 pound, not even all of what I gained on holiday :( I really need to get my backside in gear or I will be so miserable with myself!!!!

it's hard to motivate yourself isn't it! i think it sometimes just clicks! i've been engaged a year and the whole time i was going to diet for the wedding, didn't start until feb! haha! but so be it, don't worry and just get on with it!

once you get your dress i think it's easier to stay motivated! my dress looked lovely from the front, but gross from side on! i picture that every day and i stay motivated! :)

haha yeah my dress looks lovely when I hold it together, but the zip won't go all the way up yet, so HAVE to keep at it ;)

hee hee, i put my bridesmaid dress on over my head, didnt even realise it had a zip!!! Until I mentioned it to the bride, she near had a coronary! I might actually try it on again to see if it fits any better, might spur me on a bit!

i am too scared to try my dress on again, even though i've lost 24lbs since i last tried it on! is that stupid?!

try it Woodyslou, Ive lost a similar amount and have had to hunt out old clothes as my others were all too big-you will def notice a diff and will make you feel so good!

I'm booked in for Mid June. i am nervous!

Back