Anyone else suffer with constipation??

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

I no not a nice post but omg not been for while and went a few mins ago i was okies but when i came down all my stomach is rumbling and bubbling and the pain i have in my back at the top is killing and there is no one to wack it :cry:, before going toilet my top belly (as i call it lol) was so hard i could hardly breathe till i went toilet, i think im soooo trapped with wind well i hope it is trapped wind nothing else :(. Pain in back is like a burning pain keeps moving so i reckon it is and i keep rubbing all belly to see if can go again hehehe, Just be nice to no if anyone else suffering. Not been on plan totally 100% for past 2 weeks so maybe thats it, and followed it again today.

Many thanks in advance :D

I get that 'top tummy' pain as well, and only since I've been on SW!
The other day it kept me awake all night, I took rennies as well, which did help, but I believe it's trapped wind as I too have the 'rock hard' feeling in my 'top tummy'.
The only difference is that it doesn't seem to coincide with me not 'going'...so I think you might have trapped wind *and* constipation....

so glad I could make you feel better *runs*

Dont run hahahaha, no you made me feel better but omg its still bubbling like hell still, but with me being single with kids i do panic and think summat bad gonna happen when i get slight pain so feel tons better now. And what is it with this top belly being hard and sometimes when i stand its bigger than my bottom belly :eek:. Thanks again hun xxx

it's all bloat, I hate it hun. The off-plan-on-plan thing DEFINITELY does that to me. I had a couple of days off plan last week then went back on and OMG did I feel it.

Green tea hun, some cups of green tea or peppermint tea with sweetner if you don't like the bitterness, will gently soothe you over a couple of days.

Green tea shouldn't be bitter at all!! Don't make it with boiling water. It burns the leaes and makes it bitter. MAke sure water has been off the boil for a couple of minutes. As for constipation, that happens to me when eat very low carb. If you ahve cut your carbs this may be why.

Lynda

I find some brands bitterer than others. I do leave the hot water to settle before adding it to the cup.

The Tetley lemon brands are really quite light, and I recently had some Wing Xi Dragon green tea (I think that's what it's called), and that's good too.

The Clipper organic ones tend to be a bit more bitter.

if you dont have green/ peppermint tea just drink some warm water not hot just warm that should move it, it does for me

Try a couple of Scan Bran a day - they are full of fibre and will help you 'go' and make sure you drink plenty of water this helps with constipation too.

If you still have problem's, try a couple of senekot tablets before you go to bed - to help you on your way...

Heh, coffee is a natural laxative actually. Strong black coffee, plenty of sweetener if you don't like it black.

i found that being on the SW plan makes me constipated, but at least it encourages me not to over eat!! :D i think its cause im eating too much egg and mullerlights, then do act as a plug, if you get me :)

Im glad you posted about this actually lol

Im not the most "regular" person in the world but since ive been on SW ive been going a lot less than normal too. Last week I was on & off the toilet about 10 times trying to go to the loo & it wasnt having any of it lol. My stomach was really hurting, eventually it came out thank god! lol. Ive brought some Senekot (sp) just incase it ever happens again, I was in so much pain!!

Mind you, the fact that we got through 15 eggs in a week probably doesnt help :p

eggs give you constipation?!

I find SW makes me go MORE, but then when i'm on plan properly I do eat more veg than I normally would!

Somewhere someone asked about tea substitiute - and fresh slices of lemon in water is brilliant for digestion but also... GREAT FOR getting rid of CELLULITE!!!!!

Nettle tea is also good, peppermint tea with sweetner is one of my favourites nice and sweet - i have a very sweet tooth :)

Also there are some exercises you can do to help things moving if it gets really bad...

1/ when its saw, gentley rub your stomach with the palm of your hand in big circles, i usually find five minutes of this im feeling more settled

2/ hard to discribe, but a trick my mum was told when she was pregnant and was really suffering ;) you basically need to stretch your old body making it is long as possible, standing under a door with your fingers reaching to the top of the door frame (if your too short then lay on the floor and stretch your fingers out as far as you can. you then need to try an push all your weight into your feet or bearing down your weight, whilst stretching - works a dream...

Are you drinking lots of water? I find that when I'm not drinking enough water I tend to get a bit bunged up too. Hope it clears soon - it's not fun :-(

Awwwww thanks all, tbh i forgot about this post as only just come back on from other day hehehe will try some of these relief stuff, thanks again :)

OMG I actually searched for this topic as have been suffering after going offplan last weekend then was awful after that - asked my friend who has been doing SW for a few months longer than me and she recommended drinking more water and upping the baby spinach intake - I also now make sure I have a scanbran or hifi every day and seems to have helped - feel back to normal now!

Back