Anyone else tall out there?!?

Yea, it's not a seperate section like some places, but on the label it'll be 12L,12R... And the long is actually long :)

x

Asda do a tall, when I was pregnant they were the only place I could find trousers long enough cause apparently you can be short and larger and pregnant or tall and slim and pregnant but you can't be tall and large and pregnant (but that's another thread!!!)

Brantano's go up to a 10 for shoes and Asda have size 9 shoes too so do primark!

Yet again, I'm with you vickidyers! I've asked around and the tall range has been removed from most of the stores BUT most keep it online so...

New look - I LOVE their tall range. Plus the sizing is pretty generous and goes up to (quite a big) 18 so def worth a look. Great for casual and some work trousers

Topshop - only goes to a 16 but some of the tops are loose fit so worth a look

Long tall Sally - great for jeans (they go up to a 38 leg!) but I find the clothes a bit on the frumpy side. Worth trying tallgirls.co.uk but quality isn't great.

Dorothy Perkins - majorly disappointing now. Used to love their range but now it just seems to be skinny legged jeans. Eugh!

Primark - they surprised me with just how long some of their tops and dresses are. My friend knows their buyer and says she's tall herself and so that's why there's so many 'tall friendly' things - def worth a look (but don't bother with bottoms)

Plus, the trend for short dresses is actually pretty good - I buy them and wear them as tops!

Hope that helps! X

Dotty P's used t be so good for tall stuff, they are rubbish now. New Look do much better

RI is a 36 in the L range. You must have super long legs :)
x

I have this exact same problem. Im 5ft11 and dont know what weight to aim for. I think even the high end of the bmi would look weird on me. I dont want to be boney. Id like to be a size 14 all over but im very busty and hippy so not sure if ill ever achieve that. I've lost just under 3 stone and so far have only dropped one dress size so still some way to go. That website recommended on the first page is very interesting. I assume they are american sizes so when it says 12 its actually uk 14?

im 5ft 11 currently 14st11.5 and im a size 14 and 12 in odd tops and 16 in bottoms want to get to 12st7 but my bf said i dont need to lose another 2st4lbs its so hard cos i want to see how i look in healthy
bmi never been slim slim so only thing i av to aim for. shoes....pffft dnt get me started i need ones made especially for 'heshes' lol! gd point i get all the sales in the size 9s 9 times out 10 in new look and also primarks shoes are pretty generous 9s in their r even a bit big shock horror! xx

Hehe goingtobeslim, our stats are so similar. We should buddy up and help each other along the way. Let us keep our hips n boobs lol

Next do long lengths in almost all their jeans and trousers, including joggies etc. They also do a tall range in dresses and tops, but I think you need to order them into the store or online.
They also do a tall maternity range! As another poster mentioned, this was something I struggled with when pregnant - being size 16+ AND tall! I was working there during my 3rd pregnancy and discovered I could get maternity trousers in long lengths, amazing.

The other place I always go to for longer trousers is Dorothy Perkins, I always reckon you can get decent enough staples in there. And I recently discovered Primark do a long in at least some of their jeans!

I'm liking the sound of the shrinking feet phenomenon!

I'm soooooo chuffed with NEXT!!

I'm a 35/36" leg (short in the body - but stupidly long legs!) and NEXT do quite a good range, I still have to order it and pay for them before they arrive, which I find slightly annoying, but I have to admit I've never sent anything back yet!!:D

Last edited:
Asda do a tall, when I was pregnant they were the only place I could find trousers long enough cause apparently you can be short and larger and pregnant or tall and slim and pregnant but you can't be tall and large and pregnant (but that's another thread!!!)

Brantano's go up to a 10 for shoes and Asda have size 9 shoes too so do primark!

yep......all shops do a 'long' range, Asda, Sainsburys, Tesco's, M&S ... but not 36" leg proper tall!!!

I know what you mean about large and tall - one of the things that eventually made me lose weight was the fact you cant be over a size 18 and tall!

thanks for the info on shoes

Last edited:
Hi. I'm 5'10" and have previously gotten down to 12st 4lbs. I was really happy with my body but wanted a few more lbs off. I'd since put most of the weight back on and am now trying to get to between 11 1/2 and 12st.

Hi I'm 5' 9.5" tall and got to target in July. My target was 10st 8lbs and I now weigh 10st 5.5lbs so just within target band. I feel great at this size, a size 12. We are all different, some would say its too low, others would say just right. For me I feel just right now, slim hips and tum. Ok my boobs have gone, but there were never really there in the first place lol

Hey everyone! Thought id resurrect this thread and see how all the tall people are getting on?! Today's question - for those 5'10+ish, how much weight before you actually lost a dress size. I noticed one of my skirts getting loose today (lost just over a stone now) and then realised it was the same one id been wearing at 2 1/2 stone heavier! Been doing the gym so know ive gained muscle and im fine with that, but would be beyond amazing to buy something in a 14. Any words of wisdom? x

Back