What is the ideal weight for someone who is 5 ft 2.5 inches?

tomnkatesmum

Silver Member
Hiya,

I'm 5ft 2.5 inches tall but have never been slim in my adult life, and so have no idea what is the right weight for me! Is anyone else about the same height and have an idea about an ideal weight???

I know a healthy BMI would be between the high 7 stones and the low 11 stones, but that is a pretty massive range.... Any thoughts greatly appreciated....

9 1/2 stone is idea
Don't get too hung up on BMI, it only applys to 50% of the population

The lightest iv ever been is 10 1/2 stone and even then I was a loose size 10,
Just what you would be happy with should be your target weight

It all depends on the person, but I am 5ft and would have classed myself as slim at 10 and a half stone. Still a stone and a half over my top end target. I think it depends on what you are after and happy with.... I don't want to be a 7st Kylie, I like to have a few curves and a bust.

Set a goal and then personalise it to you as you progress.

I'm the same height as you and I'm 9st 7. I find it's slim without being skinny and not too plump either. We all have different body shapes though, so what suits one won't suit another. I think you should just see how it goes as you drop down and stop where you're happy.

im 5ft 4in and weighed 9st 3lbs for most of my life but at 1 1st 7lbs as a 45 year old i feel thin and think i look great. im currently 17st 9lbs and hoping to reach 12st 6lbsish by august. then i will assess my ideal weight by how my skin is looking as id rather be a chubby than a floppy!! x

just want to be able to shop in topshop again!!!!!

Hi everyone and thank you al for your answers....

Overall I know we are all different and what might suit one frame will be different for someone else, but its great to have an idea of where your going to...

I've always said my goal will be 9 stone 7lbs, but then I got to thinking maybe I should be working to eight and a half stone.... Would really prefer not to, as I really fancy getting off SS ASAP!!!

Thanks again for all your comments..., hope everyone else is doing well x

Back