Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Time for change said:
i lost 7 lbs in my first week...is this too much?

Hello 'time for a change ' too much! You can never have too much , we love a big loser! Lol.
Seriously though, alot of people lose alot in their first week, this is cos we retain alot of water when we aren't eating healthily and when we make a switch in our diet , our body notices quickly and we get that initial big loss. We then tend to slow a bit over the next few weeks and provided we stick at it, and drink plenty of water and exercise , the losses will continue . Some weeks you will lose nothing and some u may even gain, but dont let that put you off because your body weight fluctuates as we burn off the fat. Well done and good luck for next week.

happy sunday morning guys.

well havent we done astoundingly well in our first weigh in week.
i'm loving the support we are all giving each other . you should all be very proud of yourselves and yes ALL of you.

in our first week we had a staggering 30lbs loss. amongst just 11 of us. thats something to be proud of. let alone the weight loss, think of the health benefits to all of us.

there is something i would like you to just try for me for a short time of your today, or whenever you read this. Each pound is the equivalent in weight, roughly, to a tin of baked beans. did you know that?

i figured that comparing it to bags of sugar isnt all that realistic seeing as we arent dealing with sugar on a daily basis. but most of us have a tin of beans handy in the kitchen im sure. just go get one now.........................

now pick it up and feel the weight, then carry it around in your pocket around the house for as little or as long as you like. i did it yesterday for a few hours and i can tell you i soon got fed up of it in my cardigan pocket.
when youve done it, take it out of your pocket and what a difference you will notice.

so when we look at the scales and have that little bit of disappointment for just 1lb . i want you to remember how much that tin of beans weighs. try it please and i promise you, you will never think - 'oh its only a pound'! again.

Think how much you have lost over the past , say, 2 weeks, then convert that to tins of beans. imagine strapping them to your waistband, and carrying them around.
well, you used to! do you want to go back to carrying them, cos i know i dont.

things like this really motivate me because its so easy for me to think, 'oh i'll just have a small piece of that its hardly going to make a difference' or is it? and it usually does.

vicky, tracy, debs, clara lou - you have all recently started and you should be very pleased - in tins of beans thats 2 or 3 tins each!

motivation session over.

the figures_
thursday weighers

pebbles 4lbs off ------ total 14lbs :clap:
vikky 2lbs off --------total 7lbs :clap:
tracy 2lbs off -------- total 2lbs :clap:
debs 3lbs off ---------total 3lbs :clap:
flab2fab 5lbs off---------total 20lbs :clap: slimmmer of the week

friday weighers

kankles stayed the same total 13.5lbs :clap:
donna stayed the same *total 13.0lbs :clap:
hubby 1lb loss total 16.0lbs :clap:

sat weighers

sarahc --------2.5lbs off total 64lbs :clap:
claralou--------3.5lb off total 3.5lbs :clap:
timeforachange..7lbs off total 7lbs:clap:

well done guys tips for next week anyone?
for me its drink more water

i'm loving the support we are all giving each other . you should all be very proud of yourselves and yes ALL of you.

in our first week we had a staggering 30lbs loss. amongst just 11 of us. thats something to be proud of. let alone the weight loss, think of the health benefits to all of us.

there is something i would like you to just try for me for a short time of your today, or whenever you read this. Each pound is the equivalent in weight, roughly, to a tin of baked beans. did you know that?

i figured that comparing it to bags of sugar isnt all that realistic seeing as we arent dealing with sugar on a daily basis. but most of us have a tin of beans handy in the kitchen im sure. just go get one now.........................

now pick it up and feel the weight, then carry it around in your pocket around the house for as little or as long as you like. i did it yesterday for a few hours and i can tell you i soon got fed up of it in my cardigan pocket.
when youve done it, take it out of your pocket and what a difference you will notice.

so when we look at the scales and have that little bit of disappointment for just 1lb . i want you to remember how much that tin of beans weighs. try it please and i promise you, you will never think - 'oh its only a pound'! again.

Think how much you have lost over the past , say, 2 weeks, then convert that to tins of beans. imagine strapping them to your waistband, and carrying them around.

things like this really motivate me because its so easy for me to think, 'oh i'll just have a small piece of that its hardly going to make a difference' or is it? and it usually does.

vicky, tracy, debs, clara lou - you have all recently started and you should be very pleased - in tins of beans thats 2 or 3 tins each!

motivation session over.

the figures_
thursday weighers

friday weighers

sat weighers

Hi Pebbles!

What a fab interpretation! You're right we either look at our weight loss in terms of bags of sugar or if you're like me and want to be completely disgusted I look a a block of dripping equaling 1lb.

Yesterday I visited my friend and her 8 week old baby! She was less than 5lbs born and only now weighs 7.5lbs. Carrying her around in my arms for most of the afternoon made me realise that I have lost nearly double what she weighs and when you look at her as one bundle it made me think wow, i've lost nearly 2 of her all over my body!

I know I STS this week but from now on any lbs I lose whether it be 1lb or 5lb I will cherish because it's all a loss in the right direction!

Another fab idea that I saw on the Biggest Loser was a similar concept, but they had a challenge to climb a steep hill, and at each check point was a bag of sand weighing the number of lbs they'd lost that week, and the next checkpoint was for the lbs lost the next week and so forth. Maybe I should try that over a day!!!

pebbles67 said:

motivation session over.

the figures_
thursday weighers

friday weighers

sat weighers

Hi pebbles

Thanks for such a motivational post.
It's so lovely that we are all sharing this journey together. I really cannot believe what a huge difference it is making this time.
Feel like I don't want to let any of you down and so so determined to do it this time.
Had a great day, made a huge pot of soup and had so much fruit I think I am going to burst.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
Xx

Hi everyone.

Hope you've all had a good weekend. I'm having a bit of a bad day today. Not food wise, strange really as it seems the only thing I'm in control of at the mo. I think I am a control freak and when I'm not in control of a situation I don't like it. I need to learn to just sit back and let things happen as there's nothing I can do.

Sorry just needed to get a few things of my chest. I know it's not really slimming world related but it's kinda good I have not reached for the chocolate.

Good luck with the week ahead.
X

Sarahc said:
Hi everyone.

Hope you've all had a good weekend. I'm having a bit of a bad day today. Not food wise, strange really as it seems the only thing I'm in control of at the mo. I think I am a control freak and when I'm not in control of a situation I don't like it. I need to learn to just sit back and let things happen as there's nothing I can do.

Sorry just needed to get a few things of my chest. I know it's not really slimming world related but it's kinda good I have not reached for the chocolate.

Good luck with the week ahead.
X

Hi Sarah
I can relate to what you are saying. Normally tho any type of stressful situation would have had me reaching for the chocolate. I feel much better knowing I am in control of my eating.
Hope things pick up for you soon xx

Morning everyone!
how was your weekend - Sarahc sorry to hear you were having a bad day - hope it's improved today for you.
I saved most of my syns for the weekend as I like to go out on a Friday or Saturday and have a drink.
This has often been my downfall in the past but managed to get through with 20 syns to spare for the week which I didn't even use yesterday despite feeling the need for a bit of comfort food :party0036:lol!
Good luck to everyone for this week!

Debs154 said:
Morning everyone!
how was your weekend - Sarahc sorry to hear you were having a bad day - hope it's improved today for you.
I saved most of my syns for the weekend as I like to go out on a Friday or Saturday and have a drink.
This has often been my downfall in the past but managed to get through with 20 syns to spare for the week which I didn't even use yesterday despite feeling the need for a bit of comfort food :party0036:lol!
Good luck to everyone for this week!

Hi debs
Well done on the syns front.....always nice to feel so virtuous .
Had a good weekend, had syns left over so happy about that....to be honest felt a little jaded Friday so could just about manage to eat late afternoon.
I'm having a good week so far. For some reason this time round I seem to be sticking to plan a lot easier. Maybe because I have given myself a good talking to and have said 'this is it this time, no more falling off the wagon' just hope I can stay in the zone....
Xx

Well done everyone on their losses was a great week for us all. My aim this week is to do some exercise. I think I've mastered the food side but I'm still so lazy when it comes to exercise.

flab2fab82 said:
Well done everyone on their losses was a great week for us all. My aim this week is to do some exercise. I think I've mastered the food side but I'm still so lazy when it comes to exercise.

I'm with you on that one.....great plans but always seem to find a reason not to do any.

hi, you fab eleven .
hows it going into the new week? :girlpower:
i'll start with me. Had an 'ok' weekend what with the cold and the '*' week i was feeling very chocolate deprived- not something i crave at all. im a savoury snacker, but my gosh i had to nibble a little bit. But i 'm not feeling too bad about it cos it was only a square or two over a couple of days. and i know its temporary.
had a good few meals over the weekend which i can recommend for those who havent tried them.
saturday evening i did the SW doner kebab and it was lovely, very uncanny how it tasted just like the real thing.
i had it on a green day so i could have a mugshot earlier for lunch then had kebab with chips and garlic and chilli sauce. the kebab is so easy, 1lb lamb mince and the spices and pounded and bashed all around the kitchen - that was an exercise in itself.
doner.jpg
doner kebab.jpg

on sunday i had a fishy lunch with some salad and mackerel , prawns and crab sticks. really taasty.
for tea i made the sw steak and kidney pie using 28g of puff pasty as 6 syns. it was lovely and the gravy was to die for.
steak and kidney pie.jpg
steak kidney pie.jpg

yesterday (monday) was going to be a write off for the evening, because i had to attend a smoking advisors update , this was being held in a chinese restaurant - yes we do get 1 perk of the job. i have known about this for a while and after the lecture knew a chinese meal was being given to us. having been so good for 6 weeks and lost 1 stone i decided i wasnt going to fret about it and try to work out syns etc. so i ate what was served which was fantastic, no battered food though and plenty of stir fried prawns, chicken, lamb and vegetable dishes. throughout the day i stayed on plan until the evening meal.
i dont feel bad about it because i know that today i am back on plan and will watch my syns for the rest of the week and add in some exercise somewhere. i just wanted to share this because i feel guilt is an awful thing and its not worth beating yourself up about it, if you have a meal out. i feel self control for the fact that i could have just eaten anything all day yesterday and today i could have got up and thought oh well, ive ruined it now so what the hell. but thats not the case . i feel it was a celebration for my efforts so far.

flab2fab - i know you said exercise is your downfall at the moment and i am also with you and clara lou on that. so how about we decide to do 1 session of exercise this week as a challenge. just the one session, then if we do it, how about challenging each other to do more next week. ? what do you say guys.?
it can be a gym trip, swimming, vigorous walk, cycle, trampolining, wii fit, - whatever you can fit in as we all have different lives.
my fitness challenge is a wii fit 30 min jog before the weekend.

clara lou - you wont let anyone down, you are doing great already, youre a star.

kankles - great ideas about the sandbags etc. my other half had an idea when i told him about the bean tin theory- he said when youre shopping take a basket to the tins aisle and put in the equivalent tins to your weight loss and try to pick the basket up! worth a go - its shocking.

sarah - i hope you are having a better few days, we're all thinking about you, life really is a bum at times and so many things to test us. cheer up poppet.

debs - well done on the weekends syns.

heres to a good week everyone. i'm on a night shift tonight and i promised to take in some curries tonight so i better go get cooking.

anyone doing pancakes tonight? try the syn free version - check mrs wilsoncrofts diary of an ickle hippo for the recipe.

thanks mrs wilsoncroft for her recipe.

♥ Syn Free Pancake ♥
So yummy & really tastes like your having something naughty to eat.

2 Eggs
Sweetener
Vanilla Essence
Toppings of your choice (I choose banana, strawberries & 1 tsp of honey for 1 syn)

Separate the eggs into two bowls - white and yolk.
Whisk the white and add 3 tsp sweetner (or to taste), whisking til white and meringue-ish
Add some vanilla essence to the yolk.
Add the yolk to the white and fold together - this is your batter.
frylight a pan and add all of the batter, spreading it gently with the back of a spoon.

leave pancakes alone until you can slide a fishslice underneath and flip over, then when other side is cooked turn pancakes from pan onto plate.
Top with your favourite toppings and serve!
Makes a great dessert or snack!

Hi pebbles.
Thanks for a great post....feeling quite chuffed with myself as I have managed to resist the boys pizza tonight (cubs night tonight so they always have a treat and it saves me cooking for them) I have a jacket potato in the oven as we speak!!
Not really in the mood for chocolate I'm eating so much fruit I'm not getting my usual craving.
It's weird as I don't go to group that I really feel so supported on this site and I feel like everyone wants everyone to succeed so much. Such I nice feeling to know there is always someone you can turn to for advice and support.
Roll on saturday....feeling really good about this week and have also had my confidence boosted by a couple of people saying I look really well...always nice when someone notices.
Enjoy your Chinese xx

Thanks for all ur thoughts. I am feeling a bit better about a few things now and even better I that I did not turn to food for comfort.

I hope u all had some nice pancakes, it's only me at home so I did not bother.

Good luck with weighing on Thursday everyone.

X

I think I'm stuck in a time warp, everyone around me talking about pancakes, I'm on minimins seeing pancake recipies and it's only now I've realised it's blinking pancake day!!! I thought e

Everyone had gone mad craving a pancake!!!!

I think it's me that's gone mad lol

Good job I missed it, I adore them but only the real ones with loads of sugar and I can't stop at 1, lucky for me I was in my own little bubble today!

Thanks for all ur thoughts. I am feeling a bit better about a few things now and even better I that I did not turn to food for comfort.

I hope u all had some nice pancakes, it's only me at home so I did not bother.

Good luck with weighing on Thursday everyone.

X

Hi Sarahc
I'm the same only me at home and I'm full of a cold :( which always has me wanting to eat some rubbish - the beauty of living alone tho' is that I don't have to cater for anyone else and don't have anything tempting in the fridge or cupboards!

It's a bad time too as I work part time in a school but have just taken some census work on too so need to be out and about a lot......but at least I'll be being more active so I'll count this as my excercise :)

I'd forgotten about the syn free pancakes which I had made once before but as I was craving something sweet I made a sweet omlette with eggs and Splenda and spread some strawberry jam thinly on the top - it sort of hit the spot lol

Good luck this week folks! Can't believe it's Wednesday already!

It is a lot easier living on ur own, my friend who I started slimming world with me has lots of naughty food in the house and has to resist. I have none as I would just eat it all.

I work in a school too, r u secondary or primary?

I'm really lucky that everytime I loose a stone my mum gets me a treat. In the past it's been a top, a Xmas stocking and money towards a hair cut. I'm coming up to my 5 stone aword but can't think of anything. Anybody got any ideas?
X

Good idea but a bit out of her price range. It really needs to b about £20 or less and it's the thought rather than the item. When I'm near the next stone it pushes me through and out the other side.

X

Back