Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Hey,
I would LOVE to join your Thursday weigh-in! Im trying to shift 1.5st before I face going back to my class! (gained 1.5st since I last went argh) So, would love your support until I reach this target! Then I can stroll back into the class, after being away for 7+mths and act like ive kept the weight off!

Hi pebbles.
Thanks for a great post....feeling quite chuffed with myself as I have managed to resist the boys pizza tonight (cubs night tonight so they always have a treat and it saves me cooking for them) I have a jacket potato in the oven as we speak!!
Not really in the mood for chocolate I'm eating so much fruit I'm not getting my usual craving.

It's weird as I don't go to group that I really feel so supported on this site and I feel like everyone wants everyone to succeed so much. Such I nice feeling to know there is always someone you can turn to for advice and support.
Roll on saturday....feeling really good about this week and have also had my confidence boosted by a couple of people saying I look really well...always nice when someone notices.
Enjoy your Chinese xx

clara lou - youre a legend, jacket potato ranks over pizza! well done you. im sure youre going to do fine this week, youre very focused.

I think I'm stuck in a time warp, everyone around me talking about pancakes, I'm on minimins seeing pancake recipies and it's only now I've realised it's blinking pancake day!!! I thought e

kankles! - you do make me laugh , where have you been? :8855: theres adverts everywhere, i giggled so much when i read your post. thanks for bringing a smile to my face. glad you missed it tho if youre like me and like to eat through a mountain.

Hi Sarahc
I'm the same only me at home and I'm full of a cold :( which always has me wanting to eat some rubbish - the beauty of living alone tho' is that I don't have to cater for anyone else and don't have anything tempting in the fridge or cupboards!

It's a bad time too as I work part time in a school but have just taken some census work on too so need to be out and about a lot......but at least I'll be being more active so I'll count this as my excercise :)

I'd forgotten about the syn free pancakes which I had made once before but as I was craving something sweet I made a sweet omlette with eggs and Splenda and spread some strawberry jam thinly on the top - it sort of hit the spot lol

Good luck this week folks! Can't believe it's Wednesday already!

debs and sarah - doing well, keep up the good work. i did try the syn free pancakes because everyone had posted that they did not taste like an omelette - BUT i have to say mine tasted just like a sweet omelette, although maybe i could have done better on the vanilla essence front and added a touch more. well not bad as they are syn free. :D

Good idea but a bit out of her price range. It really needs to b about £20 or less and it's the thought rather than the item. When I'm near the next stone it pushes me through and out the other side.

X
sorry sarah, i was joking. after that much weight loss i think you deserve the moon , i really do. youre an inspiration to many. how about a pamper day at a spa - getting your nails done or facial. if you dont already get it- sign up to groupon website and they email you deals for £20 for a spa treatment instead of £80 or so. ive used them and theyre great. anyone else got any ideas? :rolleyes:

Hey,
I would LOVE to join your Thursday weigh-in! Im trying to shift 1.5st before I face going back to my class! (gained 1.5st since I last went argh) So, would love your support until I reach this target! Then I can stroll back into the class, after being away for 7+mths and act like ive kept the weight off!
hiya jemima - welcome its great to have you. :welcome: we are a crazy bunch on a mission, especially kankles - shes as nutty as me. theres 12 of us, so im afraid you make '13' hope thats ok or we could add a fictitious person and make you 14 if youre superstitious.
just pop in anytime of the week for a nag, rant, a party or a general chit chat. we dont do pressure- just motivation and the occassional shoulder to lean on councelling stylie. overall we are the business. best weigh in team on minimins- oh yeah baby. :talk017:

JemimaJackson said:
Hey,

Hi jemima
Welcome aboard!
Im also back on the SW wagon after losing loads and then lapsing and not getting round to that last 21 lbs. I love the support on here, you can always find support or an audience if you just need a rant.
You can do it
Xx

Hi pebbles.
How's your week been?
I am feeling pleased with myself. Been super good and wore some trousers today that are normally relegated to 'thin days' I seem to have so much energy and been trying loads of new recipes.
This is the longest I have stuck to plan in a VERY long while and it feels great.
Good luck everyone for WI tomorrow xx

Nice to know you lovely ladies are there to help! And im not superstituous so 13 is fine by me! I've been good since Tuesday (kind of) so, will see by tomorrow if ive managed to scrape off 1lb, and then by next Thursday will have a clearer loss to give you.
Im actually excited at the prospect of getting back into my size 14 clothes! In time for summer too....
Aim is to lose 12lbs but 1st May (off to Portugal for 5 days) :) then another 8lbs to be back at 12st6lbs, which is my lowest recorded weight! Thennnnnn 1st6lbs to target!

Thanks girls

xx

kankles! - you do make me laugh , where have you been? :8855: theres adverts everywhere, i giggled so much when i read your post. thanks for bringing a smile to my face. glad you missed it tho if youre like me and like to eat through a mountain.

PMSL I asked myself the same question, I think I live in a blooming cocoon half the time!!!

I guess I am like you, I cant just have 1 or 2 I have to have loads, with the same amount of sugar on top so bloody good job I missed it otherwise Id be back on here moaning about a gain again this week!!!!

Anyways aside from my momentary madness completely thinking everyone around me has gone pancake bonkers, I've had a pretty decent week. Snuck a peak on the scales this morning TUT TUT!!! and lost 1.5lb......praying to god now that my impatience has not led me into a false sense of security and come Friday I see a different picture. Hoping for at least another 1lb by then. :gimi:

I'm telling you i'll kick myself if I do especially after missing pancake day....come on who does that!!!

Hey,

Welcome to the nuttiest post on minimins Jemima! Always a pleasure to have new slimming buddies join us. If you want a giggle, cry or just a chat this is the group.

I'm doing SW from home just like Pebbles and I love this forum much more than I ever enjoyed class, so you're in safe hands with us!

Good luck, remember any advice or help you want just shout us!

XXXXXX

Well I've just posted this on another thread by mistake - der!!!!! See it seriously helps to be devoid of brain to be on this thread. Anyway bad week for me , I'm at the 7 week glitch stage. It was that blasted period that set it off, have had a really emotional week and struggled to stay focused. With this in mind I'm expecting the worst for weigh in tomoro but that's not putting me off , and I'll be Back fighting fit for next week. It'll take a bit more than a hormone or two to get me to eat a Buffett wagon of food.

so weigh in for our Thursday guys in the morning, I've got great hopes for our newbies this week, it's an exciting time for them again. There's also flab2fab with her exercise regime and our very new jemima, kankles is set for a huge loss , I just know it! And trust me when I get a feeling in my water it's not just cystitis! We have the very focused clara lou, and sarahs determination , to motivate us this week as well. Donna is set for a loss and hopefully catch up that hubby and give him a run for his money. By now debs will be counting down the days until she can use up her syns, and vikkiy, where's vikkiy ? Anyone seen her? .

Good luck my beauties, see you tomoro x

Goodmorning all have just done me weigh in and another 2lb gone !
Am very surprised as I haven't been 100 percent this week.but I am now in the 16 stones which I can't believe !!!
Since last November tho I have now lost a whole stone because I lost 10 lb on rosemary conely, but I don't feel like I ve lost that much.
Hopefully a better week this week.
Good luck on your wi today xx

Tracy831 said:
Goodmorning all have just done me weigh in and another 2lb gone !
Am very surprised as I haven't been 100 percent this week.but I am now in the 16 stones which I can't believe !!!
Since last November tho I have now lost a whole stone because I lost 10 lb on rosemary conely, but I don't feel like I ve lost that much.
Hopefully a better week this week.
Good luck on your wi today xx

Well done Tracey
You must be so pleased xx

Morning everyone!

Good luck for those weighing in today and well done Tracey!!!! Fab weight loss!

Pebbles, chin up and keep smiling, you've done great so far and been a great giggle and support to us all.

Good luck to all Friday weigh ins (meeeee too!!!) and Saturday weigh ins.

Off to work now back later to check the results!! Fingers crossed x x x x

Morning ladies!
OK, my scales arent the best but they said ive lost 2lbs this morning, since Tuesday? 13st10lbs now. Hmmm, well - next week il be able to give you a more accurate weight loss figure!
How do you change the figure on your weight loss ticker?
xx

Good luck to everyone and well done to those who have lost so far. At work at the mo so sorry for the short post. X

pebbles running around singing, in lycra -(no, wait, hold that thought, boob tube and lycra footless leggins with those bling bling pumps)
' jump up and down and wave your hands in the air- oh yeah, oh yeah
cos theres a pound off here and a pound off there - oh yeah oh yeah
if we stay the same well, we just dont care, oh yeah oh yeah
cos the sames not a gain, they just arent a pair, oh yeah oh yeah
would we put you down? no we wouldnt dare, oh yeah oh yeah
motivation is the key, kick your feet up and let down your hair, oh yeah oh yeah.
we are the biggest losers, we're nutty, focused and very rare OH YEAH!

:party0038:

Last edited:
fab news tracy well done, youre doing so well, and jemima get you! already steaming ahead, fab and good luck for this coming week.
i stayed the same so i am feeling great about that as i was expecting worse.

good luck for those of you yet to weigh in - god it sounds like a jockey club. i'll update as soon as i hear from flab2fab and debs.

I've been absolute rubbish the last 2 days - I've had a really bad cold and am trying to do 2 jobs - the census one means being out and about and there's been such a cold wind in Manchester today and yesterday................so I've given in and eaten chocolate, biscuits and a take away....haven't even counted the syns. On the scales this morning I'd sts but reckon I've probably gained as this was before eating or drinking anything. I was a little surprised as I'd done pretty well until yesterday and I know I'm going to struggle until this fluey thing goes away but all I can say is - I will start again and stay in the Thursday club and hopefully your losses will inspire me!

Last edited:
I've been absolute rubbish the last 2 days - I've had a really bad cold and am trying to do 2 jobs - the census one means being out and about and there's been such a cold wind in Manchester today and yesterday................so I've given in and eaten chocolate, biscuits and a take away....haven't even counted the syns. On the scales this morning I'd sts but reckon I've probably gained as this was before eating or drinking anything. I was a little surprised as I'd done pretty well until yesterday and I know I'm going to struggle until this fluey thing goes away but all I can say is - I will start again and stay in the Thursday club and hopefully your losses will inspire me!

oh debs, im sorry youre feeling pants! dont be down, youre human. we are all at risk of a munch with the demons. shake that cold off then climb back on the train at the next station. and lets face it- its a STS not a gain. big hugs x

Debs154 said:

U've done well to be poorly and STS, I STS last week but it spurred me on no end to do better this week!

I've even had salad twice this week.....now let me tell you, I must look like a cow chewing grass when I have salad cos let's face it, it's not exactly comfort food, and I'm more of a good old curry & rice type of gal, but there we have it, needs must and I NEED the weight off!!!! So I've endured the salads and given the peeps in my office something to laugh about watching me chew on it like I'm chewing a wasp!

Hope I've given u some much needed giggkes with sine image hysteria there! Hope u feel better soon x x

Back