Anyone else worried??

raquelscatt

have been weighed today and gained 2lbs
frown.gif

I can only blame myself, I haven't been able to get back on track since going out for a meal over a week ago and I suppose for what I have eaten these last few days, a 2lb gain isn't too bad.

My cd counsellor perhaps feels that I should have a break over xmas and get back into things in January but I know it will give me a licence to cheat as I am a kind of all or nothing girl, ie, ss or nothing!!.
confused.gif

I am really worried tho that I will end up gaining nearly a stone by the time I see her on 8th Jan, (last weigh in next Thursday) as when I went on a 2 week holiday in the Summer I gained 12 lbs!

In an ideal world I should be sticking to the cd from now until 7 Jan and just having xmas day, boxing day and new years eve off! Oh and I've got two meals out between now and xmas day. I just feel its easier said than done tho at this moment in time. I seriously need to have a good chat with myself tonight!!LOL.

Am I the only one worried about food and weight gain over this festive period and all the hard work could end up being a waste of time??

Start weight 15st 6lb
Week 1 - -6 lbs loss
Week 2 - +1 lbs gain
Week 3 - -3 lbs loss
Week 4 - -0
week 5 - - 7lbs loss

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:22 PM.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I was worried until my CDC pointed out that anything I do gain over Xmas would have been a lot worse if I had not already lost some before Xmas...If that makes sense :) Im just going to enjoy the festive time and not stress too much about it, I think that in January I will be able to focus a lot more, If I fall off the diet wagon between now and new year then Im not going to beat myself up over it, It will just make me more determined in the new year :D

Rachel, just out of interest, how do you plan to maintain your weight once you have reached target? If you are coming off CD for the next three weeks then it might be a god time to try out a maintenance method (apart from the festive commitments of course). Then with luck you won't regain. OK you say that for you it is SS or nothing, but this diet will end eventually and you'll need some way of keeping the weight off, seems like a good time to experiment.

My cd counsellor perhaps feels that I should have a break over xmas and get back into things in January but I know it will give me a licence to cheat as I am a kind of all or nothing girl, ie, ss or nothing!!.
confused.gif

I am really worried tho that I will end up gaining nearly a stone by the time I see her on 8th Jan, (last weigh in next Thursday) as when I went on a 2 week holiday in the Summer I gained 12 lbs!

I think you should have a good conversation with yourself girl because your post is full of contradictions. "ss or nothing" you say but is that so true? You don't ss so your choice is nothing. The nothing in your case means no diet at all i think and that's why you eat. Once you ruined it you can go on eating you think probably. That's the way it worked with me with former diets. I think you have to make a choice. If you really want to loose weight, search a way that's suitable for you. Otherwise exept that you will always be a big beautiful woman.

No offence ment!

Hugs
botozi

Hello.

I thought I might add that I too tend to be 'all or nothing'. Most overweight peeps I have known are the same way.

And it can be a huge obstacle to losing weight.

By being adaptable and experimental - and NOT asking myself to be perfect - I have lost and kept off nine and a half stones. What a difference this has made to my life! I just can't put it into words.

Mostly I chose the eat less, exercise more route. I SS-d and 790d for three of those stones. In the end I found that SS-ing was not for me, cos I couldn't stick to it and I felt weak and ill.

Now I am maintaining and hoping to lose one more stone. As previous posters have said, you need to find what is right for YOU. Each day is a new beginning and it all adds up.

Good luck!

Back